Hairstyles for SL - BSL hair

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Hi Ladies,

Geez, I haven't posted a thread in this forum in years!!! Anyways, I am about to commit hairicide if I don't get some more hairstyles. I have five styles:

1. Out and parted to the right
2. A ponytail
3. A bun
4. The wet look
5. Occasionally I do pigtails :look:

I'd love to perfect an updo, or fancy bun, messy curls, soft curls, SOMETHING!!! Perhaps you all can post your favorite styles that you do with some instructions.

PLEASE HELP!!!! MY SIDE PART IS SO BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PH

P.s. I enclosed a larger pic of my boring part. And the dude is not my DH. That's the baby's godfather.

Everything Zen

Ummm well I'm sorry I don't own a camera or even a cell phone with one to show this but what I wear most of the time is a coiled pin up braid style because I wash and airdry most days out of the week than not.

After finishing up in the shower, I make a part down the middle and braid each side into a separate braid. Then simply pin one side up opposite the other side near the base of the braid. My hair is slightly past BSL now so I have to wrap the braid around each other so they look like and infinity symbol. This only takes two bobby pins and I only need my fingers to braid. The front is smoothed back and I wrap a pretty headband/scarf around the top and I'm out the door. It's not the most glamorous style ever but it works for the daily cowash.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Ummm well I'm sorry I don't own a camera or even a cell phone with one to show this but what I wear most of the time is a coiled pin up braid style because I wash and airdry most days out of the week than not.

After finishing up in the shower, I make a part down the middle and braid each side into a separate braid. Then simply pin one side up opposite the other side near the base of the braid. My hair is slightly past BSL now so I have to wrap the braid around each other so they look like and infinity symbol. This only takes two bobby pins and I only need my fingers to braid. The front is smoothed back and I wrap a pretty headband/scarf around the top and I'm out the door. It's not the most glamorous style ever but it works for the daily cowash.

I will try this, thank you!!! :yep:

LaidBak

-A French Twist (French Roll)
-A Southern Tease Bun
-Check out the thread "52 weeks of protective styles" There are some awesome ideas there, with interpretations for various lengths.
-Throw some flowers in your bun to spice it up.
-Use outfit coordinated headbands
-Try pincurls

HTH

LunadeMiel

Bonjour Belle,
Have you tried flexi rods? When I was relaxed I used them when I wanted a curly look. You can make them as tight or as loose as you want.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
-A French Twist (French Roll)
-A Southern Tease Bun
-Check out the thread "52 weeks of protective styles" There are some awesome ideas there, with interpretations for various lengths.
-Throw some flowers in your bun to spice it up.
-Use outfit coordinated headbands
-Try pincurls

HTH

Thanks a bunch! I will go search for it now!!!

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Bonjour Belle,
Have you tried flexi rods? When I was relaxed I used them when I wanted a curly look. You can make them as tight or as loose as you want.

I will try those as well. If I part my hair one more time :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Thanks!

tapioca_pudding

Flexi Rods, braid outs, twist outs, curl formers, messy bun, side ponytail, bantu knot out...

Click to enlarge, a couple cute hairstyles I like :yep:

Attachments

• center part.JPG
    center part.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 18
  • curly.JPG
    curly.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 21
  • pinned up.JPG
    pinned up.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 15

Whimsy

How about braidouts? that's my go-to easy style. You can pin it up on day 2 for a cute updo.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
How about braidouts? that's my go-to easy style. You can pin it up on day 2 for a cute updo.

So I just braid my hair and take it out? That makes my hair look like Diana Ross'. :lachen:I guess my technique (as usual) isn't that great.

jujubelle

you can get J. Lo's style by using conair hotsticks. My hair comes out like that everytime when I use them.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
you can get J. Lo's style by using conair hotsticks. My hair comes out like that everytime when I use them.

Welcome to the board newbie!!! :grin:

I will look into that. I have a list of 50-11 things I need to buy. DH says I can buy them all, but not expect to go away on vacation. :blush: