Hair Survey for the Bored

I'm bored...and quite nosey :lol: . So if you're bored and have some time on your hands how about you fill out this survey?

Current Hair Length:
Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural?:
Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length):
Current Hair Color:
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself):
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to):
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above):
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal):
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal:
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?):
Any crazy hair story:
One thing you LOVE about your hair:
Who truly screwed your hair up?:
Three reasons for wanting long hair (other than wanting to show that black women can have long hair, this is somewhat a goal for all of us):

well I guess that's the end...hope someone answers at least some of these... :p

Current Hair Length: Layered Shoulder/Neck/Chin
Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural?: Relaxed
Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length): blunt cut bob
Current Hair Color: Dark brown w/ slight cherry rinse
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): The darkest, deepest shade of Raven Black
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): MidBack
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above): Waist
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): Wavy w/ no bangs, I have a somewhat prominent forehead and have ALWAYS worn a side bang with every style; however, once I reach my goal I will give myself a treat and show that forehead w/ pride.
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: high ponytail, super long ponytails are so sexy
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): I haven't worn a tank top since I was very young, so I would wear a white tanktop with ponytail that is hanging over one shoulder w/ jeans, very classic. I am a dork.
Any crazy hair story: In Highschool our mascot was a Native American Chief, my junior year they decided to hold auditions for any ladies that wanted to play the Female Chief (or something like that), anyway I was really considering trying out until I was told by classmates that with my short hair I wouldn't be a convicing Native American :ohwell: . In the end some girl with waist length hair got the part. They oughta be happy I'm not gonna be in highschool in 2008 cause by then I'd have enough hair to play the part of two Native American females!!!
One thing you LOVE about your hair:It grows SUPER fast and despite all the horrid things I've done to damage it, it has never been shorter than grazing shoulder (except when I did that BC in 8th grade)
Who truly screwed your hair up?: I truly think my mother. She never took any special care of my hair. She relaxed it before I started 1st grade and washed it whenever. I truly believe that if she would have never relaxed it when I was a child and took better care of it, my hair would be waistlength by now.
Three reasons for wanting long hair (other than wanting to show that black women can have long hair, this is somewhat a goal for all of us):
1.) I have never had a decent ponytail in my life, would like to have a nice full one.
2.) I want to be able to wear two braids and feel sexy.
3.) Cause I was supposed to have long hair! My mother messed it all up!:perplexed

caribeandiva

Human being
Current Hair Length: neck length
Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural?: relaxed
Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length): flipped out
Current Hair Color: black with fading light brown highlights
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): dark brown or jet black
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): waist length
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above): past my butt
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): short layers in front, long layers in back.
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal:same as above
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): exactly how i look now but with longer hair
Any crazy hair story: too many to tell
One thing you LOVE about your hair: the thickness of it
Who truly screwed your hair up?: myself and my last scissor happy stylist
- to rub it in my friend's faces who swear that i am wasting my time and money
- to make my family proud cause my grandmothers both have at least apl hair.
- to be able to do the white girl flip! (somebody gotta show'em how it's really done

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Current Hair Length:
Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural?: Natural
Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length): Curly or my 60's do!
Current Hair Color:Reddish Brown
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): Reddish Brown :grin:
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): Bra strap
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above): Bra Strap
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): Ultra kinky curly wild hair
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: Ultra kinky curly wild hair
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): Whatever makes me look good in bikini (yea right).
Any crazy hair story: Once in 9th grade when my hair was shoulder length and natural this girl with "good" hurr told me "I know someone that has hair like yours. She puts baby lotion in it and it makes it very straight." I was a baby lotion using fool after that for a while.
One thing you LOVE about your hair: It grows pretty fast
Who truly screwed your hair up?: Me and my damn hairdresser
Three reasons for wanting long hair: To feel sexier and just because ;)

dreysonsmommy2011

Current Hair Length:3 inches to shoulder length

Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural?: texlaxed

Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length):
Right now individual braids, but I love my buns and phony ponies

Current Hair Color: Black

Favorite Hair Color (for yourself):black

Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): Shoulder length

Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above): Bra Strap

Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): I would wear my hair down maybe with some curls or something

Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: I don't have one

Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): Maybe loose 15 lbs and get rid of my love handles

Any crazy hair story: can't think of any

One thing you LOVE about your hair: That it is growing

Who truly screwed your hair up?:Me(the women in my family have no hair care skills:eek: )So I ended up doing what I was taught. Which was all wrong

I never had it before. I am tired of sporting the old Nia Long look b/c I convinced myself that my hair couldn't grow long. I need a change. I want long hair to prove to myself that I can have long hair too!(uh, that's a little more than 3:lol: )

metalkitty

redRiot said:
I'm bored...and quite nosey :lol: . So if you're bored and have some time on your hands how about you fill out this survey?

