Growth aid users and shedding

Do you have more shedding with growth aids?

• I've had MORE shedding

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • I've had LESS shedding

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • I haven't paid attention

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • I think its seasonal

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters

LongHairDreams

Out of curiousity, have you experienced more or less shedding with growth aids? Does the increased shedding mean faster growth or irritation or since its summer...seasonal? What have you experienced?

please make the "i haven't paid attention" to "I haven't noticed a difference"

Last edited:

JustKiya

When I first started using, I had more shedding. Now, my shedding seems to have normalized, or even reduced.

I haven't noticed when my shed 'season' is though - I'm not sure if I have one, honestly.

AsTheCurlzTurns

I chose, haven't noticed a difference. I've only used MN and my own sulfur concoction and it's just my normal shedding. I haven't used any aids in awhile now, and my shedding is still the same as when I was on it. Going to be starting Bee Mine soon, so I'll come back later and update this post if I see otherwise.

In response to the increased shedding, I KNOW I read someone broke it down where if your hair is growing at a faster rate(than normal) while on growth aids, it can shed more than if you were NOT doing any growth aids. Hopefully someone will come in and chime in on this issue. I just can't remember word for word of how it was explained.:perplexed

Irresistible

I think one should pay close attention when there is increased shedding and not just assume that its from increased growth, one has to decide for themselves if its a possible reaction or irritation or actually a problem that is beyond shedding from the growth aid, I think it could get risky to just assume its one thing and not pay close attention to the possible other causes

I would watch any increased shedding very closely and if didnt subside i would discontinue use and find the culprit and get my hair to stop any major increased shedding. I would never personally be comfortable with large amounts of hair coming out of my head for any great length of time for any reason:perplexed

Neith

I think one should pay close attention when there is increased shedding and not just assume that its from increased growth, one has to decide for themselves if its a possible reaction or irritation or actually a problem that is beyond shedding from the growth aid, I think it could get risky to just assume its one thing and not pay close attention to the possible other causes

I would watch any increased shedding very closely and if didnt subside i would discontinue use and find the culprit and get my hair to stop any major increased shedding. I would never personally be comfortable with large amounts of hair coming out of my head for any great length of time for any reason:perplexed

I agree :yep:

nodisrespect

i always have the same amount of shedding... i hope that isnt evidence that growth aids dont work for me :sad::sad:

In response to the increased shedding, I KNOW I read someone broke it down where if your hair is growing at a faster rate(than normal) while on growth aids, it can shed more than if you were NOT doing any growth aids. Hopefully someone will come in and chime in on this issue. I just can't remember word for word of how it was explained.

yeah... basically that your hair growing faster means it reaches the end of its growth cycle faster than normal, hence the more shedding hair

shorthairdiva09

i haven't noticed much of a difference but i am seeing less shedding from the garlic pills. I am a newbie to this, so in a month ill see if the pills actually did much work i havent been using them that long (MT user)

Neith

i always have the same amount of shedding... i hope that isnt evidence that growth aids dont work for me :sad::sad:

yeah... basically that your hair growing faster means it reaches the end of its growth cycle faster than normal, hence the more shedding hair

That doesn't make sense to me.

Your hair isn't "programed" to grow a certain amount, then fall out. It's programmed to grow for a certain amount of time. The length of your cycle shouldn't be affected.

Otherwise, what use is it to have fast growth, but you can't keep the hair in your head long enough to attain longer lengths?

SunnyDelight

I agree. I recently stopped using a growth aid after shedding which I initially though was under control. Fact of the matter was- I wasn't shedding before I started using it and I didn't like shedding for the sake of the growth that was to come. For me it is less traumatic to just let my hair do what its gonna do naturally. If I were naturally a shedder it would have been easier to take but since I'm not, I couldn't see doing a whole bunch of extra steps to prevent the shedding that was the result of one product. Does that make sense? :spinning::spinning:

Irresistible

I agree. I recently stopped using a growth aid after shedding which I initially though was under control. Fact of the matter was- I wasn't shedding before I started using it and I didn't like shedding for the sake of the growth that was to come. For me it is less traumatic to just let my hair do what its gonna do naturally. If I were naturally a shedder it would have been easier to take but since I'm not, I couldn't see doing a whole bunch of extra steps to prevent the shedding that was the result of one product. Does that make sense? :spinning::spinning:

what your saying does make sense and I agree doing all that might not make sense for some :spinning:

I couldnt take seeing all that hair come out :nono:

nodisrespect

That doesn't make sense to me.

Your hair isn't "programed" to grow a certain amount, then fall out. It's programmed to grow for a certain amount of time. The length of your cycle shouldn't be affected.

Otherwise, what use is it to have fast growth, but you can't keep the hair in your head long enough to attain longer lengths?

eh i guess... thats just something ive read here from time to time... if you dont subscribe to it, more power to you :peace:

I didn't pay attention to the shedding, but I will say with OCT, I had to wash my hair more, I was applying the OCT to my scalp every other day, and my scalp itch, but I notice my hair grew a little bit faster.