Hair Without Products

esoterica

Do you think that its possible for 4a/b hair to have shine/sheen without the use of products? Would that be the true test of hair health or not? when i shampoo/conditon my hair and let it air dry it never looks as good as when ive applied some form of oil/cream. type 1 and 2 textures seem to achieve this healthy appearance with plain ole shampoo and conditioner (generally speaking). is natural sheen/shine an indicator of hair health or not? all my shine is artifical :/

deedabug

i think this because the natural oils and moisturization left over frm the conditioner is able to travel down to the ends of type 1 and 2 hair easier...

personally i would be very fearful my hair would break off if i consistently went with no products aside from the ones used to wash my hair....

over and over when readin about hair types types 4 and lower 3's have a bigger problem with natural oils reaching the ends...so i mean how is ur hair gonna thrive like that..u have to add things to it give it what it needs....

Queenie

I've heard the type 4 only hair has a sheen. Unfortunately, there is no shine. :( I love shiny hair too.