Current Hair Length:
Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length):My hair's currently brushing my collar bone stretched. straightened and it looks cute caruso-ed or just in plain pigtails.
Current Hair Color: Front colored different tones of purple depending on when you see me.
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): Natural: Black, Unnatural: Purple
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to):Bra strap
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above):However long it could get while remaining healthy!
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal):Long choppy layers or just two good sized buns side-by-side. Nothing special.
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal:Same as above ^
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): Hairwise, just long, healthy, and thick.
Any crazy hair story:
One thing you LOVE about your hair: How thick and shiny it can be.
Who truly screwed your hair up?:Me and an ex hairdresser! I bleached and dyed my hair once, lets say never again! It was black and fuchsia in the middle and black again at the ends.... it looked okay but whoo, my bra strap hair needed a trim! So I went in the chop and you know how it goes, chop chop!
I miss having it long.
I look better with long hair.
I'm vain, alright!? :lol:

MizaniMami

Current Hair Length:
Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length): My hair down, I Love it down
Current Hair Color: Jet Blue Black
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself):Jet Blue Black
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): Midback Length (like you lol)
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above):Hipbone length, lol, I am length greedy
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): Down with a small part on the side
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: Think Sweetfacekay
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): Hair down to my waiste, with a bangin' body
Any crazy hair story: None right now
One thing you LOVE about your hair: How it gets silky sometimes
Who truly screwed your hair up?: Me, I am not the one to place the blame on other people
Three reasons for wanting long hair (other than wanting to show that black women can have long hair, this is somewhat a goal for all of us): I think it is soooo sexy, I think I would be prettier with long hair, and I really want to prove people wrong!

LeNghtyDreAms

Current Hair Length:3and half inch from bsl
Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural?:relaxed/texlaxed
Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length):pig tails!
Current Hair Color:medium black,drk brown,light brown,bronze and blonde
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself):redish blonde
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to):midbACK
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above):waistlenght
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal):just wearing it downDesired Style or Styles for Dream Goal:same as above
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?):
Any crazy hair story: when i was younger my mom used to braid me hair in all these cute styles, and every body would ask me, is that all your hair, or is is weave. I was like: it's all mine flattered and even more obsessed with my hair at that age.One thing you LOVE about your hair: its thickness
Who truly screwed your hair up?:me, listening to my friend kathy
Three reasons for wanting long hair (other than wanting to show that black women can have long hair, this is somewhat a goal for all of us):Been in love with long hair since i was 3, reason enough

lalalalalalala

princesmich

Current Hair Length: aprox. 3 inch past shoulder
Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length): I can't wait to wear a rod set - mid back hair
Current Hair Color:dark brown with gold at ends
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself):golden brown
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to):midback
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above):3 inch above waist
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal):curls curls curls
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal:curls curls and ponytails w/curls
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): more muscle definition on arms and legs a little bit of highlights and continuing w/ skin care
Any crazy hair story: so many, how much time you have , i once had a dominican salon put a bright orange, a beautician told me to cut my midback lenght hair to shoulder lenght when it was at it's healthies because i had post partum shedding and she was ignorant and said my hair was unehealthy this was just 2 months after my first child.
One thing you LOVE about your hair: the thickness and versatility
Who truly screwed your hair up?:that beautician that cut my hair to shoulder lenght, not even a real beautician i would mention her name but that would be wrong but it starts with an S, she does hair in her basement
Three reasons for wanting long hair (other than wanting to show that black women can have long hair, this is somewhat a goal for all of us):it makes me look younger, it makes my skin glow, i want to be a hottie

