Hair wont bun or pony?

lovely_locks

It seems that no matter how much length I gain my pony tail does not swing, and my bun is not full. My bun wont stay in my hair tie. I guess I am just venting. I love the high bun look but I cannot make a nice looking bun :ohwell:

Shalay11

How many inches of hair do u have ? I have yet to attempt a bun since being natural and only tried a pony when washing like 6 months ago and I'm 3 years natural .. I wouldn't mind but my hair is freaking thick.. And I only have about 9 inches around I believe

Angel of the North

I feel your pain on the fullness of the bun part, I put this down to how fine my hair is, I've got lots of it but it is very fine lol. I often get people being amazed at the length of my hair because they assume that cos my bun looks small my hair is short :ohwell:

lovely_locks

I'm not sure how many inches my hair is. I don't like adding fake hair. I'm not sure why but I am so put off by fake hair. I think I will just wait for more length lol!

APrayer4Hair

I currently have a TWA (between 3.5-5.5 in) so I'm nowhere near this stage but I think it will greatly depend on ur shrinkage. I have 75% shrinkage so maybe sometime this millennium :lol:

irisak

I have enough hair to pony or bun too. My ponies and buns only look full though if I wear them air dried. Even then for my hair to be the length that it is my bun looks anorexic. I feel your pain op.

Evolving78

if you are only neck length, you are going to struggle. so if you don't want to fake, then yes, you should wait for more length. i had to wait until i was past SL to make a decent little bun. and wait until i was a little past APL to make a top bun. i wear my bun in the back. i don't do socks, donuts, or added hair either. i refuse to add anything. i just don't like faking it until i make it.

Last edited:

koolkittychick

I also feel your pain. I have fine thinning hair and even though my hair is APL, my buns come out very small and hungry-looking. I don't like to add hair either, and those sock things and donuts tend to dry out my hair. I am figuring that I will have to get to MBL and beyond before I have enough hair to wind into a decent looking bun. Until then, I'll continue to rock my little mini cinnamon roll-sized bun! :yep:

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
I understand OP, I'm past APL and my hair still acts crazy; no matter how much gel I use, or how long I scarf it, it still ends up with little fly-aways everywhere I know fake hair isn't ideal, but that's your only option until you gain some length. HTH.

lovely_locks

So you guys feel my pain! The crazy thing is my hair is very thick and I relax. My hair pattern must be weird or something lol!

hnntrr

I have the same problem. I hate weaves and wigs and all that stuff, but I did suck it up and get a pony that was really close to my hair so I could have a decent bun.

I dont like wearing fake hair but its done more protecting for my ends than anything else, which is more important to me than anything else.

Wont be wearin any other fake hair but that pony for buns.

lovely_locks

I bunned!!!!

Attachments

• 20130110104800514.jpg
    20130110104800514.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 20130110104904065 (1).jpg
    20130110104904065 (1).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 20130110104904065.jpg
    20130110104904065.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 53

hair4today

I have the same problem. I hate weaves and wigs and all that stuff, but I did suck it up and get a pony that was really close to my hair so I could have a decent bun.

I dont like wearing fake hair but its done more protecting for my ends than anything else, which is more important to me than anything else.

Wont be wearin any other fake hair but that pony for buns.
hnntrr, can you share what the pony looks like or the brand name. I have natural hair and have been on the hunt to find one that isn't so shiny and fake looking. The winters are so harsh, I'd like to baggy my ends under a nice looking ponytail cause I agree with you this would be a great way to protect your ends.

hnntrr

hnntrr, can you share what the pony looks like or the brand name. I have natural hair and have been on the hunt to find one that isn't so shiny and fake looking. The winters are so harsh, I'd like to baggy my ends under a nice looking ponytail cause I agree with you this would be a great way to protect your ends.

It is Bobbi Boss Yaky Pony premium fiber braid 100% toyokalon P1B/33, I got it from Beauty Max for 5 bucks... I got two different colors since the henna streaked my hair so I got like a 1B and then a 1B with some subtle red highlights mixed in..

Its pretty close to my texture flat ironed and its not overly glossy, so all I have to do do get my hair to match more is put some shine/silk serum on my hair (lately I haven't had to cause the coconut butter is sheening my hair enough).

http://www.bobbiboss.com/v2/w/product/view/?cls_code=1&brd_code=29&prd_code=374.