has anyone had stitches/injury to scalp?

FineChyna

i just had surgery to remove tumor under my scalp toward the based of the hair line and the doctor not only had to shave the hair off in the spot he had to make the incision there as well. now this might not be a problem if i wore my hair down alot but i almost always wear my hair in up do's cause it fits my face shape better. i look silly with my hair down

does anyone know if the hair will grow back on the area where the stitches are? for now i am stuck wearing scarves and hats cause my head is so tender i can't even finger comb it. i tried keep it moisterized as well but that was a bigger task then i expected since my head is swore and i am worn out from the surgery. any thoughts on my new hair loss.

my bother got stitches in his head like three years ago.he got into a car accident and the glass cut his head up in the front he got the stitches removed after three weeks. it grew back in about 2 months but he had a regular fade or whatever but i think the growth was normal.

i will make my story brief. when i was in the 4th rade i was hit in the head with a rock. well, the rock fractured my skull and i had to have surgery immediately. i recieved staples horizontally across my upper crown. my hair has never grown back in that area. the hair folicles were permenately damages. i don't know about stitches but staples will permenately damage the hair folicle.

I tripped and fell into the tub once. I had a small gash in the back of my head. That area of my head is hairless because of scar tissue.

[ QUOTE ]
oregonchick97266 said:
i will make my story brief. when i was in the 4th rade i was hit in the head with a rock. well, the rock fractured my skull and i had to have surgery immediately. i recieved staples horizontally across my upper crown. my hair has never grown back in that area. the hair folicles were permenately damages. i don't know about stitches but staples will permenately damage the hair folicle.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sister had brain surgery as a baby and where the went in and added her shunt the hair has never gotten longer than about 2 or 3 inches. I think they used stitches and not staples, though.

HTH
ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
FineChyna said:
i just had surgery to remove tumor under my scalp toward the based of the hair line and the doctor not only had to shave the hair off in the spot he had to make the incision there as well. now this might not be a problem if i wore my hair down alot but i almost always wear my hair in up do's cause it fits my face shape better. i look silly with my hair down

does anyone know if the hair will grow back on the area where the stitches are? for now i am stuck wearing scarves and hats cause my head is so tender i can't even finger comb it. i tried keep it moisterized as well but that was a bigger task then i expected since my head is swore and i am worn out from the surgery. any thoughts on my new hair loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you came through the surgery all right. My advice would be just to give that spot time. You'll have your answer in a few weeks or so anyway. Just take some time to baby yourself right now.

FineChyna, I am sorry to hear that you had to endure that, but thank God you came through the surgery well. Maybe you can consult your surgeon to ask about recommedning a dermatologist, I'm sure they could recommend something to help with growing your hair back in that area-something that will be effective but that won't irritate the area or be too strong. Take care during your healing phase.

I had a surgery on my head 2 months ago. I contracted a staph infection, and it created cysts that became hard and had to be removed. My doctor used a #7 scalpel and sliced into my head in 2 spots. Since she had to cut out the cysts, I had 2 open wounds that she packed with gauze for 2 weeks and I wore a head bandage and looked like a wounded soldier for a while. I didn't get stiches because the wound was very large. the wound has since closed up, but is still tender sometimes. Since this just happened, I can't tell you if the hair will grow back at the same rate. I don't have hair there yet, because the wound is just really closing up. I hope that I do get hair 2 grown there. I hope the same for you too. Luckily mine were in the top and back of my head, and my afro covers the bald spots.

i have seizures and ovr the summer i had one where i fell in the tub and hit h side of my head near the edges, te area was badly bruised and the hair that fell out in that area has never grown back. my doctor said that somtimes the trauma is so severe it kills the nerve endings and that's why hair doesn't grow back...

I was in a car accident 12 years ago... I had a cut in the back of my head, 1.5 inches in length, 1 inch in dept. I got stitches and and my hair was shaved in the area. While the hair grew back, to this day I still get "phantom" pains - more like the itchies - in that spot. Sometimes the nerves are damaged, my hair texture in that area is completly different.
The important thing is that you are here! Peace & blessings!

About 11 years ago, I hit my head on a screw that was sticking out of a shelf. I didn't get stitches but the hair in that spot has not fully grown back. I have a little peach fuzz but when I pull my hair back the spot is visible.

Back