Radianthealth

Current Hair Length:Bottom of the neck just touching the top of the shoulder
Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural?: Relaxed/Texlaxed. I don't go for bone straight but it isn't as textured as texlaxed so somewhere in the middle
Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length): Side high bun with sweeping bangs. I wear this when I go out, it is protective and requires no heat. I wrap a glittery band around the bun to add some glamour
Current Hair Color: Brown, it seems to be getting lighter
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): Jet Black looks great on my skin, but I only use rinses and with all the products I use in my hair I don't want black stains everywhere
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): Brastrap. Looking at this board, I have no doubt I will get there
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above): My Boo Tay :grin:
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): Side part with Side swept bangs and soft curls
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: Same as realistic goal or braidouts
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): I want to look healthy, I want people to know by looking at me that I take care of myself. I don't want to wear a lot of makeup but I want to be trim, fit, healthy hair skin and nails. Neatly dressed but a natural laid back kind of style
Any crazy hair story: Too many, most are pretty traumatic. I have always had hair that people made fun of. My mom really didn't know much but to braid my hair and sometimes she would braid it in these really weird styles that caused me to get teased a lot. I am glad I have gradually learned to care for my hair.
One thing you LOVE about your hair: That it has different textures throughout and it seems pretty resistant to split ends. Not really resistant since I regularly do protective styles and never use heat but the ends are in pretty good shape.
Who truly screwed your hair up?: I did
Because people think I can't do it
I think it is attractive
The versatility of hair styles

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I'm bored here at work! :grin: Here's my answers to this survey...

Current Hair Length: 6.0 - 6.5 inches

Favorite Style at Current Length: stretched out puffs or twistout puffs

Current Hair Color:dark dark brown

Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): jet black

Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): arm pit length

Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above): waist length

Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): individual braids or twists

Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: one big braid or bun

Dream Look: face clear as a baby and to lose 20 pounds

Any crazy hair story: can't think of one at the moment...

One thing you LOVE about your hair: my natural hair texture... I love playing with my coils

Who truly screwed your hair up?: my mom: right after I got the BC, she pressed my hair with a hot stove comb and it was permanently straightened :(

You know what? I really do not have any reason(s) why I want long hair... I just want it. I have nothing to prove and I don't feel it will make me look better... I just simply want it! :)

MissFallon

Current Hair Length: Grazing the top of the brastrap in the back, 2 inches past APL in the front
Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural?: Relaxed, but thnking about transitioning to natural and doing the BC in September when I have atleast 5 inches of ng.
Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length): Curls, loose waves
Current Hair Color: Black with brown at the botto, (from an old color last year)
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): Medium brown
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): Waist length in back but midback or bsl in front.
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above): Full waistlength.
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): Curls/loose waves
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: Flexi-rod set that when curled was APL or almost BSL.
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): Lose 30 pounds and keep my hair looking like i came from the salon eveyday.
Any crazy hair story: In 2002 I went to the salon and asked for a trim and she cut about 10 inches off my almost waistlength hair ....I cried the moment I got home, the when I went to school the next day everyone asked me if I purposely did that. I didnt think it was that short (it was about 2 inches past APL) but you woulda thought I did a pixie cut or something.
One thing you LOVE about your hair: That it grows fast
Who truly screwed your hair up?: The girl who put the sew-in weave in back in September.
Three reasons for wanting long hair (other than wanting to show that black women can have long hair, this is somewhat a goal for all of us): Short hair doesnt fit my face and I'm sick of people asking me what happened to my hair (when I cut it the first time in 2002)

Last edited:

Shaniquah

Current Hair Length: Right above bra strap
Favorite Style at Current Length straight (?)

Current Hair Color: different color highlights (trying to grow the black back)
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): golden brown
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): mid-back
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above): waist :grin:
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal):

loose curls
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: loose curls
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): beautiful skin, good muscle tone, long hair!!
Any crazy hair story: tried to remove permanent hair color, wound up looking like carrot top :eek:
One thing you LOVE about your hair: versatility
Who truly screwed your hair up?: at one point....ME!
Three reasons for wanting long hair (other than wanting to show that black women can have long hair, this is somewhat a goal for all of us): there should be another reason??

