Hair Grease

DMJ's Mom

I know this subject has probably been beaten to a pulp in this forum but my search isn't working are there any naturals that still use grease? A while ago I used blue magic coconut oil formula (not on my scalp) and my hair was just as soft and thick as without it. The past week or 2 using the same products i've been using (ORS Olive oil lotion and Africa's best ultimate herbal oil) my hair has seemed so much drier and rough even when wet. I'm thinking about going back to using the grease at least at least for the summer. Do you think that it could be just the summer heat and my hair trying to tell me it needs something heavier or could it be something? I haven't changed my reggie or the products I use.

Irresistible

I know this subject has probably been beaten to a pulp in this forum but my search isn't working are there any naturals that still use grease? A while ago I used blue magic coconut oil formula (not on my scalp) and my hair was just as soft and thick as without it. The past week or 2 using the same products i've been using (ORS Olive oil lotion and Africa's best ultimate herbal oil) my hair has seemed so much drier and rough even when wet. I'm thinking about going back to using the grease at least at least for the summer. Do you think that it could be just the summer heat and my hair trying to tell me it needs something heavier or could it be something? I haven't changed my reggie or the products I use.
Grease isnt that bad, I MEAN it did get us all by for a long time :yep:

if it works for you do it, no explanations needed. But have you tried a heavier butter?
Thats my Grease fix! :yep: and I guess its much better for your hair/scalp or whatever

I would use some grease again if it was workin!

DMJ's Mom

Butters don't agree with my hair. I've tried 4 seperate ones and they all make my hair feel like a greasy mess so I chalked it up to a loss. Guess its back to the grease for me! Thanks

Irresistible

Butters don't agree with my hair. I've tried 4 seperate ones and they all make my hair feel like a greasy mess so I chalked it up to a loss. Guess its back to the grease for me! Thanks

Ive heard others say the same things about my beloved butters :kick:

haha just playin, I think they take some getting used to from grease, they are vastly different and some will never cross over and its all good, whatever works

I had a hard time leaving my grease!

crumbling_images

I think hair grease is ok. I used to grease up my hair with Blue Magik before going swimming and my hair never had issues. It was soft, had a nice sheen, and felt healhty. I can't explain it. I've experimented with 'natural hair greases" with good results. See below.
My Honey Child Natural Hair Products has a natural hair grease called

Sophia's Old Fashioned Hair Grease

The Sophia's Old Fashioned Hair Grease is a hair grease, that can be used on natural and pressed hair. Lightly peach scented. Sometimes a girl just gotta have some hair grease . Don't say UGG! , you all know we was raised on grease. Blue Magic, the green colored grease was my momma's thing . Well this was inspired by the old days, but minus the petroleum , with all natural ingredients . Momma would be proud. Love you Maggi.

Sunflower Butter, Raw Honey, Rosemary oil , Olive Oil, Fruit Enzymes, and Fresh Peach oil.

I've tried this product and it works wonders on my loose type 4ab hair.

ctosha

I use natural hair grease as oppose to the stuff that has petroleum in it. I now use Oyin handmade burnt sugar its a natural hair grease without the petroleum it leaves my hair moisturized and soft, and on my scalp i use natures blessings hair grease its very light and soaks right into my scalp. Im natural 4ab loose hair which is very thick and i need heavy stuff to keep my hair moisturized. But if you don't like ordering online then what I used to use was always indian hemp hair grease that did my hair good but I just opted to go with something without petroleum.

Oyinhandmade.com

chebaby

im nine months post relaxer and i loooooooveeeeee blue magic coconut hair grease. its amazing and it smells good too.

justNikki

I will use some coconut oil (the grease from walgreens) from time to time for twists or slicking my hair back. I prefer real unrefined coconut oil and jojoba oil for leave-ins though.

natstar

I used to LOVE using proline coconut oil grease but I started breaking out on my forehead so I had to stop. I'm still eyeing indian hemp for my hair. I like grease but I think you have to be careful and diligent about keeping pillowcases clean and hair clarified and off the face to prevent breakouts and buildup.

caramelma

I luv me some blue magic coconut oil hair grease, I even mix it with MTG and castor oil for my edges and scalp this is one of my staples and the mixture is so light and gives me just enough moisture for my dry hair and i'm loving it.:yep:

Aggie

I still use the sulfur 8 grease in my MN mix on my scalp and it's working very well for me. My sister gets great results from Ginseng Miracle super gro herbal grease.