Guys I Need Help!!!

seymone

I cannot understand this.. Everytime I relax my hair it reverts. The last three relaxer that I used were Mizani Fine & Colored Treated, ORS Lye Relaxer, Silk Elements Coarse (last one used). Could it because I was natural for so long (2 years almost)?

I used Silk Element coarse, almost a month ago and at the 3 week mark my hair looks like a texlaxed mess. Now I have to use heat to make it look halfway decent. Now I am starting to think this is the reason why I am shedding like crazy. When I straighten my hair with flat iron not a single hair sheds. Days would pass without hair shedding.

I need help in finding a lye relaxer that will get me straight not necessarily bone straight, just straight. Please help..

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Maybe your not leaving the relaxer on long enough to process. Have you done a strand test b4 using any of those relaxers? You may also need your porosity checked, that plays a big role in how well your hair will take to any relaxer, you hair may have a problem absorbing the relaxer therefore it's not taking properly.

seymone

What do u suggest porosity control before relaxer? If the relaxer was left on long enough wouldn't I have been underprocessed from the beginning not after 3 weeks. Next relaxer, I will leave it on for the full amount of time, but my hair get straight after 5-7 mins

dlove

the reason why i have a 1'in twa is because i switched chemicals. do your research.... (cathy howse) switching chemicals is a no-no.

lonei

Lye relaxers did this to me also. I switched back to no-lye and use the half half relaxer method which minimises the chances of underprocessing, I have typed up the method I use in my fotki journal...

seymone

Lye relaxers did this to me also. I switched back to no-lye and use the half half relaxer method which minimises the chances of underprocessing, I have typed up the method I use in my fotki journal...

Thanks Ladies,

Lonei, I am going to look at your fotki. When I used no lye relaxers, I never had this problem. I am still scared of no lye.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I would suggest testing your porosity to see if that it, or you could use the Roux prosity control poo and/or conditioner to help correct it, and make sure to do a strand test b4 your next relaxer that way you will know how long it takes to process. I wouldn't recommend leaving it on the entire time if your hair doesn't need the entire time listed to process, it can end up being over processed if you leave it on too long past the processing time. But you'll have to find out what that time is.
What do u suggest porosity control before relaxer? If the relaxer was left on long enough wouldn't I have been underprocessed from the beginning not after 3 weeks. Next relaxer, I will leave it on for the full amount of time, but my hair get straight after 5-7 mins

gymfreak336

Thanks Ladies,

Lonei, I am going to look at your fotki. When I used no lye relaxers, I never had this problem. I am still scared of no lye.

If you go back to no-lye remember to use a chelating shampoo everynow and then. No-lye leaves extra mineral deposits an a chelating shampoo will help remove them. If you didn't this problem with no-lye then you might have to switch back.

seymone

Thank Ladies,

I am thinking about the optimum multimineral lye now, since it has the benefits of lye and no lye or elasta qp mo body.. i am going to braid my hair up for awhile. Hopefully after that, I will know what relaxer I want.

anahnamuslyyours

Could also be an internal thing. I had this same problem for a while and me and my stylist finally figured out it was the lack of BC hormones. I had been off them for nearly a year but the hormones had still been in my system for all that time. Once it was gone, my hair started reacting differently. Got back on the hormones and my hair got back to getting straight when I told it to. It was funny because at first she was trying to blame my vitamins.

AtlantaJJ

Could also be an internal thing. I had this same problem for a while and me and my stylist finally figured out it was the lack of BC hormones. I had been off them for nearly a year but the hormones had still been in my system for all that time. Once it was gone, my hair started reacting differently. Got back on the hormones and my hair got back to getting straight when I told it to. It was funny because at first she was trying to blame my vitamins.
Oh my! Something else to look forward to as I progress through my 40's :rolleyes: