Got a hair CUT today....

G

I had some breakage from wearing my hair out against my clothing everday. I went in today and told the hair cuttery lady to take off as little length as possible but to get rid of the damage. She did a good job, my hair does feel a lot thicker and feels much better. But I did sacrifice a lot of length as well /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I know it's just hair and will grow back, but I feel like this is such a set back. I went from brastrap (w/see thru ends) to shoulder length (thick even healthy looking ends). I know the latter is better. Long hair that looks a mess, is useless. Just venting everyone....... I'm taking a break from focusing on LONG hair for a minute, I just want to focus ont he HEALTH.

Hey Caramela---sorry to hear about the hair cut but I'm sure your hair looks great.

I thought about this the other day....I was wondering if it looks foolish to wear a satin scarf draped across your shoulders for the purpose of protecting your ends---meaning--can it be done and still look fashionable?

Caramela,
Sorry to hear that. /images/graemlins/frown.gif But don't worry about it. You have beautiful hair, long or short. It'll grow back before you know it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Carmela,
Don't worry about the decrease in length, you will grow it back and your right the most important thing is healthy looking hair! Keep your spirits up Carmela /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Is it possible for you to post some photos of your current length /images/graemlins/confused.gif. Keep Smiling Carmela your so beautiful you will look great with any length /images/graemlins/smile.gifHappy Growing!

Hello Caramela, sorry to hear about your setback. I'm glad that you feel good about your hair being healthy though. I'm sure it's just as beautiful as it was before. I have a question for you. Since you've been taking such good care of your hair, what do you think caused your ends to become see through?

that really depresses me caramela
what's the use of having long hair if you can't wear it loose everyday and enjoy it /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sorry to hear that. It's just a small setback, though. You'll have your length back in no time! And like you said, having healthy looking hair is what is most important.
You and Adrienne need to write a book--you'd make a fortune! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey carmela! So sorry to hear about your cut. It will grow back faster now that the damaged ends are gone. Your hair looks good regardless gurl!!! Good luck /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hi Caramela,

I am empathizing with you. I cut my hair recently, on my own. It was 23" after that summer cut of 2". I wanted to start over so I cut it to a bob, not even touching my shoulders, I also cut it because of personal reasons of "out with the old" and "in with the new", I felt like I had to. But HEY! this gives us time to actually document and take pictures when we reach our goals. /images/graemlins/grin.gif The hair that grows in this time will be healthier and thicker. I first goal now is to be 20" around April/May. By Oct/Nov. of 2003 I will be back to 23" and so on and so on. My ultimate goal is waist length or longer. I will have goals set for every six months. (3in.)

Hada

I'm sure it just beautiful Caramela. Healthy and shorter is MUCH better than unhealthy and brastrap length.
Scan a photo. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pallas

Caramela...I bet you still look goreguous! Your hair grows so fast(with your regime)...you'll be back to bra strap in not time.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and votes of reassurance! I appreciate it. I just curled it, and it looks very nice and full, it's just the length I'm missing! I'm not gonna "trip" though, it'll grow back /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Oh girl you're on the right track. I am weaving my hair on Tuesday so that I can get through the winter and get some inches. By the time June rolls around we'll both be where we want to be. Good decision on your part.

Caramela, sorry about the cut but it will grow back. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Caramela,
Sorry abotu the cut but I am positive your hair is still just as pretty and your hair will be back in no time.

Awww Caramela. I feel for you. Especially as you were making such great progress with your length. But you know at least you know your hair's capabilities and IT WILL grow back there and longer. See this as a semi "start" over and concentrate on the health and the length will flourish in due time.

Are you going to post pics of your new length. I'm sure it looks lovely regardless. How many inches did they take off?

That's what I hate about being between shoulder and bra-strap length. It seems like every inch that you cut makes such a big difference.
But having healthy hair is really the goal, like you said.
So by making sure that it is healthy you will gain length.

Also, now that you have had a nice clean cut, you should be able to get away with just dusting the ends for a while.

I feel your pain but don't give up. Don't worry, Caramela with your regime and good care your hair will back to BS very soon I'm sure.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif Carmella your hair is beautiful and you are such a beautiful woman (seen your pics), you could wear an Erika Badu turban on your head and it wouldn't matter-holy cow, wait a minute, could we be on to something with the turban to grow the hair back? Just kiddin /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The other women are right, think of this as a fresh start. Your hair will be back better than ever. I'll still consider you my "hair twin"! I hope you don't let this get you too depressed. At least you still have some length. And keep in mind that when you first get any kind of cut it will always seem shorter to you than it does to anyone else. Post some new pics when you can and we'll blow your head up to cheer you up and get you going!

Caramela your face is sooooooooooooooo gorgeous anyway with or without long hair. Don't worry your hair will grow back to the length and even longer in no time.

Back