Has anyone ever did a Cassia Gloss????

luvmesumhair

I know there are a lot of Henna Gloss recipies out there but has anyone ever did a Cassia Gloss?

I love Cassia but wondered if I could achieve the same results doing a gloss as well.:look:

I plan to do a cassia gloss. I believe Lavendar has a gloss recipe in her fotki. I don't remember if it uses cassia or henna. I will use cassia. I'm going to search for it.

I plan to do a cassia gloss. I believe Lavendar has a gloss recipe in her fotki. I don't remember if it uses cassia or henna. I will use cassia. I'm going to search for it.

I used both cassia and henna following Lav's recipe.

Interchangeable except using cassia except you don't have to wait for the dye release

and I don't wait for the dye release anyway with the henna as I use it for other than achieving color.

I do. I love 'em. My mix includes amla, brahmi and maka in a base of cholesterol conditioner with a dollop of coconut oil for good measure. I sometimes dc for 5 hours...as a result, my hair shines, is strengthened, curls are stretched...I've been doing this for almost a year, now. I haven't hennaed since i've adopted cassia glossing.

HTH!

MonaLisa
Does it matter if I use amla powder or amla oil?

hmmm..

I have put in a dash of amla in the past or added some Vatika oil to the mix...

but isn't amla acidic (I understand that it helps with color release, but that would be with henna, why use with cassia? and with henna, the color is gonna release anyway and I sometimes think with henna, it may contribute to additional dryness of hair)

...and I wondered why was it necessary to add a whole bunch of other ayurvedic powders to a cassia/henna treatment..

when it seems, to meeee...emphasis..to meeee.. that simply the cassia/henna, hot water and perhaps the addition of the conditioner/oils seem to suffice.

The only amla oil i had...was that dabur and it has mineral oil in it..
it's still sitting in inventory.. so I didn't use with either the cassia or henna treatments.

Someone else may be able to chime in on which is better to use...it's just not for me so I'm not sure now why I even answered this question :lol:

my bad cuz.. :lol:

^^It was helpful. I think I will do it without the amla. Yeah the whole reason for using cassia is I don't want the color like what you get with henna. Not an issue with cassia so no need for something acidic. Thanks. I think I will do the cassia gloss next week.

^^It was helpful. I think I will do it without the amla. Yeah the whole reason for using cassia is I don't want the color like what you get with henna. Not an issue with cassia so no need for something acidic. Thanks. I think I will do the cassia gloss next week.

Lovely, let me know how it goes.:yep:

Sometime simple mixtures work just as effectively.

Lovely, let me know how it goes.:yep:

Sometime simple mixtures work just as effectively.

I agree. For Henna I only use a little ACV (1/4 cup of ACV) and the rest Distilled water until I get the right texture. For Cassia, Just Distilled water. Thats it!

Back