HairVeda Cocasta Shikakai Oil...Any Reviews??

MizzBrown

Just wanted to get a couple more reviews on this oil before I drop $26.65 on it....I always said I wasn't Indian and wasn't bout to jump on the bandwagon but I like oils. So i may try.

Is this 16 oz bottle of oil worth it or are there alternative oils that would work just as well?

How all yall ladies using it? Any reviews would be great before i let the PJ in me take over.

The Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulsis, Acacia Concinna Oil, Bacopa Monniera Oil, Emblica Officianalis Fruit Oil, Azadirachta Indica Seed Oil, Fragrance.

What are all those oils? Why do they sound so fancy?

TIA!

ThatJerseyGirl

wow..i can't even pronounce some of those oils...:lachen: wonder if they are the same oils that we use, only written differently as per the Indian culture.... I think I will google each one to see what their significance is.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I'm just as lost as you are, but it sounds good! :lol:

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread cause this oil's on my wishlist. I know Pokahontas uses and loves it. Her and a few other members (can't remember who, sorry!) said it's not like a normal oil. It has a different consistancy and texture than any other oil. That right there piqued my interest. That and the fact that I KNOW it smells good, all of BJ's products smell delicous!

I'm sure it'd be worth it :yep:

Last edited:

MizzBrown

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I'm just as lost as you are, but it sounds good! :lol:

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread cause this oil's on my wishlist. I know Pokahontas uses and loves it. Her and a few other members (can't remember who, sorry!) said it's not like a normal oil. It has a different consistancy and texture than any other oil. That right there piqued my interest. That and the fact that I KNOW it smells good, all of BJ's products smell delicous!

I'm sure it'd be worth it :yep

Who is BJ? A member here who created it? What does her hair look like?:look:

HERicane10

Just wanted to get a couple more reviews on this oil before I drop $26.65 on it....I always said I wasn't Indian and wasn't bout to jump on the bandwagon but I like oils. So i may try.

Is this 16 oz bottle of oil worth it or are there alternative oils that would work just as well?

How all yall ladies using it? Any reviews would be great before i let the PJ in me take over.

The Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis Seed Oil,Castor Oil Prunus Amygdalus Dulsis, Almond oilAcacia Concinna OilShikakai, Bacopa Monniera Oil,Guto Kola Emblica Officianalis Fruit OilAmla, Azadirachta Indica Seed OilNeem, Fragrance.

TIA!

So you can't make your own! :lachen::lachen:

i have this oil and tried is as a sealent and over night pre-poo. i didnt like it like that mainly because the scent is overly sweet, literally makes my stomach turn. i only use it to mix in with BT. when used this way, it softens my new growth and keeps my scalp from becoming dry.

MizzBrown

i have this oil and tried is as a sealent and over night pre-poo. i didnt like it like that mainly because the scent is overly sweet, literally makes my stomach turn. i only use it to mix in with BT. when used this way, it softens my new growth and keeps my scalp from becoming dry.

Hmmm to sweet huh? Like Kemi Oyl too sweet? That stuff smells like kool-aid and candy.

BillyJay

Hi MizzBrown!

The CoCasta Shikakai Oil smells like Fruity Ginger (spicy/fruity, mildly sweet). The oils in the blend include Castor, Brahmi, Neem, Amla, Sweet Almond, Neem, and some extracts, ect. It also comes with an information packet.

My fotki & pw is in my profile!

Night Ladies!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Who is BJ? A member here who created it? What does her hair look like?:look:

Yep, she's a member and she created HairVeda :yep: Her full sn is BillyJay. She does have a fotki, but I'm too lazy to look in anyones fotki, so I have no clue how her hair looks :lol:

ETA: Whoops, too late! :)

Last edited:

MizzBrown

Hi MizzBrown!

The CoCasta Shikakai Oil smells like Fruity Ginger (spicy/fruity, mildly sweet). The oils in the blend include Castor, Brahmi, Neem, Amla, Sweet Almond, Neem, and some extracts, ect. It also comes with an information packet.

My fotki & pw is in my profile!

Night Ladies!

Thanks! I promptly stalked your fotki!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas

The Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulsis, Acacia Concinna Oil, Bacopa Monniera Oil, Emblica Officianalis Fruit Oil, Azadirachta Indica Seed Oil, Fragrance.

TIA!
Maybe just try the 8 oz. since you're just trying the product out. You had me all confused like where is she coming up with $26 from, mine was nowhere near that much, then I had to go back to the site and I see that the 8 oz. is $11 and the 16 is $20. The oil is very concentrated so a little will go a very long way. My 8 oz. should last me a looooong time. I only need a couple drops to get my hair covered.

I did a review a few days ago and some other ladies came in and gave theirs as well.

pet

Well, I have been using Cocasta Shikakai Herbal Hair Oil for about 5 months, and I LOVE IT. It gives my hair a shine like nobody's business. Also, my hair doesn't like oil (it usually just sits on top of it and make it greasy), and this was the first oil that I used that my hair drank up. It has made my hair a lot stronger and thicker.

The member profile that you should look at is Lavender's: http://public.fotki.com/Lavendar2/

Her password is: hibiscus

She's the one that introduced me to this hair oil, and looking at where she started and where she is now is an inspiration. I'm suprised she hasn't responded to this thread yet!

HTH!

Eisani

B-o-m-b for scalp massages and it lasts a LONG time. I bought the 8 oz back in Sept or Oct of last yr and just ran out not too long ago. Smells wonderful (as does everything I've tried of hers) and my scalp would feel so stimulated after using-like I could feel my hair growing :lachen:Also liked using a tad on my ends in the winter when wearing straight styles.

Dposh167

i have this oil and i actually like the scent. mines not too strong. I usually use it to seal before i wrap at nite and thats bout it. Its pretty good during my 10 weeks post hair. btw. I think u can request fragrance free or lightly fragranced if u email her