Hair-friendly winterwear?

jamaicanadian

I have been experiencing breakage in my nape area and I think it has something to do with the collar of my wool coat brushing against my nape frequently. I think a big scarf can remedy it, but I was wondering what kind of hair-friendly materials are your scarfs made of (something that keeps you warm but doesn't create to much friction in the nape area). I also wanted get a sense of how many of you wore winter hats to shield your hair from the cold and if so, are the hats lined with silk or satin as other fabrics could dry out the hair.

AfroKink

Same thing happened to me in October. So I put some braids in. Now my sweaters and jackets don't rub against my nape. I'm almost always in braids for the winter for this very reason. From the time I was little, my air didn't get along with winter attire. I don't think my hair was made for this climate :nono:

Lys

Evazhair

I wear slouchy berets with a silk scarf underneath. I moisturize my nape/edges before I go out. I have been using kids organics shea butter lotion or hollywood beauty olive cream. I am not experiencing the dryness I usually do at this time of year. HTH