looking for a Good stylist in Northern California

kmbolina

I am going to be getting married in northern california/napa/sonoma, and am having the most difficult time finding a hair dresser with a good record for black hair. I have relaxed hair and recently had a major mishap/setback when 3 inches were unknowingly chopped at a nyc domincan salon (will post more later on this). needless to say I was super pissed and am extremely weary of salons. Compounding matters I live in NYC so i don't know anything about cali and hair dressers. If you know of any good salons/stylist in napa/sonoma /san francisco/oakland area PLEASE let me know!!!... thank you

prettypithy

I am going to be getting married in northern california/napa/sonoma, and am having the most difficult time finding a hair dresser with a good record for black hair. I have relaxed hair and recently had a major mishap/setback when 3 inches were unknowingly chopped at a nyc domincan salon (will post more later on this). needless to say I was super pissed and am extremely weary of salons. Compounding matters I live in NYC so i don't know anything about cali and hair dressers. If you know of any good salons/stylist in napa/sonoma /san francisco/oakland area PLEASE let me know!!!... thank you

If you are willing to go to SF, I cannot recommend my stylist enough! Her name is Asha Murphy and she is at Winfred's Salon. I go to her for presses, trims and styling. I'm natural and my hair reverts every time, no heat damage--she does not burn the life out of it. Moreover, my hair has thrived since going to her. I will never use another stylist. If she moves, I will go fully DIY. When I say trim, she trims, she doesn't cut. She even shows me how much she intends to take off before hand and I can tell her more or less and she will actually listen.

Sign of a good stylist, she has beautiful hair. It has been thick, full, BSL the whole time I have known her. She actually just cut it into an asymmetrical bob, still very healthy and cute style.

She does relaxers for my sister and friend, they are both BSL/MBL. She uses Affirm, I believe. GO SEE HER! Tell her Olivia sent you, lol.