Got Myself A Wig

ms_kenesha

I just went out and got me a wig today. Lately I've been musing about what to do with my hair and I wanted to try something different without messing with my own hair. First I thought I'd get a weave, but then thought about the wig idea so I'm holding off on the weave. Plus, I like the flexibility of being able to wash my hair whenever and all that jazz, not to mention it's much cheaper than the weave
It's kankelon hair and I paid $32.99 for it.

The wig I got has bangs and is past shoulderlength. I wanted something like Beyonce in her new video when she's wearing the all black and on the floor. Mine has more bounce than hers, it's not straight and blunt it's layered and curled a lil more. It's dark brown with reddish brown streaks in it. I took a pic, so I'll post it when I get my film developed

moneychaser

Chile, I wouldn't mind a wig right about now my self

Your gonna love that get up and go, no hassle, alternative.

LABETT

I had my stylist make me a WIG for CHRISTMAS.
IT'S really a 27 step glued to a stocking cap with a flip in
the back.
I have other WIGS also love the convience.

ms_kenesha

My Fiance hated the wig, he said I looked like a cancer patient...i was a lil upset, but I also wanted to

This other woman tried on the same wig I got after she saw it on me and it looked better on her, more natural I don't know what it is with me and wigs anytime I try one on I feel like I look like a cancer patient too.

Anybody want a brand new wig? Was $32.99 will sell for $20 or best offer...worn only once!

prettyblac

Girl! All you have to do is take it to a stylist and have them take some off the top to make it look like your natural hair and then you won't look like a patient! I had that same problem!

Karonica

Okay, I'll pass. Too short for me. I'm sure somebody else would be willing to buy it. The hair product exchange board does good business, seems like it.

ms_kenesha

That's okay Jennifer

I saw your post about the twists; I might get something like that I need to get something done to my hair while I'm transitioning so I don't get itchy fingers and cut it all off! (Which would be cool in any other circumstance, but I really want hair for the wedding)

ms_kenesha

Hey Supergirl,

I took pictures yesterday, hopefully I get them developed by next week. I'll post a picture for everyone to see.

J

JenniferMD

Kenesha, how are you going to do your hair for the wedding with two textures and all, isn't it goin to be difficult? Your wedding is in April right? I think the braids would be a great idea. Thats one less thing you have to worry about, with all the details of planning a wedding, I know I wouldn't want to be bothered with the extra stress of my hair.

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
Kenesha, how are you going to do your hair for the wedding with two textures and all, isn't it goin to be difficult? Your wedding is in April right? I think the braids would be a great idea. Thats one less thing you have to worry about, with all the details of planning a wedding, I know I wouldn't want to be bothered with the extra stress of my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's in April. I'm thinking about doing a spiral curl type of hairstyle to hide the diff textures or maybe getting tree braids like Toni Braxton wears sometimes, because I also need a hairstyle that will hold up on the honeymoon.

Cherrie

LOL... Ms Kenesha you are too funny!! My Halle Berry (now 2 months post relaxer) draws up every time I take my scarf off, even though I have loaded it down with gel, wax and other gunk!

I was debating whether to get a weave. I am now thinking WIG, for about 2 months until I have enough HAIR to gather up into an S Curl Slicked down ponytail or should I say "phony tail".

I have been off all last week and am practicing hairstyles. My husband has been giving me strange looks.

ms_kenesha

Cherrie pretty soon your husband will know not to give you the strange looks just like my fiance does. If I'm messing with my hair you either say it looks nice it looks bad or you move it along!

Cherrie

Hey,

I went out and got 2 wigs today for my transition. Together it was under 100.00. Much cheaper than a weave. I will make an appointment to have them trimmed down. One is a bob that is very bulky. the other is a Quick Weave fall (comb in the front and in the back), that I will have thinned out and trimmed shorter for a flip.

Now my hair can rest in peace.

Leshia

I know someone here who sports one when her hair is not behaving. Me, I just sport a hat. I need to be more creative....*sighs*

Good luck with that though! I bet it looks so good...

prettyblac

Ms K one of those stocking cap weave or quick weave would be perfect for you because your stylist create it for you and it is banging the girls in SC be wearing it out! and it is definitely striking! best wishes

Cherrie

I got a tip from the weave shop on how to make the wig look more real. I have an off center parted bob weave. I set the cap far enough back on my head so that I can bring some of my own hair out in front. This creates a "bubble in the back. She told me to stitch 2 tracks together using weave thread, skip a track and then stitch 2 more together until the "bubble" is gone. The she suggested that I sew a "toupe comb in the front for security. I will do this on friday and let you all know how it turns out.

I didn't like how any of the wigs looked until we began pulling some of my own hair out in the front. I don't think I will trim this one down after I alter it.

My stylist was going to charge me $30.00 to thin out a $50.00 wig. Pulease!!!

14got

your man did the same thing mine did when I got my wig. Everybody else thought I got a roller set while he was hating

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Listen Ms. K--

You're getting close to the wedding & you stated that you want hair for the wedding. Your hair is already a pretty good length, but in case you want more: a friend of mine got married in November. Her fiancee proposed in February right after she'd gone natural and did the "big chop." So after the proposal, she relaxed again & grew her hair as much as it would before the wedding--not too much in those few months. She ended up getting some hair added to hers & her stylist put it in a fabulous updo. It didn't even look fake. So, just a suggestion

Cherrie

All,

I got the Eva Gabor "Rapture" it looks like how Oprah is wearing her hair only shorter. I sprayed some Oil Sheen and Surge on in (to Blackesize it). My husband really likes it now. I would rather do wigs during my transition than weaves. Cheaper & I can get to my scalp easier for washing and conditionings!!!