Hairstyle for transitioner with a party

CutiePie0Five

Hi Ladies,

I'm in a bit of a predicament. I'm throwing a party tomorrow to celebrate my birthday early, and I need a hairstyle. Normally, this wouldnt be a problem, because I'd just get a perm and do something fly with it. Plus, I wouldn't have to worry about sweating anything out. However, I'm transitioning, so that narrows down the possibiliites I think.

I want to get a blow-out, but I'm also like damn, I don't want all of my hair straight cuz when I start to sweat from dancing, I'm gonna look like a hot mess. So I was thinking of doing something curly, but I also want to show my length so I can see how much my hair has grown lol (that sounded vain). So maybe something curly on top, straight at the back? No idea...I need help!

Any ideas? Pictures?

CutiePie0Five said:
Hi Ladies,

I'm in a bit of a predicament. I'm throwing a party tomorrow to celebrate my birthday early, and I need a hairstyle. Normally, this wouldnt be a problem, because I'd just get a perm and do something fly with it. Plus, I wouldn't have to worry about sweating anything out. However, I'm transitioning, so that narrows down the possibiliites I think.

I want to get a blow-out, but I'm also like damn, I don't want all of my hair straight cuz when I start to sweat from dancing, I'm gonna look like a hot mess. So I was thinking of doing something curly, but I also want to show my length so I can see how much my hair has grown lol (that sounded vain). So maybe something curly on top, straight at the back? No idea...I need help!

Any ideas? Pictures?

I say try a flexirod set or a braidout. To make sure you keep length put clips on the ends to make sure the hair stretches out a bit (like the duckbill clips if those are wha they r called). Or a half updo with a pontail uptop and the back down.

The only thing that really worked for my hair was the braidout (or a straw or wet set if you have the time).

Attached is a photo of a braid out, 11 months into my transition.

Attachments

• DSCN4573 edit.JPG
    DSCN4573 edit.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 35
Why don't you do a rollerset without combing the curls out... After your hair dries in rollers, take the rollers out and separate each curl into 3 with your fingers. That will be cute! Plus, I did this style back when I was a transitioner. ;)

braid outs would work really well. I use to wear braid outs often. Could you do your hair in 2 strand twists?

Braidouts are really pretty and sexy. I make 9 braids on each side of my head because my hair is thick. The key is to get each section really smooth with a denman brush before braiding. Then you can put a perm rod on the ends since you have straight ends.

I'd go for a spiral set, back in my clubbing days that was the only hairstyle that still looked cute when I left

Cheleigh said:
The only thing that really worked for my hair was the braidout (or a straw or wet set if you have the time).

Attached is a photo of a braid out, 11 months into my transition.

That was a braid out? That was pretty!!!

cincybrownsugar said:
I'd go for a spiral set, back in my clubbing days that was the only hairstyle that still looked cute when I left

cincybrownsugar,

how do you do a spiral set?

I agree with the twist/braid out idea...so when you wake up the next day, you'll still have a cute style....I have pictures of both in my album and Im almost 11 months.
Good Luck!
ETA: cincybrownsugar, where do you get your scarves?

caligirl said:
cincybrownsugar,

how do you do a spiral set?

I'll attach part of a how to I did for a straw set, it shows how I roll my hair. I do the same for a spiral set except I use perm rods. HTH!

1st I put roller paper on the end of the hair

mscounselor said:
I agree with the twist/braid out idea...so when you wake up the next day, you'll still have a cute style....I have pictures of both in my album and Im almost 11 months.
Good Luck!
ETA: cincybrownsugar, where do you get your scarves?

I've bought them at family dollar and New York & Co. The one in the siggy is from New York & Co., normally at the end of the summer the older styles are marked down.

Back