Nexxus users/lovers:can you give me some product advice

morehairplease

My hair is relaxed & very short and on top of all that I have split ends :( :mad: . What shampoo & conditioner would you rec I start with & how exactly should I use them in a rountine? I plan on getting the split ends cut this Thrusday so I will be starting. What advice would you give me to prevent the split ends from coming back? Also, if the form of deep conditioners & hot oil treatments how often should I do those? I took a look on th Nexxus site and saw that their Rx for split ends was:
ensure
assure

Rx for dry/brittle/weak hair:
therappe
humectress
keraphix

Rx for ultra dry:
therappe
humectress

Rx for fragile:
botanoil
ensure
epitome
keraphix

Rx for breakage:
therappe
humectress
emergencee

which Rx best suits my hair needs? I have split ends & dry hair. But if I buy all those products that would cost alot. Any suggestions & advice would be great!
thanks in advance ladies

metalkitty

Hi, Tishee I really like Humectress as a moisurizing conditioner but you might want to try Keraphix as a light protein conditioner to build up your hair a bit. Therapee is supposed to be a good shampoo for moisturizing too. HTHS :) .

morehairplease

metalkitty said:
Hi, Tishee I really like Humectress as a moisurizing conditioner but you might want to try Keraphix as a light protein conditioner to build up your hair a bit. Therapee is supposed to be a good shampoo for moisturizing too. HTHS :) .

metalkitty thanks SO much for replying! :kiss:

Should I even purchase the ensure & assure duo for split ends? I am getting a trim of all the split ends this Thursday....should I even bother buying them? tia

bluediamond0829

have you been reading Beautiful Black Hair by Shamboosie..i was trying to figure out the same thing not too long ago..because my hair i have breakage and dry hair...

CarLiTa

Hi tishee! I didnt even know what the assure and ensure were for, but if it says that they're for split ends, maybe you should get one. You could do a wash with either one, follow up with Therappe to put some moisture back in the hair, do a bit of keraphix, it's important if you have split ends, IMO, and then do the Humectress.

i've heard good things about Lanza's Protein Plus Shampoo and I was planning to buy it as my protein shampoo, but I dont know, still havent decided. U know, i'm on a budget and i'm trying to keep the products to exactly what I need, instead of having excess stuff :look:

morehairplease

bluediamond0829 said:
have you been reading Beautiful Black Hair by Shamboosie..i was trying to figure out the same thing not too long ago..because my hair i have breakage and dry hair...

hi bluediamond,
Where can I get the BBH book? Those Rx's that I pasted in this thread I got them from the Nexxus website. The problem is that Nexxus is really expensive and I KNOW I am suffering from all those problems but I just don't have the money right now to purchase all of those recommended poos&cos. I am leaning more towards the poo & co for split ends and for dry hair. The nexxus store in my area is selling nexxus buy one get the second one half price ;) so I am going this weekend.

morehairplease

Hi Carlita sweetie,

This weekend I am purchasing ensure,assure,humectress,therappe & emergencee.With the keraphix how long should I keep it in my hair? And do I use it with our without heat?

thanks in advance

CarLiTa said:
Hi tishee! I didnt even know what the assure and ensure were for, but if it says that they're for split ends, maybe you should get one. You could do a wash with either one, follow up with Therappe to put some moisture back in the hair, do a bit of keraphix, it's important if you have split ends, IMO, and then do the Humectress.

i've heard good things about Lanza's Protein Plus Shampoo and I was planning to buy it as my protein shampoo, but I dont know, still havent decided. U know, i'm on a budget and i'm trying to keep the products to exactly what I need, instead of having excess stuff :look:

bluediamond0829

tishee said:
hi bluediamond,
Where can I get the BBH book? Those Rx's that I pasted in this thread I got them from the Nexxus website. The problem is that Nexxus is really expensive and I KNOW I am suffering from all those problems but I just don't have the money right now to purchase all of those recommended poos&cos. I am leaning more towards the poo & co for split ends and for dry hair. The nexxus store in my area is selling nexxus buy one get the second one half price ;) so I am going this weekend.

i ordered mine from blackexpressions.com but you can order it from amazon.com a used copy is going as low as 11.13..http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/103-6524457-2080633 or ebay
http://books.search.ebay.com/beautiful-black-hair_Books_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQsacatZ267 or a bookstore like barnes & nobles
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bo...ack+hair&userid=re73azXCaO&cds2Pid=9481...its a good book but the stylist pushes using a lye relaxer(and i dont think my hair can handle lye very well it dries it out) but he also pushes the nexxus products..basically the same thing you had gotten from the nexxus website is in his book..its some other mentions of him in the forum if you want to look him up try doing a advanced search for Shamboosie...

