Hair Length -- I thought this was very interesting

SherryLove

I thought I would share something with you ladies that came up as my stylist was measuring the length of my hair the other day......

She stated that two people could have the same amount of hair(in inches that is)and it could fall at different lengths on them according to their height, body, and neck proportions. For example, 32 inches of hair would probably fall to the waist (if not below) of a woman who stands 5 ft tall....But it would probably only fall to the mid back section of a woman who stands 5ft 6in tall with a long neck.

Then I thought this could be the reason why a lot of our hair seemed to be longer when we were younger because we were shorter......

SherryLove

pebbles

Hi SherryLove,

I agree with what your hairdresser has to say. It makes sense to me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SherryLove

It really does, Pebbles.....

But you know how you just do not think of things in a certain way......... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SherryLove

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
But you know how you just do not think of things in a certain way......... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah girl, I know... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kitkat

Hi Sherrylove! That makes sense to me, too. BTW, your hair is absolutely gorgeous!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Armyqt

Ya Know...that has occurred to me. I was analyzying this theory just the other day. Cause for the life of me I'can't figure out why its taking my hair so long to reach brastrap. Well, I'm 5'9 with a long neck. So I guess that explains it. brastrap for me is 24in and another 7inches to waist, making it 31in for me to achieve waist length hair. My Hair is currently at 21 in. I've got a looong way to go. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SherryLove

Armyqt---21 inches is excellent hair length for your height. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

SherryLove

G

Yes..

In the mall yesterday day a saw a little girl (she look 5) had bra strap lenght hair and SHE DON'T EVEN WEAR A BRA YET .!!!

She was the cutest little thing. But your right as she grows taller it'll probably be shoulder lenghth.

Her mom's hair looked really, really rough and I was like oh lord this woman is gonna mess up this child's hair.

Allandra

Mindymouse said:
In the mall yesterday day a saw a little girl (she look 5) had bra strap lenght hair and SHE DON'T EVEN WEAR A BRA YET!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Honi

There is no board.
Awwww dang. I'm just about 2 inches past bra strap now. At 5'6 I guess I'll have to cut mah feet off at the ankles to be waist length! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ennyaa

Yeah I agree with this. I'm 5'10". Long neck, long torso. I mean ordinarily it's nice to be tall, but when it comes to reaching hair goals... blah. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

ngaa

Mindymouse said:
Her mom's hair looked really, really rough and I was like oh lord this woman is gonna mess up this child's hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

lets jus hope that this lady was some1 else who was takin care of the kid and aint aloowed nowhere near the kids hair /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Boadicea

Interesting. My childhood almost thigh-length hair would probably be about tailbone length now. I was a horrbily short child, and I'm 5'1.4" now. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

skegeesmb

I'm 5'6" and waist length is 28.5" for me. Since I'm almost 17 inches from hairline to ends, it would take me hmm, about 15 months to hit that length. Well I guess that's better than the two years I originally thought.

pooh123

Sherrylove I was just thinking about this topic the other day! I'm almost 5'7 and my hair is about an inch shorter than Armyqt's hair. I have a long torso so it will take me a while to get to brastrap length.

hada

What she said is correct,

I am 5'8" and 32 inches would be slightly below waist length for me. 30" would be waist length exactly. I have along neck and long torso.

hada