Hair dressers in NYC for relaxer???

Carmelella

S there any good hair dressers in NYC (Manhattan, BK, Queens) that can do a relaxer without melting the rest of my hair? Any that listen and don't get caught up on the phone while applying it?

I've been doing my own for a while but I'm tired of the process.

hair4romheaven

Only know of one in the Bronx. Yaniras on University Ave. Bests stylist ever! She dust end yes dust!! She calls it cleaning your ends. LOL She stretched my relaxers & texlaxed me before I knew the "term".
Go to Yanira she and the rest of them has LOTS f customers and it can be a all day thing if you go on fri & sat. Girls be out there with a list @ 7a.m Oh how I miss NY. :)
Mami is good too.

Carmelella

hair4romheaven said:
Only know of one in the Bronx. Yaniras on University Ave. Bests stylist ever! She dust end yes dust!! She calls it cleaning your ends. LOL She stretched my relaxers & texlaxed me before I knew the "term".
Go to Yanira she and the rest of them has LOTS f customers and it can be a all day thing if you go on fri & sat. Girls be out there with a list @ 7a.m Oh how I miss NY. :)
Mami is good too.

Thanks for the suggestion!! I'm not too far from there so I'll look into them for my next or next next relaxer :D. Do you remember on average how much they cost?

Rnjones

I know you said NYC area but in White Plains there is Swang, Inc. not far from BX. She's into hair health and does a consult and everythang

Carmelella

Rnjones said:
I know you said NYC area but in White Plains there is Swang, Inc. not far from BX. She's into hair health and does a consult and everythang

Thanks! Since I would only be going every couple months I wouldnt mind the little trip :)

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I know of one here in the parkchester/east tremont area. She is black her name is Nicki. She texlaxed me one time because I told her I wanted texture still in my hair. She is a one women show so I used to go to her during the week.

This lady on university sounds good too. I'm just so scared of Dominicans now though.... But I am going to keep her in mind.

Sent from my Gramatically Incorrect iPhone