Hair and colonix...

Crissi

Ok, ladies, ive shaved my hair again, i just can't handle it (even at the legnth it was in the oct 2nd pic)... I can't seem to find products that work for me consistntly, and if a product doesn't work for myhair its terrible, because my hair is course, thick, dry, brittle.. the list goes on. I will also be doing colonix for 3 months, and i wanted to know whether i should wait till march to grow my hair back (as the vitamins will get absorbed better, and i won't be so "clogged" up), or should i just start growing it back when i start colonix in january? I want to grow my hair back properly, no interruptions...

TIA

Crissi, x

Sorry your hair wasn't doing as well as you'd hoped. :(

I say start growing it in January...that way, if it's not progressing the way it needs to by March, you can cut it again, and start over, without really losing any time. I hope that makes sense.

Good luck!

i'm really not sure about the colonic connection.
but maybe you need a lil more hair to work with
to really know what products work for you. I know
that steam can work miracles on coarse dry brittle hair
have you thought about steaming your hair or trying
conditioner and then wrapping w/ a steaming hot towell
i know a salon i went to had a steam machine type
hair dryer and my hair was so soft. maybe thats something
you can look into. i know there was a home made
steamer thread that may help.

what is it that you are looking for your products to do?

happy growing

msportugal said:
i'm really not sure about the colonic connection.
but maybe you need a lil more hair to work with
to really know what products work for you. I know
that steam can work miracles on coarse dry brittle hair
have you thought about steaming your hair or trying
conditioner and then wrapping w/ a steaming hot towell
i know a salon i went to had a steam machine type
hair dryer and my hair was so soft. maybe thats something
you can look into. i know there was a home made
steamer thread that may help.

what is it that you are looking for your products to do?

happy growing

Basically, no matter what i do, no matter what products i use, cheap, or expensive, they never really work, or only work for a certain time frame, even with clarifying. I have tried to cut out cones/parabens... and go organic/natural and that doesn't seem to be working, co washing, moisturizing.. doesn't work. Ive even taken it back old school (with the grease). And my hair will remain dry and brittle... every stylist that ive been to all say the same thing to. Its so bad that one even asked if i was on medication because it just didn't make sense why my hair was so bad. I could take the best vitamins aswell and the speed of growth will improve to a certain extent but it will remain brittle, dry and break.

After doing so much research on colon cleanses, and the benefits it has in general, aswell as the benefits to the hair and skin, i beleive i may need it for that purpose also (among many others).My skin also seems to be reflecting the same traits as my hair... now it seems to take forever for blemishes to fade and what not. I also think it was Ekomba that said after she done the colonix her hair was softer and what not.

Oh yea, thank you for reminding me about the steamer, i was going to buy one of those, i guessi just forgot about it, underno circumstances am i getting ripped off at the salons around here.. Thank you

I could go on, but i'll keep it short-ish lol

Last edited:
WomanlyCharm said:
Sorry your hair wasn't doing as well as you'd hoped. :(

I say start growing it in January...that way, if it's not progressing the way it needs to by March, you can cut it again, and start over, without really losing any time. I hope that makes sense.

Good luck!

I may just try that... thank u

Crissi, x

Sorry to hear it as well...your hair looked great.

On the other note...I tried the Colonix that Ekbomb had such great success and it didn't go anything for me. :( At first I was a little upset that I had spent the 90 dollars, then I was just happy I didn't get the three month supply.:) I'm thinking about going to a clinic and having it done professionally...neway, I think waiting in taking the vitamins is a good idea at the point you plan to try changing your diet, to include less processed foods. At the point that you aren't (like my lazy ass) you might as well start them now. That's my two sense.

C

Crissi said:
Basically, no matter what i do, no matter what products i use, cheap, or expensive, they never really work, or only work for a certain time frame, even with clarifying. I have tried to cut out cones/parabens... and go organic/natural and that doesn't seem to be working, co washing, moisturizing.. doesn't work. Ive even taken it back old school (with the grease). And my hair will remain dry and brittle... every stylist that ive been to all say the same thing to. Its so bad that one even asked if i was on medication because it just didn't make sense why my hair was so bad. I could take the best vitamins aswell and the speed of growth will improve to a certain extent but it will remain brittle, dry and break.

