Has Anyone Tried Aloe Vera Gel as a Setting Lotion

SherryLove

If so, what were your results. I am thinking of applying organic aloe vera gel to my hair before I rollerset......

tc_333

I've tried it only for slicking back my hair, but for the most part, I use it on my skin. If you try it before your roller set, please let us know how it turns out!

Tara

Hi,

I've only used it to set my twists for twist out. I really liked it at first but then I found it drying over time (the pure Aloe Vera Gel) but I'm not sure if this is because I have color or not. I know there are other ladies who use it regularly with no problems.

SherryLove

tc --- I used it as a setting lotion this past Saturday. My hair came out so soft and bouncy it was unbelievable.
I couldn't stop touching it.....I used the organic aloe vera gel by Aubrey Organics........I am going to alternate it with my regular leave in.....

SherryLove35

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
SherryLove said:
I used it as a setting lotion this past Saturday. My hair came out so soft and bouncy it was unbelievable.
I couldn't stop touching it.....I used the organic aloe vera gel by Aubrey Organics........I am going to alternate it with my regular leave in.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never used something like this as a leave-in. Like TC, I would use it to slick my hair back. Did you mix it with water and spray it on, or just apply it and roll your hair? What is your regular leave in?

NayNay

Hmmm I have some pure aloe vera gel too and thought of using it as a setting gel. Is this the type that is edible as well? I purchased mine from a health food store.
More details please ladies! Did you add water and set your hair without anything else. What was the consistency (parts water and aloe gel) THANKS!

SherryLove

I applied a generious amount of it (alone) to my hair... My regular leave in is Giovanni Direct Stay in conditioner.

SherryLove

Honi

There is no board.
I've only used it to slick the edges back. I've used the one that is sold in the pharmacy for sunburns and stuff.

patticake

has anyone purchased Suave Aloe Vera Gel? it's the only kind i can seem to find!
i'm scared to buy it though because i think it might dry my hair and make it brittle like other gels.

SherryLove

I believe the synthetic additives is what makes it so drying.....Pure aloe vera gel is about ninety percent water.

SherryLove

BronxDiva

I tried it with GNC's Aloe vera gel $2.99 8 o.z. and it worked wonders my hair was so soft and shiney. I lved it. It didnt dry hard or flake
Thanks for the tip