Hair to my armpit, want it to my bra strap next May, help!

SingBrina

Any advise to grow my hair longer by next year? Faster!?

I condition my hair every week under a hood dryer
I use Aphogee every six months
I take Biotin and Birth Control pills
I trim my hair at least every three to four months
I use heat products once a week

Do you moisturize regularly? Use oil on your ends?

Taking care of the ends is the key to hair growth in my experience.

Maybe using less heat (did you say weekly heat?) This forum is dedicated to the very question you ask, take a look around :)

How long did it take you to get to APL from NL? When I was at that stage, because APL to BSL isn't that long of a distance apart, it took less than a year. If you get normal growth and retention, then I would just stick to what you are doing already.

1. Don't use heat so often
2. Don't trim unless it's necessary. If you use heat often it may cause you split ends which would mean you would need to trim your hair. I haven't had a trim in 3 years and I use heat twice a year; I have no split ends.
3. Protective style with buns, braids, wigs etc.

Focus on protecting the ends of your hair. Seal them nightly and protect them from friction and damage. Keep the ends of your hair off your clothing at all times.

Any advise to grow my hair longer by next year? Faster!?

I condition my hair every week under a hood dryer
I use Aphogee every six months
I take Biotin and Birth Control pills
I trim my hair at least every three to four months
I use heat products once a week

~Did you mean you use Aphogee every 6 weeks? If not I recommend using the Aphogee 2 step every 6 weeks and the aphogee 2 min or a simliar protein every week or so.

~Cut down the heat drastically.

~Stretch your relaxers if you can but start off slow. Like if you usually relax every 6 weeks stretch to 10 or 12 weeks.

~ Of course moisturize and seal, protect your hair at night. Also a hair journal helped me, I was able to keep track of prodects that did and dint work for me.

~ Lots of water and exercise! I would also recommend a regular multi vitamin especially if your diet isnt on point. This is the only tip I have wrriten down that will help with growth, the rest will help with retention.

GOOD LUCK!

If its something you don't mind doing, I would recommend using protective styles until you reach your goal of BSL.
Wigs work best for me for a couple of reasons...
  1. I hardly have to touch my hair at all, but can still get to all of my hair comfortably to moisturise it.
  2. I tend to retain more length when my hair is in NATURAL braids so this is how I always have my hair done under wigs and at night.
Some people have great progress with braids, weaves, half wigs or buns.

Also, make sure you moisturise and seal, concentrating on ends the most and protect the hair with a satin/silk cap/scarf at night.

HHJ!

Last edited:
I agree ladies.. I protective styled for almost a year straight.. I was so not cute!!! I only trim 1 time a year, maybe... I take care of my ends so there is no need.. Aphogee 2 step is great, use it 6 weeks after touch up..Aphogee 2 min is awesome as well!! Stretch those relaxers, that was key for me I go 12-14 weeks..But it was a gradual process..Good luck with your goal!

~Did you mean you use Aphogee every 6 weeks? If not I recommend using the Aphogee 2 step every 6 weeks and the aphogee 2 min or a simliar protein every week or so.

~Stretch your relaxers if you can but start off slow. Like if you usually relax every 6 weeks stretch to 10 or 12 weeks.

~ Of course moisturize and seal, protect your hair at night. Also a hair journal helped me, I was able to keep track of prodects that did and dint work for me.

~ Lots of water and exercise! I would also recommend a regular multi vitamin especially if your diet isnt on point. This is the only tip I have wrriten down that will help with growth, the rest will help with retention.

GOOD LUCK!

I have to agree that everyone cannot do protein to that degree. But Aphoghee is a must for me. My hair loves moisture but to much just create lots of splits and mushy like ends (even when I was natural). I would also use a heat protectant when you do use heat. That can make all the difference in the world as well. Right not I am looking at maybe two or three inches until bra strap. I am trying to see what else I can do to amp it up.. Patience is a virtue. The protein treatments have helped me maintain length as I do not have as many splits and therefor I am doing far less trimming. No I can get away with a mere dusting.

Do you moisturize regularly? Use oil on your ends?

Taking care of the ends is the key to hair growth in my experience.

No I don't use oil on the ends, I am afraid it will make it too oily, is there a certain way to do that?

How long did it take you to get to APL from NL? When I was at that stage, because APL to BSL isn't that long of a distance apart, it took less than a year. If you get normal growth and retention, then I would just stick to what you are doing already.

I am sorry what is NL? :sad:

1. Don't use heat so often
2. Don't trim unless it's necessary. If you use heat often it may cause you split ends which would mean you would need to trim your hair. I haven't had a trim in 3 years and I use heat twice a year; I have no split ends.
3. Protective style with buns, braids, wigs etc.

Wow only twice out of the year!? If I dont use heat my hair is wild, and I like to wear it down..... I do wear weaves on occassion to stop messing with it, hmm....

GOOD LUCK!

I was using a journal and then I stopped, good advise! I will restart that this week. I use Aphogee once every six weeks and I no longer perm/relax my hair. And I just started a vitamin two days ago!! So heat once a week is bad? Or does everyone view it diff?

If its something you don't mind doing, I would recommend using protective styles until you reach your goal of BSL.

Wigs work best for me for a couple of reasons...
  1. I hardly have to touch my hair at all, but can still get to all of my hair comfortably to moisturise it.
  2. I tend to retain more length when my hair is in NATURAL braids so this is how I always have my hair done under wigs and at night.
Some people have great progress with braids, weaves, half wigs or buns.

Also, make sure you moisturise and seal, concentrating on ends the most and protect the hair with a satin/silk cap/scarf at night.

HHJ!

You are right, when I put weaves in my hair grew like crazy!!!! Yeak I just need to put that in again and soon....

I agree ladies.. I protective styled for almost a year straight.. I was so not cute!!! I only trim 1 time a year, maybe... I take care of my ends so there is no need.. Aphogee 2 step is great, use it 6 weeks after touch up..Aphogee 2 min is awesome as well!! Stretch those relaxers, that was key for me I go 12-14 weeks..But it was a gradual process..Good luck with your goal!

Aphogee 2-step? I think I have that, not sure, have to look, and I stopped relaxing, what styles did you wear your hair, hmmm

Back