Has anybody used this Joie MyGel?

KrystalClear

http://www.joienaturals.com/product.sc;jsessionid=071E01727187590BD626D0F615D3CB0D.qscstrfrnt05?productId=1&categoryId=2

This Hair Gel is a companion to our Let it Grow Shampoo and Moisturizing Cream Rinse. It is an advanced formulation of natural plant, oils, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and herbal extracts that work together to stimulate natural hair growth, to prevent hair loss or thinning and give hair a new inner strength that makes it grow thicker, richer and healthier. It is also an excellent styling gel. Ingredients: A water based gel containing oils of Coconut, Olive, Safflower, Peach basil and Aloe; African Shea Butter; extracts of Calendula flowers, Coltsfoot, Horsetail, Birch, Neem, Rosemary and Onions; plant proteins, vegetable placenta extract, Biotin, d-Panthenol, vegetable glycerin, essential oil of Rose and natural preservatives with vitamins A, B, C and E.

It sounds very yummy as far as ingredients go. I saw a youtuber using it, but she said it was too heavy for her hair. Maybe for 4a/4b hair it would be perfect if you're looking for a gel that is more natural and can slick hair down. I'm thinking about ordering it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

robot.

i'd buy it. it does sound nice.

eta: minus that "vegetable placenta." :perplexed i have never seen that on a label before.

faithVA

I picked this up at the Baltimore Hair show today. It is very solid and it does feel heavy. It reminds me of the Jam gel.

The directions are interesting
"Apply evenly and directly to the scalp with special attention to areas of poor hair growth or thinning hair. Massage in well and style. For greater styling effect, please use MyGel Extra Hold."

I am a bit confused by the directions. It doesn't sound like it is supposed to be applied to the hair but applied to the scalp.

I will try it on the front of my hair tomorrow after shampooing. My temples are thin and the front is just a frizzy, fuzzy, soft mass of whatever. So I will see if it works there.

crumbling_images

http://www.joienaturals.com/product.sc;jsessionid=071E01727187590BD626D0F615D3CB0D.qscstrfrnt05?productId=1&categoryId=2

This Hair Gel is a companion to our Let it Grow Shampoo and Moisturizing Cream Rinse. It is an advanced formulation of natural plant, oils, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and herbal extracts that work together to stimulate natural hair growth, to prevent hair loss or thinning and give hair a new inner strength that makes it grow thicker, richer and healthier. It is also an excellent styling gel. Ingredients: A water based gel containing oils of Coconut, Olive, Safflower, Peach basil and Aloe; African Shea Butter; extracts of Calendula flowers, Coltsfoot, Horsetail, Birch, Neem, Rosemary and Onions; plant proteins, vegetable placenta extract, Biotin, d-Panthenol, vegetable glycerin, essential oil of Rose and natural preservatives with vitamins A, B, C and E.

It sounds very yummy as far as ingredients go. I saw a youtuber using it, but she said it was too heavy for her hair. Maybe for 4a/4b hair it would be perfect if you're looking for a gel that is more natural and can slick hair down. I'm thinking about ordering it. :rolleyes:

I wrote a brief review in my Fotki album about this product. It's not a bad product. It works like an expensive Jam Gel. It can get really greasy if too much is used.

5/30/10 I've used this gel for two weeks now. It works just like Hicks Transformation Gel, KeraCare Edge Tamer, and Jam GEL but it lasts much longer and the ingredients are "better". So far, I'm loving this gel.

so1913

Bump!

Curious to see if anyone is using this. I purchased African Formulas Super Grow Hair Gel http://www.genuineafricanformula.co...oducts_id=44&zenid=sm140aihpgiu91pi4aeudi85h0 which is supposed to be the exact same thing as this (from what I gather, partners split into the two companies and both manufacture the gel). Of course, the PJ in me felt the need to order Joie Naturals My Gel to compare myself (smh). I am using it as an edge control gel and figured it's claims would be an extra bonus in keeping my hairline healthy and maybe even fill in my right temple area which has always been thinnest compared to any other part of my head.

So far it's been a good alternative to petroleum and mineral oil based edge control pomades and gels, but love to read others experiences with the product.