Have you ever tried coke??

Neith

:grin:

I've been doing a bunch of research on henna lately. I'm going to start doing henna glazes every 2 weeks.

I know that most people lemon juice for color release, but it's extra drying that way. Adding oils and conditioners may lessen the amount of color that is deposited on the hair.

On one site they said that using coca cola works, it's acidic. Or any other soda. I would imagine that it's much less drying than lemon juice.

Does anyone do this?

Neala21

i've never done this...but would like to know

imo I wouldn't use coca cola espeically when you find out the many uses of like...it can be used as pipe cleaner "draino". I could just imagine what it would do to my hair.

Hopefully others will reply if they used it.

Sepia_Rose

My mind went in a whole 'nother direction when I read that :lachen:

But I'd love to hear from someone who's tried that, it sounds like it would work nicely.

JustKiya

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I read the thread title, and my first thought was "I KNOW this should be in OT!!" :rofl:

No, I've never tried coke, but then I've never had a problem with color releasing, either. If you have a good, fresh henna, you should not need any acid to get the dye to release.

Neith

i've never done this...but would like to know

imo I wouldn't use coca cola espeically when you find out the many uses of like...it can be used as pipe cleaner "draino". I could just imagine what it would do to my hair.

Hopefully others will reply if they used it.

I was under the impression that most sodas share the same qualities.

Soda is some strong crap:lachen:

I read the thread title, and my first thought was "I KNOW this should be in OT!!" :rofl:

No, I've never tried coke, but then I've never had a problem with color releasing, either. If you have a good, fresh henna, you should not need any acid to get the dye to release.

I'm using jamila henna because I can get it for free. I heard that it's notorious for taking a really long time.

I put a little coke in my henna just now :lol: Curious as to how well it works for a full henna treatment.

JustKiya

I'm using jamila henna because I can get it for free. I heard that it's notorious for taking a really long time.

I put a little coke in my henna just now :lol: Curious as to how well it works for a full henna treatment.

Ahhh, okay, that makes sense - can't knock a freebie! :lol: Yeah, I never understood the 'leave henna overnight for the color to release' - my henna would have demised by then!

You'll have to let us know how it turns out/leaves your hair feeling. :yep:

Pheonixx

Lol...I was looking at the title like, "Huh?"

Umm never used coke... I just use water. Water, henna and amla.

TsAngel

I am a regular henna user and I don't use lemon juice. I add a little paprika to give a slightly richer redness.