After doing so much research on colon cleanses, and the benefits it has in general, aswell as the benefits to the hair and skin, i beleive i may need it for that purpose also (among many others).My skin also seems to be reflecting the same traits as my hair... now it seems to take forever for blemishes to fade and what not. I also think it was Ekomba that said after she done the colonix her hair was softer and what not.

Oh yea, thank you for reminding me about the steamer, i was going to buy one of those, i guessi just forgot about it, underno circumstances am i getting ripped off at the salons around here.. Thank you

I could go on, but i'll keep it short-ish lol

Hey Crissi wassup girl i think i know what you are experiencing cause i experienced it too did you just big chop recently (meaning less than 6months ago) and it s growing back and no matter any products that u use the hair is very very dry and no amount of product can change it? then you may be experiencing scab hair. I had that when i chopped. the hair right after years of relaxer, will grow but very very harsh. At the time i did not know better, so no msm or products :mad: but after a couple of months my scalp started to produce a different kind of hair that is wayyyyy softer. and now with msm, vits and topical products and cowash the hair stays soft like a baby its nappy but it loves cowash. i know my scab hair the only thing i could do was wait till i had enough to do braids tiny ones but it would hurt just touching it, dont even think putting a comb:mad: it would make my head sore. so i put it in the braids then when the hair changed i chopped the dry parts.

The benefit in the colonix is it does change the hair makes it look more shiny and healthier and vibrant, skin as well. the only reason i cant take my vits with the colonix is just with the colonix i have to take pills anti-worms in the morning, then the fiber shake, then the kleri tea at night so it s too much and i take a lot of pills so i alternate 1 month i take colonix, then i m back to my vits i m only taking one colonix box though pretty soon in a few days in the meantime i m taking the designer whey french vanilla shakes instead of my breakfast. i notice msm, biotin soften my hair too. Like i said my hair is no longer the same texture as when it was scab hair, it is still 4b but its more elongated:confused: softer and just does its own thing. I think vits, colonix, msm and diet and water are the culprits coupled with the fact that i havent used heat for almost 1 1/2 year and neither poo just conditioner that keeps my hair soft while poo makes my hair dry. (except maybe Creme of nature green label poo and mane and tail but that s about it)

So dont worry Crissi while it grows and specially a few months after a big chop, your hair will go through stages but if you ever had a relaxer before, the first hair that sprouts out is not "your real hair" per se, you will see as it grows that the texture of your hair will change, you will be able to tell the difference trust me. Some experience it less but if you for instance just transition like i did for one year before the big chop you cant really tell, you think the hair curls more because at the demarcation line between the new growth and the relaxed parts, the relaxed hair is pulling so it makes appear the new growth different. once you chop the relaxed parts all sudden some experience the scab to a more or less degree. After a couple days you notice that no matter what you do the hair is dry and brittle like brillo pad in my case and no products can change it. the scab hair varies in people it can be just 4 months for some, me it was a whole year i was forced to chopped until i discovered the new texture, that was way different! good luck and now with the advent of all the products and aids, let me know if you find something. in my case only trimming the dry parts worked as the hair grew or no what i mostly did was avoid my hair and put it in braids until i grew out of the scab hair;)

ekomba said:
Hey Crissi wassup girl i think i know what you are experiencing cause i experienced it too did you just big chop recently (meaning less than 6months ago) and it s growing back and no matter any products that u use the hair is very very dry and no amount of product can change it? then you may be experiencing scab hair. I had that when i chopped. the hair right after years of relaxer, will grow but very very harsh. At the time i did not know better, so no msm or products :mad: but after a couple of months my scalp started to produce a different kind of hair that is wayyyyy softer. and now with msm, vits and topical products and cowash the hair stays soft like a baby its nappy but it loves cowash. i know my scab hair the only thing i could do was wait till i had enough to do braids tiny ones but it would hurt just touching it, dont even think putting a comb:mad: it would make my head sore. so i put it in the braids then when the hair changed i chopped the dry parts.

