Hask Placenta and SD alcohol 40

beana3

last night i used the hask plaenta leave in treatment for my roller set and my hair is sooo smooth and shiny and it even straightened out the roots a bit. I've used this product before (at the rec of my friend) and i never noticd any negatives about it.. except if you spray too much itll weigh the hair down.
I'm am concerned however with the ingredients, the second one is SDalcohol 40, and i'm wondering if that is a BAD or drying alcohol. It gave my hair slip and didn't feel drying as i applied it, it acually made my hair incredibly smooth. this product is unparalleled when it comes to duplicating the fesh out the salon look, and i would hate to give it up b/c its secretly drying my hair out.
BTW my hair feels very moisturized today, what gives???

VALLEYGIRL

SD Alcohol 40 is one of the drying alcohols. Most hairsprays have this as an ingredient.
I have also used this Hask product before (only once or twice) and noticed no negative side effects.
I stopped using it b/c of the SD Alcohol in it.
But if it works for you and you don't notice any dryness then I am not going to say stop using it. But if you do down the line notice any dryness then you would know one possible place it may be coming from.
Are you using it along with something else that may be moisturising? Maybe thats why you dont notice any dryness.
HTH
Valleygirl

beana3

thanks valleygirl.. I think i'll continue to use it for rollersets, but if i notice any dryness down the line i'll stop. i think it really is a good product, something i can keep around and KNOW i'll get a good rollerset out of... I just don't get it /images/graemlins/confused.gif, My hair has more shine and smoothness to it w/ this product than ever....

Tracy

Great advice from Valleygirl...just wanted to add...

You could also rotate it in and out of your regime - as your hair tires of it use something else and then go back to it in a few weeks. I do this with products I really love.