Gotta Rave: Aveda Damage Remedy and Fine Hair

bajanplums1

Wow, where do I begin? I am soooo impressed with Aveda Damage Remedy and other products.

First the line up
* Aveda Damage Remedy Poo
* Aveda Damage Remedy Reconstruting Conditioner
* Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam (w. honey)
* Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother
* Aveda Brilliant UNiversal Styling Cream

Background
I last used Aveda in 2004, the Curressence Line and the Elixir leave in, I was happy with it, but the products were discontinued. I used Keracare for the last year, I enjoyed the slip it gave my hair, but my hair lacked strength and body. So for the last 3 washes, I switched back to Aveda. I have to admit for the first 2 washes, I did not trust the conditioner, so I mixed it with DRC-28 for an extra boost of strength. Now, I hate midweek washes, because of the time limitations, but for me it is a necessary to keep my hair moisturized and conditioned, piling on more product just weighs my hair down. Normally, about 4 days after a wash, my ends start to look scraggly and even with nightly conditioner, it does not stay smooth and soft.

Midweek Wash
After I washed with the poo, my hair felt so conditioned. I slapped on the conditioner without adding DRC-28 because DRC requires heat. I cooked dinner and then rinsed my hair. I squeezed out the excess water and applied the Phomollient Styling Foam. 10 minutes later, I added the Style Prep Smoother on the last 4" of my hair. I let it air dry. and in about 2 hours it was 85% dry. Once it was dry, I applied the Universal Stylng Cream and did a rollerset and went to bed.

I got compliments on the subway and I stay staring at my hair today. The ends look great again and I have body, movement and natural looking shine and I love the aroma. Also styling foam with a hood dryer rollerset gives mega volume.

I am using nothing but Aveda for the next year and see where it takes me.

I've gotten really good results DCing with Aveda DR trt only. I love how soft and detangled it makes my hair. I want to try the Smooth Infusion conditioner and Style Prep Smoother next. Is the Phomollient Styling Foam a leave-in cond?

soonergirl

Love aveda dr, smooth infusion, and brillant.. Gotta get somemore damage remedy cause I am out, and want to try the style prep... How does the style prep make your hair feel???

Cleve_gryl

:yep: I'm with you!! I'm loving Aveda so much right now, I'm trying it exclusive for the year myself. So far, I have nothing but great things to say about the DR line. Its protein, but leaves my hair so soft and moisturized!!

ItsyBitsy

I have used Aveda on & off . Last week I bought the Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother. I rollerset my hair using only this & the results were great...really soft & smooth.
I have always used the Aveda Brilliant Serum, but I received a sample size of the Light Elements Smoothing Fluid & i'm really loving the smoothing fluid :yep:. Just today I exchanged one of my bottles of the Brilliant Serum (I had 3 bottles :look: ) for the Smoothing Fluid.
The smoothing fluid is much lighter than the brilliant serum but just as effective. I'm going to use both the Prep Smoother & Smoothing Fluid for my next rollerset :yawn:

MiWay

LOVE, LOVE LOVE Aveda! DR is my favorite. I recently tried the Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate and I think I'm in love... I may have to stock up since they are supposedly discontinuing it.

janeemat

Yes! Love some Aveda. Last night I used my ADR poo, restructuring treatment and the conditioner. My hair really loves this stuff but my purse does not, so I use my beloved Dom products on a regular basis instead.

Cleve_gryl

LOVE, LOVE LOVE Aveda! DR is my favorite. I recently tried the Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate and I think I'm in love... I may have to stock up since they are supposedly discontinuing it.
Me too!! I've been experimenting with it, trying to use it different ways...But ITA on stock up :nono:

chenai

This line really turned my hair around. I have fine hair too and these products leave my hair feeling full and silky.

Coffee

I have this and will be using it for the first time today...I'll report back in with my results:yep:.

LABETT

I have just recently discovered how well my tresses love these products.
A friend gave me a bottle of Damage Remedy poo and I really love the results and will definitely repurchase the whole Damage Remedy Line.

bajanplums1

I've gotten really good results DCing with Aveda DR trt only. I love how soft and detangled it makes my hair. I want to try the Smooth Infusion conditioner and Style Prep Smoother next. Is the Phomollient Styling Foam a leave-in cond?

Phomollient is a leave in, but I like it because it is a foam. It is easy to apply, covers evenly, does not weigh down fine hair and gives incredible body when used with a hood dryer during a rollerset.

Coffee

I used Aveda's DR shampoo and intensive reconstructor and I love both. I was really please how soft the shampoo left my hair. Humm it may become a staple.

Kalani

What?! NOooooooo!!!

Glad I read this! I better go stock up!!!

LushLox

When used together this is some really good ish! :love: However in order to get the best out of the product I really think you need to use the shampoo and the treatment together - it seems to amplify the results.

I'm going to try using this every week, my hair felt so good!