Hard Water (One of the Unrecognized Saboteurs of Hair Growth) Map. Take A Look!

NaturalfienD

Stumbled on this thread … the Culligan man is coming out to test my water and discuss how much a water softener rental costs per month. I can't wait until Monday … I hope it's not too expensive.

faithVA

I just bought a Sprite Handheld shower head today. Will put it up tomorrow and see how my hair turns out. I will either wash tomorrow night or do my usual sunday wash.

faithVA

I never did update. I haven't noticed any major difference with the water filter :ohwell: I noticed more difference switching from shampoo to cleansing conditioner. I didn't really think it would help but it was worth a shot.

Valerie

As a final rinse, I rinse my hair with cooled boiled water and aloe vera juice and that has helped a lot.

NaturalfienD

I live in apartments and unable to get a water softener cuz of a water valve situation. Since the water softener didn't happen, I've been filling up jugs of distilled water for a quarter.

Am I doing too much? Eh, maybe …

Do I notice a difference? Yes …

My hair doesn't look so dull to me and my scalp doesn't itch like it used to. I can tell you that my water is hard per the Culligan man so my neuroses of going to the corner store every other day for that DW refill is justified … :)

temfash

I live in the UK hard water capital LOL, doing my final rinse with a heavily diluted ACV spring water/ deionised water rinse this has been one of the best things that has happened to my hair. I've noticed less tangles and less breakage and my hair seems to be retaining moisture so no more chronic dryness. I have also incorporated ORS aloe chelating shampoo monthly.

nomadpixi

Bumping, Live in Australia and the water here is causing scale on the shower door-and probably my hair. Going to try the ACV rinse and distilled water route. Lost ALL of last years growth to knots, and I am willing to try anything.

lamaria211

I just bought filters for my sink and showers for this reason. I was using hard Water conditioners but I figure its best to eliminate the problem instead of trying to fix it after it occurs. I'm much happier now, my hair feels so much softer and moisturized