HAIR STRENGTHENING BEFORE TWISTS WITH EXTENSIONS ?

HelpMyHair

I need to strengthen my hair before I get Twists with Extensions in 2 weeks can someone help me out and let me know What treatments I can do to my hair to strengthen it I'm willing to buy the products that strengthen hair just let me know wich ones work well and how often I should use them Ladies please help me out !!! I want my hair to be the strongest it can be when I get my Twists with Extensions in 2 weeks I'm going to dedicate these 2 weeks to strengthening my hair to get it to it's strongest form possible and I need your help, advice and product reccomendations Thank You All in advance and God Bless Ya !!!

I've had my two strand twists for almost a month and my hair is growing so fast, the only thing I can recommend for you is to make sure you deep condition, I usually walk around the house with conditioner in my hair for about two hours.

You have Twists with Extensions ? I was told that you can't deep condition with extensions in your hair cause it'll leave buildup in your Twists (is that true)? Please help me out Ladies I need your help, advice and product reccomendations !!!

I deep condition before the twists are done, the products I use are in my signature, I just started putting this together, I'll leave pictures of my twists on the site later.

This is from my notes (from the "hairlady")on How to Prepare For braids. This should be able to apply to you as well:
Preparation: Deep condition the hair a day before you get extensions. Deep condition your hair weekly anyways. First I deep Condition My hair for 40-60 minutes a week for 2 months with Le Kair's Cholesterol Plus strengthening and conditioning Cream. Then I apply kanekalon hair to my hair to make plaits, (takes 2-3 days, 6 hours a day to do) I keep them in for 2 months at a time www.crownandglory.com

Thanks :0) any more advice or product reccomendations are welcomed I need all the help I can get Ladies I want my hair to be the strongest it can be in 2 weeks !!!

I wear braids and weave and I deep condition them all the time.

Prior to Braiding
-I use ApHogee Treatment for Damaged Hair followedby the Balancing Moisturizer once a week for two weeks.
-I deep condition on the alternative shampoos with Ultra Black Hair COnditioner or something similar.

During Weave/Braid Time
-I tend to use thinner conditioners with weaves and braids, or I will add an oil (olive or jojoba or whatever else I have laying arond) to thin out the conditioner so it doesn't cause build up. I regularly use: Ultra Black Hair Conditioner, Nexxus Keraphix or Aphogee Keratin Reconstructor for protein if I need it. Other conditioners I use are: Creme of Nature Nourishing Conditioner, Tropical Degil COnditioner (mixed with oil) or Nexxus Humectress.

I don't touch my braids/weave too much while the conditioner is processing, nor do I do much to it until the hair is completely dry, to keep the hair from slipping out.

Look at the various Profectiv products at your local beauty supply store. They have several strengthening, anti-breakage, and damage-free products. I use Profectiv oil sheen spray. I want to get some of their other products but I dont have the money for them right now!

CHECK OUT THE PRODUCTS BY CLICKING HERE!!!

I use African gold braid spray and seal in the moisture with shea butter/coconut oil combo once a day when I'm in braids. Sometimes I'll just use the braid spray if my hair starts to feel greasy. I wash once a week with diluted shampoo and condition with a thinned out conditioner, avoiding the roots.

I just tried Aphogee and I think it works very well for strengthening hair. I'm going to use it before braiding from now on.

btw I thought profectiv products were too greasy too until I tried them on damp hair....they really are great...at least I think so..:)

Back