Hair Milk By Karens body beautiful.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I love her products. The Hair Milk is great, especially during the warmer seasons.

ETA: I wish she would put the Hair Butter and Hair Cream on sale more often :(.

Last edited:

redecouvert

I have been hooked to the hair milk since July 07 and always make sure not to run out.
It is a great product and has truly changed my hair!!
I really loove all of her products
the customer service is amazing

at the beginning, i used to get scented products, now i just got my faves scents in body oils and get everything unscented. I often add essentials oils

Kay.Dee

And scents that you'd guys like to recommend
Last time I bought Lavendar Vanilla and I enjoyed it
I like my cocolime haircream so I'll probably buy a milk in that scent
Any others?

Last edited:

empressri

egyptian musk, chamomile sage, lavender vanilla....i NEED those scents!!!! oh and the cranberry cocktail. i gave my bff a bottle of the cranberry oil for her scalp....i was very generous lol

Forever in Bloom

egyptian musk, chamomile sage, lavender vanilla....i NEED those scents!!!! oh and the cranberry cocktail. i gave my bff a bottle of the cranberry oil for her scalp....i was very generous lol

Dang...I should have gotten the cranberry cocktail. Maybe I'll order some more hair milk in that scent :look: Anybody want to loan me $50? I'm good for it! :yep: :giggle:

Eisani

Dang...I should have gotten the cranberry cocktail. Maybe I'll order some more hair milk in that scent :look: Anybody want to loan me $50? I'm good for it! :yep: :giggle:
I was hoping Empressri would feel generous and send me a KBB gift for HER b-day :lachen::look:. Kidding. Sorta...:giggle:

I'm going to see my fam in Queens Village around Valentine's Day and I already told them I needed to hit Brooklyn for a couple thangs...

Forever in Bloom

I was hoping Empressri would feel generous and send me a KBB gift for HER b-day :lachen::look:. Kidding. Sorta...:giggle:

I'm going to see my fam in Queens Village around Valentine's Day and I already told them I needed to hit Brooklyn for a couple thangs...

Oh, I'm jealous. You're so lucky :drunk: I got family all over the place, except New York. Grrr... Maybe I should move there. Hmmm :rolleyes:

naturalmanenyc

I stopped by tonight and finally bought hair milk (unscented), hair nectar (White Tea) and hair mask. The Egyptian Musk smells great (very light scent) but was not available in the 8 oz hair milk. The sale is what drew me in since I really have spent too much money on hair products lately - especially after buying WEN Fig (which I love).

Although the SuperSale code worked on the website after I added the 3 items to my cart (total was over $50), when I went into the store (I live in the area) to purchase, I was told that I still needed to buy $50 worth of product in addition to the $28.50 in product. The code was invalid when $49 or less was in the cart on the website.

The clerk called Karen (she was not in the store at the time); she came into the store and of course honored the website SuperSale pricing - $28.50 for all 3 products. It seems that the SuperSale was to be buy $50 in product to get all additional sale items for 50% off.

A_Christian

Are any of the products sold in stores in other states or is there only a store in New York ? I really want to try this line but I'd prefer to buy products in person rather than online if possible.

tkj25

i love kbb products!:grin: i met her a couple years ago in her store in brooklyn. she is a sweetie:)

naturalmanenyc

No, as far as I know the only place to buy is on-line or in the Brooklyn store. Karen is opening up a spa on site as well - mani's/pedi's & maybe other things.

Are any of the products sold in stores in other states or is there only a store in New York ? I really want to try this line but I'd prefer to buy products in person rather than online if possible.

empressri

lol ill tell you the censored version of what dude told the little boy in bad santa..."poop in one hand, wish in another and see which fills up faster" :lachen::lachen::lachen:

i keed, i keed!!! lol girl i sure did a ton of xmas shopping at karen's though, one stop gift shop i sure was happy!

Eisani

lol ill tell you the censored version of what dude told the little boy in bad santa..."poop in one hand, wish in another and see which fills up faster" :lachen::lachen::lachen:

i keed, i keed!!! lol girl i sure did a ton of xmas shopping at karen's though, one stop gift shop i sure was happy!
:lachen: I already know! Dd asked me for some of my shea butter last night and I just had a blank stare. I only bought 5 lbs, I don't have any to spare :look: :giggle: I can't wait to walk into the brick and mortar KBB store, I'm liable to faint :thud:.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Based off reviews, those are the three scents I picked. I hope I like them. I'm very scent sensitive.