CarLiTa

hey girlie. I've only used the Keraphix twice so far. I've only been using Nexxus products for almost a month only. I did it without heat because I don't like having to get out of the shower, then go back in,etc, so i just left it on for about 5 minutes without heat. It says 3 minutes on the bottle thingie. I'm going to do the Keraphix once every two weeks now.

at the Metrobeauty store, i saw that they have gift packs, i would say, of Nexxus products, like 16oz bottles of Therappe and Humectress together for only $15. I think it's a good price. I'm on a serious budget too but I want what's best for my hair, so i have to dish out the cash, even if i have to buy the products one by one, one every week :lol:

metalkitty

Hmmm, I honestly haven't heard about results from the Ensure and Assure :ohwell: .... But there Keraphix many ladies like, since its a light protein I think you should use it with heat so it can really penetrate. You can use heat from the shower like Carlita and some other ladies do, warm up a little Keraphix in the microwave ( no more than ten sec.) and apply it, or apply it, cover with plastic cap, put on a warm hat and do housework or whatever for a while. HTH, again!

morehairplease

bluediamond0829 said:
i ordered mine from blackexpressions.com but you can order it from amazon.com a used copy is going as low as 11.13..http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/103-6524457-2080633 or ebay
http://books.search.ebay.com/beautiful-black-hair_Books_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQsacatZ267 or a bookstore like barnes & nobles
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=beautiful+black+hair&userid=re73azXCaO&cds2Pid=9481...its a good book but the stylist pushes using a lye relaxer(and i dont think my hair can handle lye very well it dries it out) but he also pushes the nexxus products..basically the same thing you had gotten from the nexxus website is in his book..its some other mentions of him in the forum if you want to look him up try doing a advanced search for Shamboosie...

thanks bluediamond! off to ebay!

morehairplease

CarLiTa said:
hey girlie. I've only used the Keraphix twice so far. I've only been using Nexxus products for almost a month only. I did it without heat because I don't like having to get out of the shower, then go back in,etc, so i just left it on for about 5 minutes without heat. It says 3 minutes on the bottle thingie. I'm going to do the Keraphix once every two weeks now.

at the Metrobeauty store, i saw that they have gift packs, i would say, of Nexxus products, like 16oz bottles of Therappe and Humectress together for only $15. I think it's a good price. I'm on a serious budget too but I want what's best for my hair, so i have to dish out the cash, even if i have to buy the products one by one, one every week :lol:

Carlita thanks so much! I called TS and they are having a sale although not the 40% off sale that some ladies on the forum have been lucky to find :(. I checked ebay and while you can catch a good deal here and there some auctions are well asking WAY too much IMHO. Off to check metrobeauty! :)

morehairplease

DatJerseyDyme said:
I like to mix keraphix and humectress. This combo leaves my hair soft but still strong :)

hi DatJerseyDyme,
do you mind telling me how long you leave the mixture on your head? Also,do you use heat and a plastic cap? How often do you do the keraphix & humectress combo for your hair?
thanks in advance

DatJerseyDyme

I use the combo up to every other week. I mix it together (1 part keraphix to 2 parts humectress) and apply it to wet hair. Then I put on a plastic cap and wrap my towel around my head. I let it sit for 30 - 60 minutes (60 would be ideal). I don't use heat because when I have lot of newgrowth heat makes my hair draw up.

morehairplease

DatJerseyDyme said:
I use the combo up to every other week. I mix it together (1 part keraphix to 2 parts humectress) and apply it to wet hair. Then I put on a plastic cap and wrap my towel around my head. I let it sit for 30 - 60 minutes (60 would be ideal). I don't use heat because when I have lot of newgrowth heat makes my hair draw up.

thanks so much!:kiss:

ChangedByAdmin8

Hi :

When I first started on my "Healthy Hair" journey I invested in the Nexxus Biotin Treatment Program (the packaging is green). This system along with WGO and Mizani Rose H2O I have seen a great deal of progress with my hair.

ChangedByAdmin8

Hi :

When I first started on my "Healthy Hair" journey I invested in the Nexxus Biotin Treatment Program (the packaging is green). This system along with WGO and Mizani Rose H2O I have seen a great deal of progress with my hair.

Arcadian

Ensure Acidfying conditioner is really good. Its along the same lines as Porosity Control (and it smells better) so if you're relaxed and having problems then use once a week. If your problems are really severe (tangling, etc) definitly use it full full strength.

I do a half and half mix every other week my giovanni conditioner just to the relaxed portions of my hair, especially the ends. No heat really necessary but will leave in minimal 3 minutes or up to 30 minutes and it helps with tangling and hair feeling rough.

If you use keraphix once a week, first clarify, use keraphix, then use ensure+moisterizing conditioner. My experience with keraphix is if you clarify first it works much better.

-A

morehairplease

Thanks SO much Arcadian! :kiss: :kiss:

Arcadian said:
Ensure Acidfying conditioner is really good. Its along the same lines as Porosity Control (and it smells better) so if you're relaxed and having problems then use once a week. If your problems are really severe (tangling, etc) definitly use it full full strength.

I do a half and half mix every other week my giovanni conditioner just to the relaxed portions of my hair, especially the ends. No heat really necessary but will leave in minimal 3 minutes or up to 30 minutes and it helps with tangling and hair feeling rough.

If you use keraphix once a week, first clarify, use keraphix, then use ensure+moisterizing conditioner. My experience with keraphix is if you clarify first it works much better.

-A

morehairplease

Hi :

Thanks for you reply! I have heard so many people mention Mizani Rose H2O on the forums....could you tell me what's in it? tia

ChangedByAdmin8

I know the main ingredient is water (first thing listed, which is a good thing)!! I will the container tonight and send them to you. Thanks.