Gray hairs growing faster????

jainygirl

i'm 27 and i have 3 gray hairs----that i can see
ohwell.gif
does anyone else with gray moving in notice these suckers growing any faster than the rest of their hair???i swear mine was just an inch and now it's about 6 in
look.gif
thanks---jainygirl

My gray hairs are ridiculous. They grow faster, they're stronger, and thicker. They never split or knot. I often wish my black hairs had the properties of the gray. But you're lucky you only have three.

[ QUOTE ]
Ipanema said:
My gray hairs are ridiculous. They grow faster, they're stronger, and thicker. They never split or knot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same with mine. Those bad boys are STRONG!

rofl.gif
@ Ipanema. I know
smile.gif
they are the "hairs that know better" the older,wiser strands of the pack
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
India08 said:
I have one better - my new growth has no color - it is silver white!

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
wow, and to think i made my mom feel older just by showing her my 3 gray hairs, she would keel over if it all started coming in at once
grin.gif

Glad you posted this! I got my first WHITE hair at age 20. They are now too many to number. Not only are they strong, but they are also resistant to hair coloring. Anybody have any experience with white hairs that won't take dye?
confused.gif

I tried to dye my grays with bark brown Hennalucent. They turned orange, but after I shampooed, they were white again. I havent' tried any other dye, but I'm hoping it all turns white so that I can eventually dye it to look like mother-of-pearl (if that's possible).
spinning.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ipanema said:
I'm hoping it all turns white so that I can eventually dye it to look like mother-of-pearl (if that's possible).
spinning.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ Mother of Pearl!
grin.gif
I like that look, too, but not before I'm 35!
shocked.gif
Then again, Halle Berry's hair was almost white when she played "Storm" in X-Men. It looked pretty good. . . hmm. . .
scratchchin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ChocoLatte said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
I wish I only had three gray hairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me three!!!
ohwell.gif

My sister, who is 4 years younger than I am, has had white hair since shortly after high school. She's been coloring her hair ever since. Meanwhile, I love grey/white hair, am hoping and praying that I end up with the silver hair that my Native American/African American grandmother had, and I'm now 47 with only a few greys. Those babies are strong, too. When I had a serious breakage event back in January, they survived with very little problem. I just remember that the older my grandmother got (she died at 103), the silkier and longer her hair became. Please please please let me have that...

Steph

That is really pretty, when people have like a streak of gray or white hair, or it's all white. I don't know what i'm in for because my mom has kept her hair colored since i can remember
rofl.gif
hopefully i'll get some chunks of gray/white and not the salt&pepper look
smile.gif

I gray like my mom did. I am only 24 and I have several gray hairs. I can't wait till I get my hair right so I can rinse these suckers, it seems like now that I am going natural they are all over the place. There is one in the front, that I was using to measure my overall growth. I had forgotten about it with the braids, but I saw it yesterday and it seems to have slowed down some, I know it is over 1 inch long maybe closer to 3, and I think I remember it coming in in September.

Back