Got my Tree Braids Tonight

HealthyHair2007

Well ladies here it goes. It took almost 5 hours, but I think it was well worth it. You can't see any braids from the sides or behind. She also added two tracks for fullness in the back.
I am very happy. I do think for my next install I will go with the Outre Batik Romance curl.
I soaked the hair in the ACV and water first, then washed with my Silicone Mix shampoo and used the Leave-In conditioner....
So, what do you think????

Attachments

• DSCF1681.jpg
    DSCF1681.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 266
  • DSCF1682.jpg
    DSCF1682.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 265
  • DSCF1685.jpg
    DSCF1685.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 315
  • DSCF1687.jpg
    DSCF1687.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 257

jayjaycurlz

Oh wow! Your tree braids look lovely. She did a really good job. How are your edges, are they tight? They don't look tight but I'm curious because I was thinking about getting tree braids done in January.

HealthyHair2007

Oh wow! Your tree braids look lovely. She did a really good job. How are your edges, are they tight? They don't look tight but I'm curious because I was thinking about getting tree braids done in January.

There aren't super tight, but they are in there. When I got home, I used the good ole homemade moisturizer on the edges. They feel pretty good. I won't have any problem sleeping tonight for sure....

BlackMasterPiece

Really pretty miss HealthyHair!!:yep:

I'm hoping to practice on some family members and learn to do tree braiding myself, I've seen some tutorials on this and it looks really cool.

How long do you plan to leave them in? How do you usually maintain?

HealthyHair2007

I'm hoping to practice on some family members and learn to do tree braiding myself, I've seen some tutorials on this and it looks really cool.

This is a first. I call this my big girll hair...lol. I usually get the Kinky twist. I hope to leave them in 8 weeks as long as the hair co-operate. I will wash maybe once every week with diluted shampoo and use leave-in condish. In between I will use my aloevera moisturizer along with coconut oil/castor oil on the scalp.
This is truly a first, so I will be stalking other's who have had it for the best maintenace regi..

newslady

Well ladies here it goes. It took almost 5 hours, but I think it was well worth it. You can't see any braids from the sides or behind. She also added two tracks for fullness in the back.
I am very happy. I do think for my next install I will go with the Outre Batik Romance curl.
I soaked the hair in the ACV and water first, then washed with my Silicone Mix shampoo and used the Leave-In conditioner....
So, what do you think????

Do you mind sharing who did your braids?
Someone in ATL??

MA2010

Looks very pretty. Please come back with all the endless styles you can do with tree braids.

robot.

After hearing so many horror stores of tree-braids-gone-wrong on here, I'm glad yours came out so nice. They look really good!

Nonie

Looks nice.

:giggle: When y'all were saying "I'm glad you left your edges out", I kept scrolling up and thinking there's a photo that isn't showing for me. :rofl: So that baby hair is the edges y'all are talking about?

:lachen:

I wouldn't even think anyone would try to braid that, but from your comments, I guess there are people who do *SMH*. :look: When I say I left my edges out, I mean I left out a whole section in the front that you would kinda leave out say when sporting a weave. :giggle:

HealthyHair2007

After hearing so many horror stores of tree-braids-gone-wrong on here, I'm glad yours came out so nice. They look really good!

Thanks I am really liking them. I will probably have to go to her to have them taken out though. The baids are individual in the back, but they feel like they are tied in a knot. So, not to rip out the hair, I will need someone to take them out, also there are two tracks sewed in. I don't think I could take it out properly....LOL

HealthyHair2007

Looks nice.

:giggle: When y'all were saying "I'm glad you left your edges out", I kept scrolling up and thinking there's a photo that isn't showing for me. :rofl: So that baby hair is the edges y'all are talking about?

:lachen:

I wouldn't even think anyone would try to braid that, but from your comments, I guess there are people who do *SMH*. :look: When I say I left my edges out, I mean I left out a whole section in the front that you would kinda leave out say when sporting a weave. :giggle:

My last kinky twist, the girl that did them, tried to catch all that hair. Considering my hair line goes so low, if they see hair they will grab it..lol
I quickly took them out when I got home.

naturalmanenyc

She did a great job and for $100!!!:grin:

I had tree braids installed in NYC twice and both times were a disaster ($125 & $75 respectively). The first set came out the same day (refund) and the second set came out in about 3 days.

She was great. She asked me if I wanted them out before I had a chance to tell her. Not bad for $100. :grin:

HealthyHair2007

She did a great job and for $100!!!:grin:

I had tree braids installed in NYC twice and both times were a disaster ($125 & $75 respectively). The first set came out the same day (refund) and the second set came out in about 3 days.

Yeah I know I will have to be very careful. The ends are tied I believe right pass where my hair ends. So, I basically I can put the combs away for a while, my fingers should do the trick hopefully..

jayjaycurlz

BMP, where did you find tree braiding tutorials? Post some links please :yep: