Hairdryer or steamer?

lalla

I'm thinking of buying a hair steamer to DC mostly.
But I'm also considering buying a hair dryer because Ithink it would be a good way to rollerset and dry my hair fast.
I would really like to cut my hair drying time because it takes hours to dry and I tend to wash my hair less often because of that.
I'm also thinking that I could use a hairdryer as a steamer by putting a wet towel on my hair.

I have two questions:

Do you think that a hairdryer can steam as well as a steamer?

Which should I buy?

Salsarisma

^^I have both and can tell you that a dryer cannot steam like a steamer! There is no comparison. I suggest that you buy the dryer. Why? B/c you can dc under the dryer and still get great results...and you can use the dryer for rollersets and to dry your twist/braid-outs faster. I only had a dryer for 9 months and just purchased a steamer. I don't know what I would have done w/o my dryer.

I don't have any recommendations for places to buy. I bought my dryer from Sally's...the Salon Mate one. Good luck.

Janet'

I think that if you could afford both you should get both because they both have their own benefits...

lalla

I've done rollersets twice so far. I've been natural for 5 years.

I think I'll get both.

Thank you.

lalla

^^I have both and can tell you that a dryer cannot steam like a steamer! There is no comparison. I suggest that you buy the dryer. Why? B/c you can dc under the dryer and still get great results...and you can use the dryer for rollersets and to dry your twist/braid-outs faster. I only had a dryer for 9 months and just purchased a steamer. I don't know what I would have done w/o my dryer.

I don't have any recommendations for places to buy. I bought my dryer from Sally's...the Salon Mate one. Good luck.

Does the steamer help with detangling?
Do you have to misturize less often?

Salsarisma

Lala, I definitely notice that detangling is much easier...and after steaming, I can't see any conditioner on my hair, so I'm assuming the absorption is better.

I haven't noticed a need to moisturize less often, but my hair is much softer.

jamaica68

I agree with Salsarisma; since I started steaming 3 weeks ago I've noticed a difference in my hair, my detangling session is shorter.

GlamaDiva

I was literally just debating this...lol..I think I will be purchasing both soon. I have an attachment that i put on my handheld BUT i'm a tad tired of it..