"Good Hair" comment made me LOL

carrie

I complimented this girl's hair at the gym the other evening. She colored here 3ish hair. So we started talking hair. I was saying something about dealing with mine and she says "Well you have 'Good Hair' so I am sure its not a big deal". I told her this was a weave I had and she went on to say how she's seen me before I added the hair and mine was still "good" I just about fell out because I have straight up 4a/b hair whis is usually considered 'Bad' hair.

Just goes to show folks that with care and good maintenance anyone can have 'good hair'.

Neen

That's funny. I was always told I had bad hair coming up but when I have it looking nice and healthy I get a few comments like 'you don't have bad hair' or 'your hair's not that bad' ::::shrug:::: okay lol

divine

Kool....
I keep getting " you can do the natural hair thing, but everybody can't cause some people hair is too nappy."

People make me laugh...

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
A friend of mine told me once I had a "good grade of hair." So WTH is a failing one? I hope within the next ten years due to hair forums, we can focus on good hair health and leave this "grading" crap by the wayside.

Paris Belle

Nymphe said:
A friend of mine told me once I had a "good grade of hair." So WTH is a failing one? I hope within the next ten years due to hair forums, we can focus on good hair health and leave this "grading" crap by the wayside.

LOL. Yes, I've had someone tell me this one. I think they mean it's a good "type" of hair. But I think we all have a good grade/type of hair. Some of us just don't know what to do with it.

Shatani

divine said:
Kool....
I keep getting " you can do the natural hair thing, but everybody can't cause some people hair is too nappy."

People make me laugh...
i get the same comments....there is this girl i go to school with whose hair ive seen ONE TIME in two years! she stays in extensions and then perms and gets more extensions....her hair is maaaad short cuz its just constantly breaking and her edges are in serious need of care...and i try to tell her, if you take care of yours it will look just as good as mine...and she hems and haws about how she had natural hair and it wasnt nice like mine, it was hard and rough and blah blah blah....you just cant help some folks. it cracks me up too...

to me, good hair is hair thats well taken care of.....so many people dont even want to try and see what their hair can be...

Last edited:

divine

Shatani said:
i get the same comments....there is this girl i go to school with whose hair ive seen ONE TIME in two years! she stays in extensions and then perms and gets more extensions....her hair is maaaad short cuz its just constantly breaking and her edges are in serious need of care...and i try to tell her, if you take care of yours it will look just as good as mine...and she hems and haws about how she had natural hair and it wasnt nice like mine, it was hard and rough and blah blah blah....you just cant help some folks. it cracks me up too...

to me, good hair is hair thats well taken care of.....so many people dont even want to try and see what their hair can be...

It to get to me, but now i'm just like you do you.

blkmaryland

I always love it when people say "Good" and "Bad" hair. Ironically I was brought up in a family of "Good Hair" people and I was glad that I had "Bad Hair." They never could do anything with their "Good Hair." It was either too straight or too frizzy. No, I didn't get the length because they didn't know how to show me how to take care of my "Bad" hair but...hey...at least when I paid $75 for a doo....it lasted longer than 3 days. You ladies have taught me how to love my "Bad Hair"!!!!!! Kudos to all you "Bad Hair" ladies!!!!!!!

Tene

carrie said:
I complimented this girl's hair at the gym the other evening. She colored here 3ish hair. So we started talking hair. I was saying something about dealing with mine and she says "Well you have 'Good Hair' so I am sure its not a big deal". I told her this was a weave I had and she went on to say how she's seen me before I added the hair and mine was still "good" I just about fell out because I have straight up 4a/b hair whis is usually considered 'Bad' hair.

Just goes to show folks that with care and good maintenance anyone can have 'good hair'.

I agree, I think good hair is hair that grows and is healthy.

SandySea

Neen said:
That's funny. I was always told I had bad hair coming up but when I have it looking nice and healthy I get a few comments like 'you don't have bad hair' or 'your hair's not that bad' ::::shrug:::: okay lol
I can identify because I have often gotten that comment from stylest, "your hair is not bad at all" or "you have soft hair." I wanted to ask them what they were expecting, and would it make a difference if my hair was "bad" or not soft :confused: . I once had a Nigerian beautician (great with hair care) who became extremely angry at the mention of grading hair as "good" or "bad." My philosophy is, "if the hair is on my head, then it's good."