Have to find a WHOLE NEW REGIMEN and I AM NOT EXCITED *VENT*

brownsugarflyygirl

So after months of experimentation to perfect my regimen and then two years of healthy hair success, I have to start all over :wallbash:

I am not happy right now :crybaby:

I have decided to be a heat stretched natural and wear my hair mostly straight which requires a brand new flatiron, blow dryer, and deep conditioning treatments. I tried doing it without the changes and my hair is like :naughty: :hammer:

So now I am off to dig through threads, test products, experiment, research appliances, all over again *Sigh*

Vent Over

All I can say is, make sure you get the best products/tools available. I don't ever use heat, but if I did I'd want to be as protected as possible so that I didn't cause heat damage. Unless that's what your going for. Anyway, definitely make sure your protein is on point, your hair is moisturized before you straighten (after will cause reversion), and that your heat protectant is a true protectant, not just some silk drops.

I've seen a lot of people have good results with Aveda. Have you checked out the naturals that straighten thread that Pinkskates started?

All I can say is, make sure you get the best products/tools available. I don't ever use heat, but if I did I'd want to be as protected as possible so that I didn't cause heat damage. Unless that's what your going for. Anyway, definitely make sure your protein is on point, your hair is moisturized before you straighten (after will cause reversion), and that your heat protectant is a true protectant, not just some silk drops.

I've seen a lot of people have good results with Aveda. Have you checked out the naturals that straighten thread that Pinkskates started?

I have read it in the past but need to go back and reread it again. I have the Sabino Moisture Block but I have been MIA from the boards so I need to read updates on people's results with the product. I may look into Chi Silk Infusion instead. I think Aveda may be the way to go - I am strongly considering getting the Damage Remedy line and may get the Dry Remedy line to rotate. It just sooooo much money - my hair is spoiled :ohwell:

I have read it in the past but need to go back and reread it again. I have the Sabino Moisture Block but I have been MIA from the boards so I need to read updates on people's results with the product. I may look into Chi Silk Infusion instead. I think Aveda may be the way to go - I am strongly considering getting the Damage Remedy line and may get the Dry Remedy line to rotate. It just sooooo much money - my hair is spoiled :ohwell:

I think it may be worth the money in this case.

From reading people's reviews, I'm pretty sure Chi isn't a real heat protectant but that the silk works to protect against heat. I think you should go for something that is a true slicone barrier that can withstand heat up to 450 degrees. I *think* fhi hot sauce can do that but you should double check. And definitely read up on the SMB because I've seen mixed reviews of it. I don't know that it is a true heat protectant, but I could be wrong.

I just think it's so important to use a true heat protectant that is designed to withstand heat, if you want to avoid damage. I don't even use heat but I pay attention to the threads just in case.

check out Traycee @ KISS, she has a separate reggi (produts included) for whenever she uses heat, though she's relaxed....:ohwell:, but it my help.

Keep me posted. I always loved, loved, loved your hair! If I was natural I'd probably wear it heat stretched at least every other week.

Hi wheezy and ajoyfuljoy :wave:

Thanks ladies for the encouragement!!! I really appreciate it. I will read up on those threads regarding SMB, Chi, and FHI Hot Sauce.

I spent two hours reading Pink Skates thread yesterday and that helped a lot. Thanks for reminding me of that thread MSA.

HairDrama your hair is Gawgeous!! Hmmmm...it is feeling like creamy crack inspiration right now. Like hmmm...my hair would probably look close to that if I relaxed......

I will keep you ladies updated.

Hi wheezy and ajoyfuljoy :wave:

Thanks ladies for the encouragement!!! I really appreciate it. I will read up on those threads regarding SMB, Chi, and FHI Hot Sauce.

I spent two hours reading Pink Skates thread yesterday and that helped a lot. Thanks for reminding me of that thread MSA.

HairDrama your hair is Gawgeous!! Hmmmm...it is feeling like creamy crack inspiration right now. Like hmmm...my hair would probably look close to that if I relaxed......

I will keep you ladies updated.

:look:....thanks, lol........no girl, you've done a wonderful job with your natural hair, it looks really healthy and full, it's just a matter of finding the right product........:yep:

Good luck and check back with updates

I've started flat-ironing my hair instead of rollersetting and It's been great so far. I purchased the FHI platform and the FHI nano weight pro blowdryer(best investment). I also use Nioxin Bliss heat protectant...I watched this stylist youtube page on how to blowdry and flat iron and she is a natural who is heat stretched and used FHI and Nioxin..

Here's her page: www.youtube.com/user/SalonCabelo

hth

Back