What are your hair goals AND are they realisitic?

youwillrise

my ultimate goal is midback STRETCHED.

i'm done with trying to give myself time limits
so, i'll just say as soon as possibly possible.

Energee

My only hair goal right now is to reach BSL --a couple of inches past it actually. So far my hair is healthy and growing well...so I've achieved that goal. My ends are good--goal met. I'm retaining my length (no excess breaking or shedding). I guess another would be for my bangs to catch up to the rest of my hair.

I definitely believe my goals are realistic. I wouldn't waste time on a goal that I didn't believe to be realistic.

GoldenBreeze

I think my goal is realistic. I'd like to have a TBL natural braid, simple. I'm not in a particular hurry nor do I really have a time schedule. I just plan to take care of my hair and let it grow. The only way that I won't achieve that is that my body has a different plan. In that case, I'll take however much more length I get, and be happy. I'm certainly not going to stress over it. :)

Islandspyce

My short term is to make full BSL by April and mid-back by Dec 08. When I think about how often I was cutting/trimming/perming (every 4 weeks) yikkes!:wallbash: I am just so glad I stumbled across this forum I feel like my eyes have been opened and now I think these goals are achievable.

kiesha8185

Yeah I am giving myself one year to get my hair in shape. I have to deal with dryness, thin ends,etc. then I'll focus on length. Your hair is looking very full in your avatar.

Did you cut layers? Does your hair usually grow blunt?

Thanks! My hair is getting bigger and BIGGER, no lie. I'm starting to feel like I should lay off the henna and castor oil :look: But I didn't cut the layers. Last January, I had kinky twists in and forgot to detangle before I washed my hair. So I had to comb out the knots, and it made my hair really uneven. I had a gooooood cry that day :nono:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
My short term goal is full, thick BSL. I'm looking forward to the end of December for that. Then I just expect it to get thicker and fuller. My next goal is MBL by May 08 and since I need about 6" to get to WL, I should be there by October 08, latest December 08. Yeah I think my goals realistic. The good thing about hair is that it grows no matter what (generally) so with no major setbacks, length retention is key to achieving all goals and LHCF teaches how to do that.

trini_rican

My Ultimate Goal is WL by October 2009. I think that's a pretty realistic goal but.... will my hair be what it was - without relaxers??? I pray.:grin: I may texlax. I'm tryin not to but....it just be callin my name:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Lucia

Even if my goal is a little unrealistic I'm sure going to try, I tell myself I can and will make it happen and I just choose to beleive that for however long it seems to take.

trini_rican

Here's my goal...

(of course the first is unrelaxed) - the second (flat ironed)

Attachments

• LAIMG_00008_LG.jpg
    LAIMG_00008_LG.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 27
  • NYIMG_00071.jpg
    NYIMG_00071.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
My hair goal is definitely realistic....I should absolutely reach APL stretched (if not surpass it) by the end of my countdown ticker. :yep:

Imani

Well,

my goal right now is to grow out my layers. It has been hard because the shorter layers actually grow waaaaayyy slower than the rest of my hair.

It is aggravating!

I am changing things up a bit. I am wearing my hair up most of the time now and I am applying scalp stimulators to those shorter areas only. I had gotten totally against growth aids but desperation has kicked in! I have been using Lenzi's request oil and I just made my own little concoction to boost it a bit more. Those areas need to get in gear!!!

I planned on reaching my goal by DEC 07 but it ain't happnin'. :nono:

I think if I cut my hair it would be there, but I just can't find it in myself to do that - not yet at least.

Honeydew, your hair looks really nice! i can also tell its grown from previous siggy pics. i have layers too. with layers, sometimes it seems like it is not growing, but it really is.

Imani

My goals are always very realistic. which is why it is so frustrating when i can't attain them:ohwell:

Right now, i want to put an end to breakage and dryness. and grow out my back layers to at least shoulder/right above shoulder. and have my hair full and healthy.

i'm not aiming for APL or BSL or anything. I'm more into health and thickness. Just seems like i keep having setbacks- like the horrible tangles/breakage i had last time i stretched and didn't detangle before going to the salon for a relaxer:nono:

Mahalialee4

Well,

I had gotten totally against growth aids

((((but desperation has kicked in! ))))

"na na na na na ..ana" (I am childishly sticking out my tongue too) lolololol ...now you understand ( just teasing cause couldn't hep myself!)

from a hair growth aid junkie!

