I made it to Shoulder Length!!! YAY!!

Amarech

After months of trimming and set backs, I have finally made it to shoulder length!

This is really a turning point for me because its a length that I havent' been since 2002. Its always been easy for me to get to neck length. I cut my hair so many times since 2004 that just being neck length was an accomplishment. But I knew I always wanted to get back to shoulder length and longer. My longest length , not counting childhood (when it was all down my back), was that ubiquitous length between APL and shoulder length: Collar bone. That was soo nice!!!

Right now I'm basking in the joy of reaching a major goal. I love feeling my hair brush over my shoulders and fall across my neck!!! I missed it being this long!!! My next goal is APL which I should reach by December if I don't do anything stupid. Collar bone length to me is not that big a deal to make it a major milestone. By that time, IMO, you're just a couple of inches away from APL anyway.

Just wanted to share my joy with my LHCF sistas!

OT: I used lye relaxer for the first time yesterday and the results were great!!

seraphinelle

I"m still waiting patiently for your pictures!! LOL
Congrats though!!
I hope to reach that point by May/June

Amarech

I"m still waiting patiently for your pictures!! LOL
Congrats though!!
I hope to reach that point by May/June
You won't have to wait too much longer. 2 weeks at the most. I'll be getting a camera next week and taking some pics!! You can make it though. May/June is only 2-3 months away. It'll be here before you know it! :)

Amarech

Thank you all! That's what I love about LHCF: There's always plenty of luv and encouragement to go around no matter how "long" or "short" the goal!!:D

MrsBKJ

YAY!!!! its a great feeling to finally get to a point that was so elusive!
congrats...can't wait to see the pics!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Meeting a goal is such a wonderful feeling, congratulations!

Me2

Congratulations! Serenity Breeze is right about the excitement in your words. It's like standing face to face talking to you.