Hair Care Experts...

Vanilla

I need HELP! I'm a newbie and I have several questions.
I've been lurking for some time and have gotten some very good advice and I've learned sooooo much. Thank you Ladies!!

I have 4b hair that is very dry and breaking with an ithcy flaky scalp. I've been using Nexxus Therappe, Humectress, and Keraphix for a while. I don't see any difference in my hair. I would like to try some different products so I need any suggestions that you may have. I also need help with my regimen.I'll be making a trip to Sally's tomorrow to purchase some products.Could you ladies please suggest some moisturizing shampoos and conditoners and leave-ins.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
This is so funny because I just made a post very similar asking for suggestions.

Hope we both will get some responses.

katie

Nizoral AD is an excellent dandruff shampoo.I saw results after the 2nd use.Apply to the scalp only and you can always follow it up with a detangling shampoo such as Cream of Nature
I also recommend Biolage leave-in Tonic.It detangles and moisturizes really really well.
I find it strange you don't like Therappe.I am a 4b and that is my fave shampoo.Maybe other ladies can help you with a good shampoo.
ALso if your hair is very dry maybe you can try conditioner washes for a week to see how that helps.I do them twice a week.Good cheap conditioners for conditioner washes such as VO5 Strawberries and Cream,Suave Humectant,Le Kair Cholesterol.

When I deep condition once a week(planning to start twice a week due to the winter)I use a more expensive conditioner but something cheap like Le Kair Cholesterol is also great.

I moisturize my hair every night with Profectiv Breakfree or Hot Six Oil and sleep in a silk scarf.
HTH

katie

ALmost forgot,if you don't have a good wide tooth comb(like a shower comb) you should definitely get one.They are excellent.I use no other comb.

LABETT

WELCOME ABOARD.

Have you tried a protein treatment to help to breakage.
I use prescription strength Nizoral to control my flaking scalp since taking flaxseed oil my scalp has less flakes.

keylargo

I'm 4b relaxed and I've had to almost completely cut shampoo out of my regimen. Even the Therappe and Creme of Nature was too harsh. I now only use shampoo as needed which is when I have product build up.

I just do conditioner washes primarily. I do it about 3-4 times per week. Some ladies do it daily. You'll have to figure out what works best for you. Katie mentioned some of the favorites above. Some other favorites are Keracare Humecto, Mizani Moisturefuse, Kenra moisturizing conditioner. These are much more expensive but may be worth a try.

The Keraphix is a good protein conditioner so you may be okay there. Just make sure you are not using it too often. Most ladies here use protein conditioners twice a month if that.

You also want to make sure you are wearing protective styles. This is my challenge because I like to wear my hair out because it's starting to get really healthy looking. Most ladies wear buns or fake ponytails. You might want to search for the baggie technique and vaseline challenge.

I've fallen in love with Wildgrowth oil. I use it on my hair while it's damp and put extra oil on my ends. I put the baggie over it and my ends stay moist all day.

Hope this helps. Check out Adrienne's regimen too.

soulchild

[ QUOTE ]
I have 4b hair that is very dry and breaking with an ithcy flaky scalp. I've been using Nexxus Therappe, Humectress, and Keraphix for a while. I don't see any difference in my hair. I would like to try some different products so I need any suggestions that you may have. I also need help with my regimen.I'll be making a trip to Sally's tomorrow to purchase some products.Could you ladies please suggest some moisturizing shampoos and conditoners and leave-ins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome Vanilla!

Just to let you know, most of the products mentioned above cannot be found at Sally's. I would checkout their website first, I think it's sallybeauty.com. Creme of Nature and Wildgrowth hair oil can be found there though, also Profectiv Break Free is a good creamy leave-in. Motions conditioners are really popular too.

For the dryness, I would definately recommend conditioner-only washes. Good suggestions mentioned above. If your hair is breaking I would consider a protein treatment conditioner, for example Motions CPR. And for your scalp, perhaps an apple cider vinegar rinse would help.

Good luck.

Robin41

Welcome Vanilla! Regular hot oil treatments with olive oil stopped any flaking and dryness I had.

Good luck!

Vanilla

Thank you ladies!
I need help! I got a touch up last Thursday with my stylist. She used the Dudley's Sensitive scalp. I don't think all the relaxer was rinsed out properly. My scalp in the front is itching and there's white stuff in my hair. I know that it's not dandruff and theres scabs. I'm going to wash my hair tonight. I need some suggestions as to what I need to buy to night before I wash.

Tracy

NEUTRALIZING SHAMPOO! Buy and use it TODAY. If it's bee a week and you think there's still product in your hair then you should wash it immediately.

Vanilla

Tracy,
is there any way to know definately if it is? Do I follow up with a moisturizinf shampoo? thanks! I'm clueless

Ditto on the neutralizer. I would use the neutralizer shampoo tonight (make sure you buy the one that works with your relaxer-type (lye or no-lye). Let the shampoo sit for 5 minutes, then rinse.

I would then shampoo once with the Therrape. Follow it with an apple cider vinegar rinse. Then the Humectress for 20 minutes under a warm dryer (you can also oil the ends before getting under the dryer).

Starting with your next wash, I would do a hot oil treatment at least once a week until the brittleness is gone.

perfect peace

Vanilla

I think the dudle's is lye,but i'm not sure because she mixed it.how do i know what to get? any suggestions!!

Nyambura

surfer girl
Vanilla, I don't think you mix lye relaxers. I only know of *no* lye relaxers that require mixing. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

If she mixed, she probably used no-lye. Another "trigger" is the phrase "scalp sensative formula," that seems to refer to no-lye. But the best and safest thing to do is ask. I would just call her up and ask.

Vanilla

thanks for the help!
Last night i washed my hair with Elasta neutrazling shampoo thankfully it did not turn pink. I then followed up the
Aphogee treatment for damaged hair and moisture balancer. I then put Humectress on and went under the dryer for 30 minutes. I applied my leave in and rollerset my hair. the problem is I still had broken pieces of hair as I combed. Please help.