Recherché.Beauty

Current Hair Length:Grazing Shoulders
Favorite Style at Current Length: In A High Ponytail
Current Hair Color: Mostly Brown and Black
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): N/A
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to):Mid Back
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above): Waist
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): A High Pony or A side pony
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: Braidout or french braid
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): Amazing Skin, Tones Body, and A Head full of healthy hair
Any crazy hair story: N/A
One thing you LOVE about your hair: Texture
Who truly screwed your hair up?: My Mom
Three reasons for wanting long hair (other than wanting to show that black women can have long hair, this is somewhat a goal for all of us): To Show People I Can Have Long Hair/ To Prove my SO wrong/

Catina72

redRiot said:

Current Hair Length:16 inches, laying just below shoulder
Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural?:relaxed, not bone straight
Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length):High ponytail, all my hair can fit and nothing hangs out!
Current Hair Color:Dark brown(natural)
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself):Same color, no gray
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to):Brastrap
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above):Mid-back
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal):Staight or a braid out
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal:Low ponytail with major length
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): Looking flawless from head to toe
Any crazy hair story:All the years in high school i used peroxide to color my hair
One thing you LOVE about your hair: It takes a licking and keeps on growing!
Who truly screwed your hair up?:Beauticians! Loved to let the relaxer "sit" in my hair then overprocessing and breakage followed.
Three reasons for wanting long hair (other than wanting to show that black women can have long hair, this is somewhat a goal for all of us):To see if I can do it, never let my hair get longer than Apl(sissor happy), my husband would enjoy it too.

remnant

Current Hair Length: Between armpit and bra strap

Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length): Two strands twist

Current Hair Color: Black

Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): Black with highligthes (never try it)

Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): (see my siggy)

Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above): By God's grace I will surely achieve Mid-Back length

Braid-out, flat iron hair, ponytail

Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: Two strand twist at shoulder to armpit lenght

Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): BIG braid or twist out :grin:

Any crazy hair story: too many stories!

One thing you LOVE about your hair: It's just beautiful, I like to touch it look at it, I love my hair

Who truly screwed your hair up?: My mother:(

Three reasons for wanting long hair (other than wanting to show that black women can have long hair, this is somewhat a goal for all of us): Since my childhood I 've always dreamed that I will have long hair, I just love long hair

Last edited:

MoonStar

Current Hair Length: Just pass my shoulders
Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length): Low ponytail
Current Hair Color: Auburn, red, orange - It changes with the sun
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): I've never worn hair color before, but I've always wanted a "normal" hair color like dark brown
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): Bra-strap
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above): Waist Length
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): Wrapped, or high ponytail
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: Just air dried bushy ponytail
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): Reach my weight loss goal, clear skin, and waist length healthy hair
Any crazy hair story: Growing up my hair was never shorter than my shoulder and by the time I graduated from high school my hair was about 2 inches from my waist and I decided to shave my head. I did it because I've never had short hair and I've never seen my natural hair texture (I've had a relaxer since age 5). I didn't realize how much hair that was, and now 6 years, 3 shaved heads, and a bunch of crying later, I wish I never had done it!!!
One thing you LOVE about your hair: It's really tuff (coarse), I put two different relaxers in my hair two days in a row and nothing happened.
Who truly screwed your hair up?: ME!!!!!!
Three reasons for wanting long hair (other than wanting to show that black women can have long hair, this is somewhat a goal for all of us): For me I it's not about the length but the health. If I reach my dream goal of waist length hair and it was uneven and the ends were split, I would cut it and start all over again.

FineChyna

Current Hair Length: 2 inches past my shoulders
Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural?: natural
Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length): straight hair with a slight bang or a quiff ponytail
Current Hair Color: my natural color which is black
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself):reddish brown
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): armpt
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above): bra strap
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): straight or updos
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal:maybe to have hair styles like aaliyah or kelis. i really dig their hair styles and how they make their hair work for them
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): to be sexy
Any crazy hair story: when i was 13 my mom was trying to get her hair license and wanted to trim my hair for practice. she made so many mistakes my hair went from being shoulder length to up to the bottom of my ears. it looked horrible!
One thing you LOVE about your hair: the color and texture
Who truly screwed your hair up?: my mother-she never taught me anything about hair care and never took me to the salon to get it done either. i didn't know until i was 17 that your supposed to wrap your hair and use a satin scarf or bonet. i also thought that people with perms who had that flowing hair look by using a curling iron or going to the salon. i didn't know it was from wrapping your hair and sitting under a dryer. i was using shampoos, conditioners, gels that were for geared toward white women and i also thought that hair grease was the only thing that black people could use on hair. i grew up hating my hair because i didn't understand why all the other females i saw had long, shiny hair and my hair looked chewed up. when i went to college i was more embarrassed because there was so many women with there own hair and it looked great. i was totally clueless about my hair and she didn't offer any help either.
Three reasons for wanting long hair (other than wanting to show that black women can have long hair, this is somewhat a goal for all of us): because i look better with longer hair when i wear it down and it will show that all the work i put into my hair paid off

BrwnSugaBabee

Current Hair Length: At a modest APL when stretched

Favorite Style at Current Length: Part in the middle with curls in the layers.