The benefit in the colonix is it does change the hair makes it look more shiny and healthier and vibrant, skin as well. the only reason i cant take my vits with the colonix is just with the colonix i have to take pills anti-worms in the morning, then the fiber shake, then the kleri tea at night so it s too much and i take a lot of pills so i alternate 1 month i take colonix, then i m back to my vits i m only taking one colonix box though pretty soon in a few days in the meantime i m taking the designer whey french vanilla shakes instead of my breakfast. i notice msm, biotin soften my hair too. Like i said my hair is no longer the same texture as when it was scab hair, it is still 4b but its more elongated:confused: softer and just does its own thing. I think vits, colonix, msm and diet and water are the culprits coupled with the fact that i havent used heat for almost 1 1/2 year and neither poo just conditioner that keeps my hair soft while poo makes my hair dry. (except maybe Creme of nature green label poo and mane and tail but that s about it)

So dont worry Crissi while it grows and specially a few months after a big chop, your hair will go through stages but if you ever had a relaxer before, the first hair that sprouts out is not "your real hair" per se, you will see as it grows that the texture of your hair will change, you will be able to tell the difference trust me. Some experience it less but if you for instance just transition like i did for one year before the big chop you cant really tell, you think the hair curls more because at the demarcation line between the new growth and the relaxed parts, the relaxed hair is pulling so it makes appear the new growth different. once you chop the relaxed parts all sudden some experience the scab to a more or less degree. After a couple days you notice that no matter what you do the hair is dry and brittle like brillo pad in my case and no products can change it. the scab hair varies in people it can be just 4 months for some, me it was a whole year i was forced to chopped until i discovered the new texture, that was way different! good luck and now with the advent of all the products and aids, let me know if you find something. in my case only trimming the dry parts worked as the hair grew or no what i mostly did was avoid my hair and put it in braids until i grew out of the scab hair;)

Thank you for allthe info Ekomba, your so knowledgable. But i have NEVER had a relaxer.... thats why i think its down to my system/colon

Crissi said:
Thank you for allthe info Ekomba, your so knowledgable. But i have NEVER had a relaxer.... thats why i think its down to my system/colon

You welcome Crissi oh i see you never had a relaxer? ok so the dryness could be a lack of hydration. Do you drink a lot of water? how about your diet is it heavily meats and less veggies and fruits. Do you feel stuffed, or prone to water retention? dryness could be that you dont get enough water, be it for your skin, your hair ( i drink one gallon a day and i see the difference, and i cut off sodas as well only juices from time to time), i try to limit my salt intake (too much water retention), maybe you are dehydrated as well. a good cleansing like colonix could be a good start it does not always result in weight loss if you are already clean and take care of your body. but in my case as i ate so much meat and junk food i m sooooo backed up i saw the results immediately lol:lachen: i always felt stuffed before: and you have to remember on the colonix you cant eat like u used to either i eat sensitively and changed my whole diet so i see more results and right before colonix i do a cure of apples for a day ( but the added benefits, clearing stuff up, and keep in mind it is necessary to get a good multivit as the food we eat do not cover our daily requirements. And you can also try to incorporate any omega 3-9 oils like flaxseed oil ( in your salad for instance i try to take a spoonful yuck ish is nasty:ohwell: haha), evening primrose oil, fish oil, cod liver oil, borage oil, salmon oil or even spirulina and hydrolyged collagen to restore moisture in the hair they do help in growth too specially the hydrolyzed collagen and the spirulina;)

Last edited:
But your hair looks really soft and healthy in your October sig pic...
obviously only you know what it's really like though.

I hope you manage to figure out what's making it dry.

You could try henna as lots of members have had good results with it.

I agree with WomanlyCharm about growing it out from January.

Back