Hair Care suggestions for Yoga

Relentless

Reinventing
Hi Everyone,

I want to practice Yoga on a regular basis. This type of Yoga is in a 95 degree hot room, so it makes me sweat in my head and hair. Are there any suggestions on products that I can use during the week before going to the hairdresser to keep my looking decent without a bunch of residue built up. I am open for any ideas.

Thanks a Lot

BBD 007

T

tgaski2

In the evenings, I practice flow yoga which can work up quite a sweat. I usually twist my hair into two big twists going straight back with some baby buttercreme from Curve salon. Once I'm out of the studio it doesn't take long to dry. When I'm ready to leave the house the next day I just untwist and fluff. HTH!

Isis

I practice yoga regularly but I would never exercise under uncomfortable conditions such as that kind of heat. :nono: It sounds unhealthy and would take away from the whole experience for me.

Perhaps fans can be of help?

SohoHair

I've done Bikram (hot) yoga in rotation with my regular practice of Ashtanga yoga, and I like it a lot, the added heat built up in the body as well as in the room results in a very purifying sweat. As far as my hair goes I just do wash and go's and pin them up with Good Hair Day hairpins. I then spritz my hair with a mix of water,jojoba oil and Aveda Elixir, finger comb a little and then pin it up again (my hair is always pinned up).

chayil0427

I think the best thing to do if you exercise regularly is just go ahead and wash your hair. It's not good to have a lot of sweat and then products on top of sweat in your hair.

I'd just wash my hair with some good hydrating products and perhaps let it air dry or dry on a warm instead of hot dryer. I think it's always better to wash because sweat can breed bacteria, mold, and fungus in your hair.

It's great that you do hot yoga though...i hear it's wonderful for detoxing and that the heat helps you ease into poses.

Chayil