Hair I'm considering for my weave...Opinions Please

RabiaElaine

So I went to one beauty supply store by my job today to check out the hair that they have on hand. I know BSS hair isn't always the best...but I want to try my first self weave using cheaper hair before buying the more expensive stuff.

Anyway this BSS really had only three common brands (there were a few other really cheap brands that I've never heard of):

Milky Way: Which I've used once before a couple of years ago. From what I remember it sheds a lot. I don't think it tangles very much, but I remember constantly having to pick hair off of my clothes. The texture was the best in comparison to the other 2 brands to match my 4a/b relaxed/texlaxed hair. It was the most coarse.

Sensationell New Yaki: This texture was the silkiest of the three. I've never used it before.

Outre Yaki (not remi): This texture was in between the other 2 textures.

Can you give me some opinions on these brands and any other BSS brands that you would recommend. I plan to look for the Remi versions of these brands but I probably have to go up to Harlem to find them.

HoneyDew

Milkyway and Outre Remy are better than the regular but not too silky like some of the other remy hair.

I say get the remy so that you won't have to deal with so much shedding. The others will piss you off after you wash them one good time.

glamazon386

Sensationnel tangles and sheds like crazy. I would go with the Outre. It holds up pretty good for me. I'm not sure about the milky way. I didn't use it because it didn't match my hair. But if you said the Milky Way matches your hair the best, that might be your best bet. All hair is going to shed to some degree.

RabiaElaine

bmoreflyygirl said:
Sensationnel tangles and sheds like crazy. I would go with the Outre. It holds up pretty good for me. I'm not sure about the milky way. I didn't use it because it didn't match my hair. But if you said the Milky Way matches your hair the best, that might be your best bet. All hair is going to shed to some degree.

I'm thinking about going with the milky way and sealing the weft prior to putting it in with one of those fabric anti-fray sealers. I heard that applying that stuff properly can help to eliminate most shedding issues. It has more texture to it that the other three.

Honeydew...I would love to try the remi versions...I'm going to be checking out some BSSs in Harlem, hopefully I can find it there.

The only thing is that I'm trying to get the thinnest weft that I can find for BSS hair.

RabiaElaine

Honeydew...I remember seeing in some thread (can't find it now) that you thought the Janet King Yaki matched your texture perfectly. How do you feel about other aspects of this hair (shedding, tangling, freedom movement etc.)? I found it online...trying to find it in a store.

Also is there any BSS hair that has a thin weft? (I know the remy versions do for Outre...but I still haven't found the yaki texture only the silky straight)

HoneyDew

RabiaElaine said:
Honeydew...I remember seeing in some thread (can't find it now) that you thought the Janet King Yaki matched your texture perfectly. How do you feel about other aspects of this hair (shedding, tangling, freedom movement etc.)? I found it online...trying to find it in a store.

Also is there any BSS hair that has a thin weft? (I know the remy versions do for Outre...but I still haven't found the yaki texture only the silky straight)

Yes, i really did like the Janet King Yaki. It matched very well.

The weft was not micro thin, but it was okay. I used this to make my clip ins with.

I did not wear the weave in that longs, but it did not shed and tangle like Sensationnal does.

Over all i was happy.

RabiaElaine

HoneyDew said:
Yes, i really did like the Janet King Yaki. It matched very well.

The weft was not micro thin, but it was okay. I used this to make my clip ins with.

I did not wear the weave in that longs, but it did not shed and tangle like Sensationnal does.

Over all i was happy.

Great I might go with this. I really need a coarse textured BSS brand, I'm transitioning to texlaxed so I have a lot of texture to my hair right now. I can't stand the silky straight hair which is why I've been shying away from the remy hair...I haven't found any with texture. I am also considering the his and her that you like (I sent you a pm), but I'll probably get that after I do my weave or 2 so I don't waste my money.

I really want to find it in a BSS though as opposed to ordering it online...I have a thing about touching and seeing a product before I purchase (I'm not a big online shopper consequently).

RabiaElaine

I found a picture online that shows a pretty good shot of the Janet King Yaki and it does look like it has texture to it. Looks like this is the best bet for me in terms of BSS hair especially since it doesn't tangle or shed as much as others.

http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID5108306P3522129-Weaving-Hair/Weaving-Human-Hair/King-Yaky-Weaving-12-in-Basic-Human-Hair-Extensions.aspx

1QTPie

Elder Sim
I was going to suggest if you live in a big city to go somewhere else. I'm not a weave wearer but all my friends are who aren't natchul and they all have EXCEPTIONAL weaves. Now I don't know yur budget, but have you thought about ordering hair online??

Nice & Wavy

RabiaElaine said:
I found a picture online that shows a pretty good shot of the Janet King Yaki and it does look like it has texture to it. Looks like this is the best bet for me in terms of BSS hair especially since it doesn't tangle or shed as much as others.

http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID5108306P3522129-Weaving-Hair/Weaving-Human-Hair/King-Yaky-Weaving-12-in-Basic-Human-Hair-Extensions.aspx

This is the same brand that I just purchased for my homemade clip-in extensions, but I purchased the wet & wavy and brushed it out to get out some of the deep waves. It matches my hair perfectly! It only shed very little and definately tangle-free!!!

RabiaElaine

Nice & Wavy said:
This is the same brand that I just purchased for my homemade clip-in extensions, but I purchased the wet & wavy and brushed it out to get out some of the deep waves. It matches my hair perfectly! It only shed very little and definately tangle-free!!!

Thanks for letting me know. Good job on your homemade clip-ins btw...we are so inventive and self-reliant here!

asummertyme

RabiaElaine said:
Yes I can. I can go during lunch:))

try this hair store called monas...across the street from mcdonalds, the have a wide variety of hair...try a brand called hQ...i never used it , but i met sdomeone who does and i loved the way it looked and, it lasts so she said...mona's also sells remi...thats where i buy my strait hair from..

RabiaElaine

asummertyme said:
try this hair store called monas...across the street from mcdonalds, the have a wide variety of hair...try a brand called hQ...i never used it , but i met sdomeone who does and i loved the way it looked and, it lasts so she said...mona's also sells remi...thats where i buy my strait hair from..

My cousin was telling me about a hair store called monas in Queens on Jamaica Ave. That's where she buys hair from.

I remember you posting in an earlier thread about that HQ brand. I may go and check it out today. I'm in midtown what train do I take into brooklyn and what stop to get to monas. Is it on Flatbush ave directly?

Thanks

Rabia

RabiaElaine

asummertyme said:

I just looked them up online and called. They said they closed the brooklyn store and now are in harlem at 125th street. They said they don't carry HQ anymore and only carry Mona hair that they make themselves. I'm going to go up there anyway and check out the other stores in the area.