Current Hair Color:Dark Brown

Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): I liked auburn on me but never again!

Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): BSL

Dream Goal Length:Waist length

I would wear a high pony tail with one big loose spiral curl with a side swept bang. Or lol wear it down with lots of waves.:grin:

Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: Down straight with slight flip at the ends.Or a ridiculously bangin ponytail lol.

One thing you LOVE about your hair: It always bounces back..it may take awhile but after I screw it up..it eventually forgives me.

Who truly screwed your hair up?: see siggy

It will help me achieve the styles I like.

I will have more versatility with styling.

And I want em to be like Whoa..LOL:lachen:

Victorian

old head
Current Hair Length: Brastrap
Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length): I love wearing a bandana/triangle scarf with my hair loose in the back :yep:
Current Hair Color: black/dark brown
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): Never been any other color--never wanted another one
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): Waistlength
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above): Hip length
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): super pony puff :lol:
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: Single 5-strand english braid
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): Hmmm...I don't know if I have one
Any crazy hair story: One time, when I was still relaxed back in high school, my bus was late picking us up from school so we were standing outside waiting, and this guy came up to me with the standard "is that all your hair?" question. I was wearing it in a mid-level ponytail, btw. Now I understood exactly what he was asking and why, but I was in a weird mood that day and I kept going, "Huh? What?" He kept repeating the question and I kept saying "what?" until he finally gave up :lol: I don't what made me do that, I just didn't feel like having the "no this isn't a weave" conversation and I wasn't about to take down my ponytail so he could look for tracks :lol:
One thing you LOVE about your hair: The texture. I love my coilies :D
Who truly screwed your hair up?: When I was younger my grandmother sent my sister and I to a friend's mother to get our cornrows redone, and this lady was so ROUGH. She had a tiny comb and all that. When we went home after our visit with Grandma was over my mom looked like she wanted to cry when she saw the damage that lady did. The whole time she had been going on about how nice our hair was--as she was ripping it out with a rattail comb and asking why we were so "tenderheaded." LOL
Three reasons for wanting long hair (other than wanting to show that black women can have long hair, this is somewhat a goal for all of us):I don't know, I just want it :lol: I don't care to prove anything to anyone or make any sort of statement. I like long hair and have decided to go for it. It's just not any more serious than that for me.

JazzyDez

Current Hair Length: nape of neck :ohwell:
Favorite Style at Current Length: bouncy wraps

Current Hair Color: dark brown
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): black with honey blonde highlights
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): bra-strap :yep:
Dream Goal Length: mid-back:love:

Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal: straight black hair (bump on ends) or wavy(braidout, losely curled style, etc..))
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: straight black hair (bump on ends or wavy (braidout, loosely curled style, etc..))
Dream Look: slim with long hair, beautiful skin and a bangin body! :)
Any crazy hair story: (too long to post here :lol: )
Thickness
Who truly screwed your hair up?: I did (self relaxing too often, never conditioning, using clogging products :( )
Three reasons for wanting long hair: I haven't had it since a child, I think it fits my look better (I dont like how I look with short styles), I just want to feel like hair is my own personal treasure....and I want to rock my real hair without being ashamed or wishing it was longer!! :grin:

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Current Hair Length: Bang=Upper lip Length :lol: , Sides and crown=Chin length; Back=Shoulder length

Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural?: Texlaxed/Texturized

Favorite Style at Current Length: A curly up-do

Current Hair Color: Somewhere between a 1B and 2 with naturally reddish highlights (I had a cellophane color over 3 months ago that left my hair a little too dark)

Favorite Hair Color: Actually, I LOVE my natural color (closer to a 2 with reddish highlights.) It’s very pretty, and most people I know compliment me on it.

Realistic Goal Length: I’ve been waist length, and find I am happier somewhere between APL & BSL. It looks nice and is easy to maintain.

Dream Goal Length: I can achieve the length I desire.

Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal: A curly up-do or simple chignon. A braid out for special occasions. (I’m a bit of a prude :p )

Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: The same.

Dream Look: My hair, unprocessed, and all one length at my desired length.