Opalsunset

Hi Everyone! First time posting on the boards, although I have been on just about daily since I joined earlier in the year. My long term goal is to be waist length unstreched..It's going to be a long journey but I am here for the ride, I think it is gorgeous and I'm sure I can make it. :)

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
My ultamate goal is waistlength by 2008. I used to think that it was impossible to reach that length, but w/ protective styling and moisturizing daily it's not too far fetched....i think:ohwell:

dlewis

I believe mine are realistic. I take my goals in stages. For example When I was at SL my goal was APL and when I was APL my goal was BSL. Now my goal is MBL. I plan to just grow and grow. I eventually want to have a blunt cut and see how I like that. But I'm concerned that I won't and will then get layers again. So we'll see.

I will start cutting in Jan, my mother will be moving back so I have someone I can trust to cut my hair. I would also like BSL with shrinkage or when rollerset.

FlyRob

My realistic hair goals are to have streched BSL by September 2008, and streched WL by September 2009. I will achieve these goals by continuing to moisturize daily, use of heat 1- 2 times per year, and protective styling.

Good luck everyone on achieving your goals!

lollyoo

yes i think my goals are realistic- my first goal is full shoulder length dec 2007, and i think have made that already as i flat iron my root and wore my hair straight on sunday.

my next goal is APL- as am only 5ft 2in, i only need 3in from full shoulder length to armpit length. so i have given my self up to sept 2008 (about 8 months with light dusting) to achieve this.

another 3 in is needed from APL to BSL- so will give myself another 8 months.

After this am hoping to cut of at least 2in of my hair- then grow my hair to MBL (if possible) and trim my hair once a year and maintain my hair at MBL- this should be possible by 2010.

Energist

Right now, my main goal is full MBL all the way across. I'm not even going to entertain the thought of WL hair until I reach that goal, which I will need to celebrate over once accomplished ;)

seraphim712

My goal is to be APL by February 2008. If I suceed in this a bit early, I will start my new goal in becoming BSL.

Misseyl

I think my hair goal is realistic, if you look in my Fotki, my hair is resting comfortably on my shoulders, so by 2011 I think I should have healthy, long, bra strap hair. I haven't taken any pictures in 2007 for comparison because I'm wearing braids but I think I'll to a touchup sometime next year and do a comparison. I would like to add that my hair has never been this healthy and if and when it reaches BSL I'll cut it to make sure it even all the way round.

lveurslf

My goal should be realistic. My ultimate goal is armpit length hair stretched. I hoping to see that sometime in 2009. As long as it is thick and healthy I'm gonna let it do what it do. Since by 2009 I hope to be natural, I don't expect all my hair to be one length so I won't continously cut my hair to keep it even.

Good luck to everyone on their goals!

bLackButtaFly

I hope my goals are realistic. My stretched goals are bsl by june 2008. I'm right at apl now, so I should be able to grow that extra 3 or 4 inches in the next 8 months. From there it's all about my unstretched goals like a collarbone length twist out(maybe by summer 2008), or apl length twists(winter 2008) I think with apl length twists I'd probably be at MBL by early 2009, which used to seem forever away, but now doesn't seem that long at all. I won't be growing my hair any longer then MBL stretched though:nono:. Too much natural hair for me.

I think my goals are pretty realistic b/c I used to have mbl hair when I was younger, but I just got sick of it(b/c it was always straight), and kept cutting it until I was at ear length with lots of layers. If I can get my hair to the length it was in my 8th grade photo only fuller, and natural, I'd be happy.:rolleyes:

PanamasOwn

well after much deliberation with myself, I belive my most realistic goal is APL by 2009 (strectched) unstrechted a little bit above my shoulders. Im short 4'11 (on a bad day) 5 ft 1/2 on a good day, so I think that is pretty realistic..

(SIGH) I guess I will see you in 2012 WL...:cry:

Poobity

My hair goals are for stretched or flat-ironed hair. My hair has like 70%-80% shrinkage, so I think brastrap or even armpit unstretched just ain't happening. Keeping it real. I want my hair to be waist-length flat ironed. That's good enough for me.