has anyone heard of NuExpressions Carrot Oil

E

EbonyRose

Has anyone heard of Nuexpressions Carrot Oil? If so, what do you think? I got some from a beautician before i deployed, to help make my hair soft and to moisturize with. I haven't really used it and now, I'm wondering should I. The ingredients are:
petroleum, mineral oil,coconut oil, sesame oil, maleated soybean oil, gelatin, carrot oil, shea butter, vit a and d, safflower oil, goldendseal extract, ginseng extract, sheep sorrell, yarrow, wheat germ, slippery elm bark, sage, henna, comfrey, burdock root, cherry bark, black walnut, chamomile, alfalfa, hyssop, and fragrance.

I'm wondering because even after i wash my hair and after it air dries, if feels hard. I use a moisturizer while it is drying but i get the same effect. It feels like a brillo pad :eek: :perplexed . I use keracare hydrating shampoo and ketoconazole for a dermatitis 2wice a week and I deep condition every time with the humecto conditioner followed by keraphix. I use an eo cocktail and a daily moisturizer everyday until the next wash. If I don't braid it but just let it air dry, i get the brillo effect. If I braid it and continue the moisture then, it feels soft once i unbraid it--but i'm not for usre how long it takes for the softness to set in.

Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

dlewis

I would be careful of using the petroleum and mineral oil because they can coat the hair so that moisture can't get to the hair strands.

Miss*Tress

I used ORS Olive Oil the other day and it made my ends crunchy. It has petroleum in it.

I highly recommend ORS Carrot Oil: most of the ingredients are natural and it's light enough to use every day and not leave loads of horrible residue on the hair. It does not contain either petroleum or mineral oil.