Any crazy hair story: Well…when my hair was longer, I fell asleep with a piece of gum in my mouth, and I’m sure you can all guess what happened. Let’s just say I wore braids for a long time after. :lachen:

One thing you LOVE about your hair: Everything! (Seriously, I'm just glad to have it)

Who truly screwed your hair up?: This stylist who over-processed my hair about 5 years ago. I had scalp damage, my hair fell, out, a bald spot, and a bad hair cut to boot:mad: …I basically had to start from scratch.

Three reasons for wanting long hair: I miss the versatility and easy of styling I had with longer hair. Also, this “corporate bob” thing I’ve been sporting for the last few years has got to go!!! I think it makes me look old! My own mother says my hair look’s like Condoleeza Rice :eek: :nono: :rolleyes: :covereyes , so it’s definitely got to go. :grin:

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
Current Hair Length: b/w 4-5 inches

Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length): Wash and Go with a headband

Current Hair Color: Two tone - Black near roots, reddish brown down the shaft

Favorite Hair Color (for yourself):My natural inky black

Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): Midback

Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): Single braid down back

Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: Same

Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): Just sexy looking

Any crazy hair story: None really

One thing you LOVE about your hair: My kinky, coily, curly texture

Who truly screwed your hair up?: Me, I made the choice I take the blame

1. I love the way it looks on me
2. Never really had it at the lengths I want
3. Why not?

Current Hair Length:Just grazing ear(I actually think its longer but i am not toooo sure)

Favorite Style at Current Length:Weaved up,if it had to be my real hair-wrapped/braid out

Current Hair Color:My natural dark brown/mahoghany w/these mistakenly added honey blonde/bronze streaks

Favorite Hair Color (for yourself):Very highlighted,w/honey blonde,dark auburn,light auburn,bronze,mahoghany

Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): Arm pit length

Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above):Mid back length

Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): Very layered,side bangs,side part,kept rollerset

Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: very volumious rollerset ponytails,elgant updos,that same layered cut but extremly longer

Dream Look:Long hair,clear skin,thicker more matured "Ghetto Big body",lol not fat but thick,Sexy clothing,nails/toes/eyebrows constantly done,Hazel conntacts

Any crazy hair story: None right now

One thing you LOVE about your hair: How strong it is

Who truly screwed your hair up?: Me,My mother,Stylist named ceci

Three reasons for wanting long hair :
1)Longer hair is Sexyyyyyy
2)My square face needs some hair for these strong angles,lol
3)Long hair is versitile,if i am not having the best hair day,add a lil water and qp glaze and i'd have a bangin updo/High ponytail

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Current Hair Length: Ear length

Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural?: confused, but leaning toward relaxing

Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length): Straight and down

Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): chocolate brown (like Ciara's)

Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): BSL

Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above): Waistlength

Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): Wavy (think crimps that have fallen)

Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: just straight

Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): Clearer skin with the long hair and a more defined waist

Any crazy hair story: My phoney pony fell off at cheer practice one time. I was embarassed but didn't cry

One thing you LOVE about your hair: No matter how bad I'm treating it, some of it still stays

Who truly screwed your hair up?: Me. I didn't do all the work, but I let it get done to me, so it's my fault

1. More style versatility
2. I think I look better with long hair
3. I want to proudly say, yeah it's real

babyanjel

Current Hair Length: Somewhere between APL & BSL
Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length): Big & Curly or Sof deep waves
Current Hair Color: Darkest Brown
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): Jet Black (wanna try)
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): @ my Natural waist line
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above): Hitting the top on my Pants
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): Any style under the sun....may even try twisting it
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: Curly or Pin straight
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): erm, I dunno I'd probably wear it 'out' alot more (or at least try to seeing as it always finds it's way back in a ponytail)
Any crazy hair story: hhmmm, not really except the other day my BF decided to play with my 'dreadlocks' in the back of my head. which then lead me to try and detangle this matted knotted mess...but that story is too long for this thread:look:
One thing you LOVE about your hair: It's always always soft now...even if it's a tangled mess or airdried.
Who truly screwed your hair up?: I guess that would be me...seeing as i never used to be interested in what my stylist was doing. I would just be happy that it looked good in the end. She would pull the relaxer through the length of my hair, tell me that the burning was 'tingling' and that meant it was working, I never knew what products she was putting in my hair not even what type of relaxer. I never knew the reason that my WL hair was so thin wasn't because it was hereditary but because she was doing all the wrong this to my hair...after learning from LHCF I know now that I should have been bald!
1) That's all I know, I like my hair best that way.
2) I have a big head and the hair hides that.
....don't have a 3rd really.

