Has anyone tried the new Conair flatiron (Infiniti Nano Silver SS9)?

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I know I do not need another flat iron and I usually do not buy Conair products, but this new flatiron looks nice. I am curious if anyone has used it, especially if you have 4B hair.

It seems to have a similar concept to the Maxiglide. However, instead of the tiny pins that used to tear my hair, this one has little combs that may be gentler. I am seriously considering it. Amazon is selling it for $69.99 (with $10 coupon) with free shipping, which is the best price I have seen yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Infiniti-Conair-SS9-Silver-Straightner/dp/B00132TISE

Last edited:

taj

No, I don't have the new Conair flat iron. I'm going to purchase the Solia (Tourmaline Ceramic Ion). It has all of the features that I want. This will be my first purchase because I don't own a flat iron.

Black Hoya Chick

No, I don't have the new Conair flat iron. I'm going to purchase the Solia (Tourmaline Ceramic Ion). It has all of the features that I want. This will be my first purchase because I don't own a flat iron.

i have the solia (1 3/4 in. plates cuz my hair is getting longer and has always been thick, thicker now that i am transitioning to natural). i bought it in the summer and i love it like its my child. lol. it won't let you down. so worth the money. :yep:

HeavenlySkies

Left my hair softer than the CHI with the same amount of straightness...also said on site that it's safe to use everyday (if you must). Just ordered a SEDU anyway so will let u know if there's a diff.

I know I do not need another flat iron and I usually do not buy Conair products, but this new flatiron looks nice. I am curious if anyone has used it, especially if you have 4B hair.

It seems to have a similar concept to the Maxiglide. However, instead of the tiny pins that used to tear my hair, this one has little combs that may be gentler. I am seriously considering it. Amazon is selling it for $79.99, which is the best price I have seen yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Infiniti-Conair-SS9-Silver-Straightner/dp/B00132TISE

As far as the lil combs there's a slide on the back of the flat iron that lets you have the combs or not.

Last edited:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Thanks, Moustacy.

I currently own a Solia and I like it, but I really liked the steam I had with the Maxiglide and the idea of the combs.

taj

i have the solia (1 3/4 in. plates cuz my hair is getting longer and has always been thick, thicker now that i am transitioning to natural). i bought it in the summer and i love it like its my child. lol. it won't let you down. so worth the money. :yep:

Thank you, that's great to know!!:yep: I still haven't used my flat iron, but I will soon. I bought it based upon the features and positive reviews on the website.