have you ever wanted to challenge someone?

est.April1983

I do my cousin gets a relaxer and a trim every four weeks and I told her thats not good for her hair and she said its ok she is getting some legnth now. I told her it will catch up to her, my hair is about 1.5 inches shorter than hers and I want to challenge her by what I have learned here to her shaky routines she doesnt protect her ends and its just at shoulder. What do you guys think?

sweetpuff

go for it. not in a "ha ha in your face' way, but in a "I just want to help" way. otherwise it's pointless.
it was my little 2 cents

BonBon

Im not sure about challenges but actions speak louder than words.

Sometimes you find people dont want to listen to your hair advice but when they see your hair growing more than ever they come back and ask you for tips:rolleyes:

I predict this in a few months when you catch up or over take her

shynessqueen

I challenge my soon to be SIL about a year ago. Now my hair is a lil longer then hers but she not trying to believe it right now. I'm going to make a believer out of her next summer when MY hair is BSL.

wheezy807

Im not sure about challenges but actions speak louder than words.

Sometimes you find people dont want to listen to your hair advice but when they see your hair growing more than ever they come back and ask you for tips:rolleyes:

I predict this in a few months when you catch up or over take her

ITA with the bold. But what will she learn from this challenge? Will this make her consider stretching her touchups? As long as it benefits her in some way or another to better her hair habits, i don't see anything wrong with it.

ronakajones

I have a friend thats always getting highlights and getting her hair trimmed faithfully and getting touchups faithfully and not using any mositurizers cause it weigh's her hair down. blah, blah, blah. I try to tell her info I learn on LHCF but she wants to do it her way so, she doesn't know it, but I'm watching my hair and her hair to see if mine will outgrow hers using the knowledge I'm getting from LHCF. Sometimes, Its enough to just prove yourself right instead of trying to prove someone else wrong. LOL!!!

SvelteVelvet

I've been on a silent challenge with my sis for the past few months. She has thick, even, past APL hair but she does NOTHING at all to it herself. Goes to the salon every two weeks, wears it out a few days, then pops it in a bun and she lets her trim her hair regularly. I told her to stop letting her trim her hair so much because she puts no heat to it whatsoever in between and has virtually no damage, at least spread em out. Well, my length has caught up to hers, when I pass it, I know she's gonna be like "how the heck?" Then I'll bring up our little convo. She's a tough one though, her hair grows just as fast if not faster than mine.

est.April1983

my challenge is a silent challenge as well I want to show her that constant relaxers are bad and a break on the chemicals is better. I will show by actions but I won't say a word until she notice my hair turn around!

gymfreak336

I have been on a silent challenge with my sisters since I fully committed myself to doing the right thing for my hair. I stopped telling them about the things that I have learned, I don't tell them my regime. They have recently started comming around but honesty I don't care. They talked soo much junk in the beginning that it really is funny to me now. I really think I would be heartbroken if they caught up with me but with the way they like to use heat, I don't see that happening soon.