Eisani

Based off reviews, those are the three scents I picked. I hope I like them. I'm very scent sensitive.
Make sure you keep us updated :grin:. I got the oil in lavendar vanilla this time and I don't really care for it...something about it irks me. Good thing it was free.

Britt

Make sure you keep us updated :grin:. I got the oil in lavendar vanilla this time and I don't really care for it...something about it irks me. Good thing it was free.

Is it the scent that bothers you or the oil itself?
I ordered the oil and should be getting it tmrw. Is it really heavy or something? :sad:

Eisani

Is it the scent that bothers you or the oil itself?
I ordered the oil and should be getting it tmrw. Is it really heavy or something? :sad:
It's this particular scent. I have to oil in other fragrances and love it, just like I have the hair butter in lavendar vanilla and like it. There's just something about the oil in this fragrance that bugs me. I can't put my finger on it...

Britt

It's this particular scent. I have to oil in other fragrances and love it, just like I have the hair butter in lavendar vanilla and like it. There's just something about the oil in this fragrance that bugs me. I can't put my finger on it...

Ohhh, I see what you're saying...
Maybe you can donate the oil to someone?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Will do:grin:. I'm really scared that I won't like a certain scent....I can't use it if I don't like the scent. I'm gonna go for the sample set for my first order.

I think i'm getting the oil in Egyptian Musk. So does the lavender vanilla smell like vanilla at all? I love vanilla scents.

Girl how you get it free!:grin:

Eisani

Will do:grin:. I'm really scared that I won't like a certain scent....I can't use it if I don't like the scent. I'm gonna go for the sample set for my first order.

I think i'm getting the oil in Egyptian Musk. So does the lavender vanilla smell like vanilla at all? I love vanilla scents.

Girl how you get it free!:grin:
It was one of her Friday specials; free hair oil in your choice of fragrance w/a $50 purchase. I didn't get any type of special hook up :laugh:

I like the Egyptian Musk. Every time I open it I say "Nights over Egypt!" I don't know why, but I have a song for damn near everything...anyway, as far as the lavendar vanilla, I smell vanilla in it, but it's too floral or something for me. I guess I expected it to be more mellow. Ioknow. Lemme smell it again when I get home and try to be more specific...

Eisani

Okay, I'm back. After smelling it again, like I said before, I can smell vanilla but I figured out why it irks me: it smells like air freshener, Glade or Febreeze or somethin... Me no likey.

empressri

It was one of her Friday specials; free hair oil in your choice of fragrance w/a $50 purchase. I didn't get any type of special hook up :laugh:

I like the Egyptian Musk. Every time I open it I say "Nights over Egypt!" I don't know why, but I have a song for damn near everything...anyway, as far as the lavendar vanilla, I smell vanilla in it, but it's too floral or something for me. I guess I expected it to be more mellow. Ioknow. Lemme smell it again when I get home and try to be more specific...

the men with the white truck have a nice jacket with connected sleeves and shiny buckles for you to play with :grin:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I want to order some more items now, but I'm trying to wait till Friday to see what special she has. I'm hoping she has a special with the Hair Cream/Butter and Body Butters. I want to try the shampoo too, but I already have plenty of Chagrin Valley poo/soap bars and Elucence to poo with, that will last me a while. *sigh*

I have a Chamomile Sage Hair Butter, and wow the scent smells soooo good.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I hate the hair milk. It didn't moisturize my hair at all

Oh no! I'm sorry it didn't work for you. What I've realized is that the hair milk and hair cream are best used in the warmer (humid) months because they contain glycerin. Glycerin attracts moisture in the warmer/humid weather whereas in the colder weather, it pushes moisture out (for lack of a better word).

If I use the Hair Milk in the winter, I'd have to seal with a butter or oil. But in the warmer months, it works just lovely by itself. Maybe you could hold onto your bottle for a few more months and try it again when it gets warm. All may not be lost.

Eisani

I hate the hair milk. It didn't moisturize my hair at all

Oh no! I'm sorry it didn't work for you. What I've realized is that the hair milk and hair cream are best used in the warmer (humid) months because they contain glycerin. Glycerin attracts moisture in the warmer/humid weather whereas in the colder weather, it pushes moisture out (for lack of a better word).

If I use the Hair Milk in the winter, I'd have to seal with a butter or oil. But in the warmer months, it works just lovely by itself. Maybe you could hold onto your bottle for a few more months and try it again when it gets warm. All may not be lost.
^^I was just about to say the same thing. I don't like the hair milk in the winter at all.