Have you ever brought your own products...

JLove74

I just pulled the product out of my bag and said "Please use this...". Matter of fact, I did it today :lol: :lol:

Some salons have problems with that but Dominican salons don't seem to mind.

itismehmmkay

I would usually ask in the visit before I wanted them to use the products. And I'd bring it up by first noticing the products that they use and asking if they'd mine using [blank] in its place. This is only if I know for sure that my product works better than theirs.

PinkAngel

I call on the phone to find out what products the stylist uses. If they don't use the ones I like, I simply ask if it's okay to bring my own. One stylist responded by saying, "I won't be responsible for what happens after using the products".:look: Others have just said, "sure, no problem".

KiniKakes

JLove74 said:
I just pulled the product out of my bag and said "Please use this...". Matter of fact, I did it today :lol: :lol:

I was just about to say that. :lol: I see ladies do it ALL the time. They just hand the bottles over to the washer and ask them to use those. If anything, the managers prolly like it, cuz they are still charging u the same amount, but saving their own products.

But i dont know if thats "typical". Ive been going to the Dominicans for so long that i've lost touch with regular salon protocal.

iCandyc

JLove74 said:

What she said, but I did it yesterday. The salons I go to never object. I hear some salons may charge you more for some reason though..

mscounselor

Well Im trying to convert to natural/organic products and I was planning on bringing AO or Jasons with me. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a fuss because I dont feel like using Tresemme or the other stuff.