Hair consultation about LAYERS

CarLiTa

A friend and I went to this little French Cafe earlier. Across the street, there was this salon called SOMA. It's sort of in the design district in Miami, on Biscayne and 69th street.

We went in there and asked about their services and price list. The lady said they dont have a price list b/c they change products from time to time, so the prices vary. Right now, it seems that basically all the products they were using were Paul Mitchell. Seems very professional in there.

So, i asked about layers and stuff, and she said that one of the stylists would consult my hair and give me advice on it. They sent us to this black stylist, but I wasn't worried at all. She took my ponytail down, and I told her that I wanted the short layer to be at about shoulder length or so.
she was like "I assume you want to keep most of the over length, right?" I was like "yes, I do" :grin: well i've had bad experiences with black hairstylists before, and when she said that i was like :shocked: "SHE'S A KEEPER!" i immediately thought of m LHCF sista's :lol:

She said that the ends of the top layer of my hair seemed a bit thin and damaged :( and she showed me up to where she would cut so that the layers are noticeable and noticeably FULL ;)
I was so happy that she was giving me great advice and such, that I told her that I don't mind if she takes an inch off the overall length. She said yes, that would be good. An inch trim would improve the appearance of my hair, make it look thick and full.
The cut only is $40.

I'm going to do it by graduation. So techincally, I wont reach my goal of 27" hair in May 2006. I probably will be around 24" or 25".... hopefully 25" :)

So, i'm basically on a hair growing mania... I'm actually quite happy with the length of my hair right now. So, even though i'm always wishing for my growth when I see a waistlength gal:lol: I don't mind getting the cute cut.

I'm going to have to reset my goals for the rest of the year;)

Last edited:

Divine Inspiration

Very good, hair twin! I'm thinking of getting layer too. They really add movement and dimension to the hair...and they look fabulous on BSL hair. :yep:

I'm gonna relax my hair next week, and depending on what it looks like, I may get a cut in the next month or so. If I decide I want more length first, then I'll get one after my next relaxer, whenever that is. :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you had a good experience. Be on your guard, though. You know the effect scissors have once they get in the stylist's hand. :naugty:

Let me know how it goes...and you KNOW I wanna see pics! :D

CarLiTa

thanks DI!

yes, i will watch out, watch her like a hawk to see what she's doing, how much she's cutting off, etc.

i think my next relaxer will be in may, just in time for our annual band banquet and graduation. So i probably will do it then.

God forbig IF i chicken out :look:, i will do it by my birthday in JULY definitely, so that when i head off to college, my hair will be the bomb! :grin:

and OF COURSE, i will have pictures!!!