Have any naturals tried a cuticle sealer?

yardyspice

This is probably a stupid question but I have to ask: can I use a cuticle sealer on natural hair for smoothness and shine? I started wondering about this after reading this. Could a cuticle sealer like the Joico prevent tangles by smoothing the raised scales on curly hair? I apologize in advance if this has been discussed but I did a search and couldn't find anything. Looking forward to your insight ladies.

I use a monthly ACV rinse as my cuticle sealer and whenever I wet my hair in the shower, for shampooing or conditioning, the last thing I do is rinse it in cold water, which also seals the cuticle.

I've never tried a commercial product though, so I cant help with that.

I use cuticle sealer. I used it when I was transistioning but of course not often. I use it now that I am natural too. I love this stuff! It helps with softness and moisture for me. I have only used it twice as a natural once every two weeks.

I use cuticle sealer. I used it when I was transistioning but of course not often. I use it now that I am natural too. I love this stuff! It helps with softness and moisture for me. I have only used it twice as a natural once every two weeks.

Which one did you use and did it make your hair shiny?

Back