Hair Care for chin length bob...

Sincerely_Ciara

Hey Ladies!
I am getting my hair cut to chin length so that I can start off fresh. My ends are severely damaged and breaking, so I decided to get it over with one snip. Are there any ladies on here that grew out a bob before? Can you please give me some tips on how to take care of my hair in this style?

Thanks, Ciara

PrettyBrownEyes

Shampoo and condition weekly, you can mold it with a conditioning wrap/setting lotion and use those wrap strips to hold it down some so that it will be smooth. Sit under a warm dryer until dry or air dry. Curl/straighten it with either a good plug in curling iron or ceramic flat iron. Wrap at night or roll it or pin curl. Moisturize daily or as needed. This is what has worked for me. If you are good at wet rollersetting I would suggest that.

Desert Skye

PrettyBrownEyes said:
Shampoo and condition weekly, you can mold it with a conditioning wrap/setting lotion and use those wrap strips to hold it down some so that it will be smooth. Sit under a warm dryer until dry or air dry. Curl/straighten it with either a good plug in curling iron or ceramic flat iron. Wrap at night or roll it or pin curl. Moisturize daily or as needed. This is what has worked for me. If you are good at wet rollersetting I would suggest that.

I had a bob type haistyle you can see in my fokti but its growing now. My regime is the same as PrettyBrownEyes above.

blueabyss333

In between getting a blowout or my black stylist I did twistouts. But it's a matter of opinion for you. When I cut my hair, I had just joined the board and went cold turkey on using heat.

ETA: PBE, your bun is beautiful!

Ambitious1013

I am growing my hair from a short pixie cut and it is now an ear length bob. I am getting close to chin length. PrettyBrownEyes regime is very similar to mine. I shampoo and condition twice a week. It has really saved my color treated hair. The wrap strips are great when drying. My hair comes out so smooth!

gorgeoushair

To grow my short hair out I mostly co washed/deep conditioned(The Motions regimen) every four days. I would also wet wrap my hair and sit under the dryer. I kept it oiled and moisturized. This was a good regimen and made my hair look healthier. I just got lazy. Also protective styles are good.