Good YouTube Tutorial

2sweetnsugarland

This weekend I'm adding some 2B kinky hair to my hair. I'm going to plait it into my hair and will not sew it in or use glue. I have NEVER done this before but I wanted to try something different. I am 100% natural and I want to plait the 2B hair into my hair using small plaits all over my head in no particular pattern so that I can put it into a pretty protective style like a bun or a high pony tail. Yes I know this will probably take me most of Friday night and all day Saturday but I'm willing to take the plunge.:yep::yep:

I've heard several things like I have to knot/tie the ends near my roots and to burn the ends of the synthetic hair BEFORE I use my flexirods and then dip the hair and rods into scalding hot water to set the curl.

My other question is can I leave some conditioner in my hair BEFORE I start adding the synthetic hair or will the conditioner mess up the synthetic hair?? I'm so confused!!!:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed

Can anyone recommend a good tutorial that I can watch this week so that I won't look too crazy when I finish??? Thanks in advance.

faithVA

I did this but I didn't curl the hair. I curl my kinky twists but not my braids, so I will let someone more knowledgeable about this address it.

If you DC well before hand you can just apply a leave in. Or if you are cool with leaving conditioner in you can do this as well. Leaving it on your hair won't affect the synthetic hair. I have actually conditioned the synthetic hair. And it didn't work well for kinky twists because the hair didn't stick together so well. But I don't think it should be an issue for braids.

You may want to shampoo the hair and/or rinse it in some water with ACV.