Hair discovery AHA moment.

sassy44a

Happy Friday! I'm currently transitioning out of my relaxer and have two inches of natural hair. This week I discovered how to keep my hair moisturized! After experimenting for months and continuing to have dry, brittle hair this is a great feeling!

My nightly routine is the LOC method- I spray small sections of my scalp, edges and hair (including the ends) with water, massage with Jamaican black castor oil and apply Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose conditioner. Then I put on a shower cap and let the steam moisturize my hair as I'm showering.

Has anyone else had an AHA moment like this? I'm pretty much done with looking for hair products now that my hair is happy. Thanks for reading!

Great idea ,i often steam after i moisturize my hair ,it works very well in making my hair soft and hydrated.

Yep,I must use a conditioning rinse after I shampoo & after my Dc..Keeps my hair tangle free.

When I moisturize use water based spray,cream moisturizer,butter & little Ceramide oil to seal...

My hair/scalp does not like cold water rinse..Nope.

Keep edges oiled..Daily.

Leave it alone..lol..

*If my hair matts-Put little oil & moisturizing con,turn hot water on in bathroom & the steam,oil,con makes the matted hair untangle..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
MixedGirl can you give us the details?

Used to use a blow dryer and a big round brush which was great, but didn't get my roots well recently I bought a nicky clarke hair styler and it has really sped up my drying time and my hair ends up better. But, its important to note that I don't like to have bone straight hair so if I wanted that i would need to lightly flat iron. Instead I just heatlessly curl my hair :)

The blow dry styler I have is similar to this. I use the biggest round brush on detangled semi dry hair

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21VJEX3HZAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My AHA moment was when I released that I could do and grow my hair myself without relying(sp) on a hair dresser. Especially when it came to relaxing. I always thought that you HAD to go to a salon to properly get your hair relaxed. And after years of burns and scabs, I finally said enough and started putting in my own texturizers. I figured if I'm gonna get burned & scabbed it mines well be from me and not someone I paid over 100 bucks. BTW.. since doing my own texturizers, I haven't burned or scabbed since:)

Back