Hair Gel Works Well on Hot Days/Hair Testimony

CaramelKiss

Okay, yesterday, I posted a thread about looking for products on keeping hair moisturized during hot summer days. I think alcohol free gel is probably the best thing and/or aloe vera gel. Unfortunately, I didn't have any, I only had regular hair gel, but I diluted it with water before applying it to my conditioned hair, went out in the sun and my curls held up well and my hair was still soft. I didn't have to spritz at all nor did my hair have any cruchiness. The temperature yesterday was 88F/31C.

Now, I don't wear protective styles other than a scarf because my hair is too short to pull it into a bun and I don't like pulling my hair into tight ponytails when my hair is this short. I forgot to mention, I removed an additional 1-3 inches yesterday and last week, I had removed 6 inches of my hair. So I would say roughly 90% of my hair is natural now. Looks like I will be completely natural way before my anticipated Dec./January deadline.

Anyhow, the result was sleek looking hair with well defined curls.

Now I know gel has a tendancy to build up on hair real fast, but in my case since I condition wash my hair everyday, so I don't anticipate having this problem.

I know this sounds vain, but I am so in love with my curls now. It's terrible how I struggled to keep my hair straight and I come from a culture where curly hair is considered almost grotessque. For the first time in my life, I don't feel the need to be confined to heat as the only means to keep my hair looking good. Í am no longer enslaved to my curling iron and hair dryer. I thank God for helping. I mean really, He was looking out for me. I wasn't even even looking for a hair site when I found LHCF, I was looking for a hair product. It's amazing how these little accidents can turn into something which completely turns your life around. I finally feel, I can now exhale!!!!

And not say, that I don't like straight looks, I still do and once in a while I will sport it, but not to the extent of hurting my hair.

I also want to mention that at the length that my hair is right now, it is easier to condition wash everyday, and I can easily see myself doing this well into the winter.

While I do want long hair, the health of my hair comes first and also seeing my curls for the first time in years has more than compensated for the lack of length I have right now. And so once again, God has been good!!! Thank You Jesus!!

Just wanted to share!!

CaramelKiss

I also want to add, that for u short haired girls who are fretting over your hair. Don't worry so much about it and balance it with other things. I think short hair can be extremely sexy. Nothing like soft, sexy hair with shiny lips, smoky eyes, a hint of cheek color, whatever rocks your boat. Short hair can be so glam!!! Just find the right tools and accessories and of course, sport the right attitude!! Don't hide under your hair, show it off!!

inthepink

CaramelKiss,

I'm glad you figured out something to work for you! Also, the gel I use has a sunscreen in it and no alcohol! So, you can get two things in one. Good luck. It doesn't sound vain to say you love your curls. You're saying you love something that was naturally given to you! I'm loving my new growth, too!

Peachtree

Girl, I was touched reading ur post. To reiterate Hairlove, there is absolutely nothing wrong with luving ur hair. I'm luving mine also

Thanks for reminding me of the "aloe vera gel"... I just keep forgetting to pick up some

CaramelKiss

Datjerseydyme, Hairlove and Peachtree, I'm sorry I'm late with this (been tied up with classes), but thank u for your wonderful support!!

This is a hard, but exciting journey for me, and it's nice to know that I'm not alone!!!

MWilson569

I use a protein alcohol free gel everyday called eco-styler...and spray a little oil sheen on it when im finished...I LOVE it....