MzOptimistic

Current Hair Length: Can't tell I'm on the hide my hair until christmas challenge
Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length): Rollerset
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself): bronze brown that looks golden in the sun
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to): midback
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above): waistlength
Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal): carouso set with curls flowing down back
Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal: wear my hair pulled back with a headband on and my bang sweeping to the side like country gal.
Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?): Pull hair in pony tail at the top of my head
Any crazy hair story: I wore a braid out to work one day when I had 9 weeks of ng and went out to lunch and it started raining a co worker said I looked like a chihuhua on crack...we crack jokes on each other and I got her a#@ back.
One thing you LOVE about your hair: the way my hair holds curls
Who truly screwed your hair up?: me, myself, and I...all by my dammy
1. To have my hair swing with authority when I walk or turn my head.
2. To be able to flip my hair out of my face when it blows in the wind....yah yah I know...
3. I already feel sexy but to feel sexier...it's just something about long hair.

well I guess that's the end...hope someone answers at least some of these... :p

Last edited:

Wishin4BSL

Current Hair Length:
15 inches from crown to ends (close to APL)
Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural?:
Relaxed
none
Current Hair Color:
Dark Brown (natural color in the summer)
Favorite Hair Color (for yourself):
Jet Black (never had it but I want it)
Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to):
Mid-back
Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above):
Waist
Roller-sets

Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal:
Piper Halliwell (in my siggy)--straight and layered if Waist length

Instead of wearing jeans and a t-shirt/tank top, I'll start wearing my skirts and buy a few sundresses

Any crazy hair story:
I once tried to do my hair on my own when I was 14 and I didn't dilute the Lotta Body setting lotion when I wrapped it....You can imagine...:eek: :lachen:

The softness

Who truly screwed your hair up?:
My friend with like 2c hair (realized this later) that told me she could give my 4a hair a Just For Me relaxer and said it would take.

1: I've always loved the way long hair looks
2: I've always admired Holly Marie Combs's hair (even though she's white, she has a gorgeous head of hair to me!) and I want my hair to be that length too
3: I've had shoulder length hair for years and I want to see if it's because of stylists or just that my hair can't get any longer.

hairlover

redRiot said:

1.Current Hair Length:
2.Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural?:
3.Favorite Style at Current Length (not necessarily a style you'd wear since we're all mainly wearing protective styles, but a style that you think looks cute with that length):
4.Current Hair Color:
5.Favorite Hair Color (for yourself):
6.Realistic Goal Length (the length you are truly determined to get to):
7.Dream Goal Length (the length you'd like to have, but not sure if you can achieve it, can be the same as above):
8.Desired Style or Styles for Realistic Goal (a style you would wear at that goal):
9.Desired Style or Styles for Dream Goal:
10.Dream Look (okay this is weird but I've vowed to try to look more stylish once I achieve my goal length, plus I know some ladies here have taken up other self improvement regimens like weight loss or skin care so in the end what would be your dream look?):
11.Any crazy hair story:
12.One thing you LOVE about your hair:
13.Who truly screwed your hair up?:
14.Three reasons for wanting long hair (other than wanting to show that black women can have long hair, this is somewhat a goal for all of us):

I put numbers by all of your questions so hopefully i get them all. i'll answer by each number instead of re-writing the question.here it goes:

1.19 1/2 inches
2.mostly natural (bc'd in may and still have about 2" of relaxed hair, not ready to cut it yet.)
3.pressed or roller set
4.burgundy/red (henna colored my hair)
5.deep red
6.4" below brastrap all natural( waistlength stretched)
7.waistlength all natural ( tailbone stretched)
8.wash-n-go or pressed, maybe rollerset
9.same as above
10.i would like to gain 10 lbs.
11. when i was 12, i got my first jerri curl, (my hair was past bsl then, when i got the curl, my hair was too long to curl so i had to cut it to necklength, how stuuuuuuppppiiid!!!!) I know better now.
12.I love my natural hair all the way around.
13.the first hair stylist i ever went to cut too much, it was suppose to be a trim.
14.a) to see for myself what my hair growth potential is
b)like you said, to show the world that it is possible for us to do even if we're not mixed
c)because i have so many inspirations on this board, and though it is so hard to choose just one, i really want my hair to look like midnitecurls hair. (i don't think she's on this board, but if you do a search with her name in it, you will see what i'm talking about.

hope i answered everything.