Hair Growth Pictures

NuMe2004

Hey everyone! I have updated pics of my hair growth journey. The last time I posted my pics I used a yahoo website that kept shutting down, so this time I followed everyone else here and created a fotki album. The link is as follows:

http://public.fotki.com/hair2004/

I've been transitioning since February of last year. I've noticed that since I've been airdrying my hair and stopped relaxing it, it now looks course when I blow dry it. On the pic my hair is blow dried / straightened, but it's not silky. I'm going to take another picture when my hair is simply air dried so you guys can see how much silkier it looks when dried naturally. Does anyone else find this to be true for their hair?

Avin'sMom2010

VERY NICE, THICK HAIR!! I never blow dry my hair any more, I too noticed the difference between blowdrying and airdrying in my own hair, airdrying may take a bit longer but it's WORTH IT!!

THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR PHOTOS

Isis

Your hair is very beautiful and thick! I too airdry and like Stephypoo stated, it's worth all that time it takes to dry! I haven't touched a blowdryer since I threw mine away last July so I don't even know what my hair looks like now when blowdried or straightened. But I remember what it used to look like and the increased shedding I used to have from that heat so I'm really glad to be airdrying.
Thank you for sharing your pictures!

DahomeyAmazon

Wow, I would have never known you were a year into transitioning.
Your hair looks very shiny, thick, and is a nice length. Thank you for letting us view the pics.

dannie

Dang girl. You got enough hair for Earth, Wind and Fire! Looking very nice and a lot of shine. Thanks for sharing!!

NuMe2004

Thanks for your comments guys! I really appreciate the support. I think I'll take your advice and leave the blow dryers alone!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Ooooo!
It's so thick and pretty.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else find this to be true for their hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. The last time I blow dried my hair it looked like a deep fried mess.
I blow dry and flat iron my hair every few months to trim it and see how much it has grown. But this time my hair kept getting poofier and poofier so I poo'd/cond again and left it alone. Detangling, plaiting and air drying takes sooooo long.

NuMe2004

You all are too kind! Thanks again for your comments and support. To Sassygirl125: You had me crackin' up when you said that your hair looked like "a deep fried mess" the last time you blow dried it. I hear what you're sayin!