Hand Lotion for healthy hair?

Lovelylocs

Here is a recipe that I got from TLHS..
Dandruff Treatment for Dry Hair
Brush hair to remove loose dirt and flakes.
Heat four tablespoons of hand lotion for twenty seconds in a microwave.
With a clean, 1-inch paintbrush, paint warmed hand and body lotion into the hair and massage into scalp.
Wrap a hot, wet towel around head for twenty minutes.
Wash out hair with sinc pyrithione shampoo.
http://www.tlhs.org/carprod.html

What do u think?
I think I wanna try it the next time I shampoo!

I've thought about just putting it in there straight to help my dry scalp. I remember that my family always put baby lotion on the babies in our family's hair so I guess that it is pretty safe.

morehairplease

uncutandgettinglonger said:
I've thought about just putting it in there straight to help my dry scalp. I remember that my family always put baby lotion on the babies in our family's hair so I guess that it is pretty safe.

This is exactly what my mom did to us.

bajanplums1

when i was in high school, this portuguese girl suggested that I put body lotion in my hair. She said she put it in her hair everyday. I thought she was nuts, now I realize she might have been on to something.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
When I was growing up a friend of mine used to use vaseline intensive care on the little girl she babysitted. I guess you do have to be careful. There are special forumlas to harden nails, minimize hair and what not...

Enchantmt said:
When I was growing up a friend of mine used to use vaseline intensive care on the little girl she babysitted. I guess you do have to be careful. There are special forumlas to harden nails, minimize hair and what not...
Yeah, that would make sense. You wouldn't want to put a lotion in your har that would deplete it.

I think that I might ive the hand/baby lotion a try.

sereia

recently I used my bodylotion (no mineral oils, with glycerine and natural oils) as a moisturizer because I ran out of my usual one and it was great! My hair was soft but not sticky or greasy (the lotion is for normal skin ;-) ). Now I use it instead of oil after washing.

glamazon386

I'll never forget this girl that I went to elem school that had such pretty hair and she said she put lotion in it. Of course when I tried to go home and do the same my mother almost whooped my tail. :lol: Maybe there was some truth to it after all. Hmmm...